"Strange" Ultrasound, Strange Cycle... (possible TMI)

"Strange" Ultrasound, Strange Cycle... (possible TMI)

April 5th, 2012, 5:42 pm #1

Hi everyone,

I am waiting to begin my first try at IVF. I experienced brown spotting and very light bleeding on Monday and Tuesday but that stopped (this was a couple days before I expected AF to begin). I didn't experience anything again until today (spotting only). I went in for an ultrasound today, originally hoping that this would have been my cycle day 3 since I had the light bleeding earlier this week. I am "satelliting" at a local RE's office but my main RE's RN said that I should keep my appointment for today, in case I really was starting my period.

The RE said that my lining seemed thick, as if I was only mid-way through my cycle. I ovulated 2 weeks ago so should seem further along than that.

Has anyone experienced this before? I am wondering what that very light bleeding was earlier in the week if it was not the start of my period.

Thanks for any info/experiences!

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 5th, 2012, 7:01 pm #2

Hard to say without seeing bloodwork to go with ultrasound n/t

Sara H
Sara H

April 5th, 2012, 7:01 pm #3

Hi everyone,

I am waiting to begin my first try at IVF. I experienced brown spotting and very light bleeding on Monday and Tuesday but that stopped (this was a couple days before I expected AF to begin). I didn't experience anything again until today (spotting only). I went in for an ultrasound today, originally hoping that this would have been my cycle day 3 since I had the light bleeding earlier this week. I am "satelliting" at a local RE's office but my main RE's RN said that I should keep my appointment for today, in case I really was starting my period.

The RE said that my lining seemed thick, as if I was only mid-way through my cycle. I ovulated 2 weeks ago so should seem further along than that.

Has anyone experienced this before? I am wondering what that very light bleeding was earlier in the week if it was not the start of my period.

But NOT to get your hopes up...

Have you POAS? Is there a possibility you are pg?

Other than that it sounds like AF has not really started. Were your ovaries doing anything?

Good luck,
Sara H

April 5th, 2012, 7:33 pm #4

Hi Sara,

Could you please email me privately at speech927@yahoo.com?

Thanks!

Nancy
Nancy

April 5th, 2012, 8:08 pm #5

Hi everyone,

Not sure if they did b/w or what your ovaries looked like but you could have an estrogen-producing cyst. Something similar happened to me 2cycles ago
and it was a cyst. Lets hope its what Sarah h says though because that is also possible:) gl!

April 5th, 2012, 10:40 pm #6

Thanks, Nancy!

Sara H
Sara H

April 5th, 2012, 11:22 pm #7

Hi Sara,

Could you please email me privately at speech927@yahoo.com?

Thanks!
Note sent! (NT)

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 6th, 2012, 10:22 pm #8

Hi everyone,

About the time you expect AF (sometimes a bit earlier) you can get very light brown spotting from where the embryo is attaching to the lining. If it's red blood or clots, it's probably not from implantation.