Trouble getting a Co.oper callback - medication question

Trouble getting a Co.oper callback - medication question

Sara Q
Sara Q

August 23rd, 2012, 10:22 pm #1

Hi Ladies,

I didn't have bloodwork or an ultrasound done today, but did have a medication question so I left two callback requests for the IVF nurses and still haven't heard from anyone yet.....

Basically yesterday they told me to dial up my follistim from 150 IUs to 225 IUs last night and start Ganirelix this morning. So I did that but I also realized they didn't tell me whether I should keep taking the estinyl estradiol (1x a day) or stop taking it. I'm assuming if they had wanted me to stop, they would've said so, but I don't know....I'm worried about only one eggs resulting from this if I continue with estinyl and ganirelix.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sara Q

P.S. Yesterday I had an e2 of 276, 3 follies under 8, 1 follies at 8, 1 at 10, and 1 at 12.

MargieD
MargieD

August 24th, 2012, 12:51 am #2

What was your FSH? n/t

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 24th, 2012, 1:51 am #3

Yesterday? It was 15.5 after 5 days of stims.

AJ
AJ

August 24th, 2012, 2:58 am #4

Hi Ladies,

I didn't have bloodwork or an ultrasound done today, but did have a medication question so I left two callback requests for the IVF nurses and still haven't heard from anyone yet.....

Basically yesterday they told me to dial up my follistim from 150 IUs to 225 IUs last night and start Ganirelix this morning. So I did that but I also realized they didn't tell me whether I should keep taking the estinyl estradiol (1x a day) or stop taking it. I'm assuming if they had wanted me to stop, they would've said so, but I don't know....I'm worried about only one eggs resulting from this if I continue with estinyl and ganirelix.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sara Q

P.S. Yesterday I had an e2 of 276, 3 follies under 8, 1 follies at 8, 1 at 10, and 1 at 12.
I've stayed on it right up until trigger or surge. And they've always said when to stop, but honestly a couple times I've wondered when they didn't mention it but kept taking it to be safe. But that's just been on TI cycles. It doesn't look like it's suppressing you, so that's a good thing!

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 24th, 2012, 3:16 am #5

Hi Ladies,

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sara Q

Based on my own experience, you don't need to take the esthynil anymore. You take it to bring down your FSH. You started stim with follistim, which increases your FSH, so taking esthynil is counterproductive.
Your numbers look great.
GL

Sara Q
Sara Q

August 24th, 2012, 4:34 am #6

Hi Ladies,

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sara Q

Hey Ladies,

I finally got ahold of a nurse around 7pm east coast time (sheesh!) Apparently someone supposedly left me a message earlier, but it wasn't on my phone, so maybe they called a wrong number or something....

But anyhow, they told me to stop taking the estinyl. Apparently the nurse yesterday was supposed to tell me to stop last night, but no one did, so I took it last night. (Ugh. Can you tell that I am frustrated and annoyed?)

I really hope that taking it last night doesn't hurt the cycle, as it was going pretty well. I think you are right Margie, in that at this point it was counterproductive. I hope it doesn't stop other follies from growing. Oh well, we'll just have to see tomorrow, right?

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

xo,
Sara