Seeking your advice - go with cycle or get HSG tomorrow?

Seeking your advice - go with cycle or get HSG tomorrow?

Gi8
Gi8

March 8th, 2011, 11:49 pm #1

I finally have the numbers from the growing (30-30.7mm) follie/possible cyst and here they are:

CD2: FSH 2, EST 543, P4 0.6, LH 2, Lining 3mm
CD4: FSH 3, EST 558, P4 1.1, LH 6, Lining 6mm

AND to top things off I have an HSG scheduled for tomorrow (CD6).

Should I go with it or wait until next cycle to see if this one might work? Last night they said to BD and today they're saying to just go with the HSG because chances are, even if it is a follie, since it's so early it will likely not result in PG.

HOWEVER, my gut is saying to just wait it out and reschedule HSG for next month.

Any advice? Thanks so much ladies for your help/support!

Gi8
Quote
Share

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 9th, 2011, 12:09 am #2

your lining is/was growing fast, I'm surprised it is so thick on CD4 already. Probably from your high E2. It is probably 8mm or more by now, which is ideal.

Still not sure if it is a follicle or a cyst though, do you have more monitoring to see if you ovulate soon?

I thought (I might be confused) that the HSG could be done anytime from CD5 - CD13, if so could you beg off another 5 days or so until you know what is happening?
Quote
Share

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 9th, 2011, 12:38 am #3

HSG is normally CD6 to CD10 inclusive (nt)
Quote
Share

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 9th, 2011, 1:18 am #4

it was required to be on CD 5-13

Quote
Share

Gi8
Gi8

March 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm #5

your lining is/was growing fast, I'm surprised it is so thick on CD4 already. Probably from your high E2. It is probably 8mm or more by now, which is ideal.

Still not sure if it is a follicle or a cyst though, do you have more monitoring to see if you ovulate soon?

I thought (I might be confused) that the HSG could be done anytime from CD5 - CD13, if so could you beg off another 5 days or so until you know what is happening?
Still waiting on blood results, but follie (or whatever it is!) is same size (30.7) hasn't ovulated yet, and lining is now at 10mm, which the us tech was surprised at for CD6. Went with my gut and cancelled the HSG. Figured what's another month right?!

Will see what comes back from bloodwork later. Hopefully it will clarify what might be going on. I think it must have something to do with being on estinyl and P4 lengthening my cycle from 28 days to over 45 last cycle. Maybe my right ovary decided to get started and not wait for AF to come.

What a guessing game all of this is!!! Thanks for your feedback! Gi8
Quote
Share

Joined: March 25th, 2004, 5:09 pm

March 9th, 2011, 6:01 pm #6

I finally have the numbers from the growing (30-30.7mm) follie/possible cyst and here they are:

CD2: FSH 2, EST 543, P4 0.6, LH 2, Lining 3mm
CD4: FSH 3, EST 558, P4 1.1, LH 6, Lining 6mm

AND to top things off I have an HSG scheduled for tomorrow (CD6).

Should I go with it or wait until next cycle to see if this one might work? Last night they said to BD and today they're saying to just go with the HSG because chances are, even if it is a follie, since it's so early it will likely not result in PG.

HOWEVER, my gut is saying to just wait it out and reschedule HSG for next month.

Any advice? Thanks so much ladies for your help/support!

Gi8
What did you decide to do? With your P4 bobbling up to 1.1, I'd tend to do one more day of b/w to see if it goes up and LH goes up. Your LH is still too low to be surging. But just in case it was rising and getting ready to surge, I'd try to check one more day.

On the other hand, doing the HSG and getting it out of the way on a confusing cycle would be okay as well. It just depends upon what you feel like doing.
Quote
Like
Share

Gi8
Gi8

March 9th, 2011, 6:39 pm #7

Still waiting on blood results to see what happens with P4 and LH since lining is looking good. Thanks for noticing the post and taking the time to respond! I really appreciate it. Gi8
Quote
Share

Joined: March 25th, 2004, 5:09 pm

March 9th, 2011, 6:40 pm #8

Still waiting on blood results, but follie (or whatever it is!) is same size (30.7) hasn't ovulated yet, and lining is now at 10mm, which the us tech was surprised at for CD6. Went with my gut and cancelled the HSG. Figured what's another month right?!

Will see what comes back from bloodwork later. Hopefully it will clarify what might be going on. I think it must have something to do with being on estinyl and P4 lengthening my cycle from 28 days to over 45 last cycle. Maybe my right ovary decided to get started and not wait for AF to come.

What a guessing game all of this is!!! Thanks for your feedback! Gi8
Please update us on your b/w results. It will be interesting to see what it shows and maybe we can all help you sort it out.

I think you did the right thing in going with your gut. Most of the time, I have discovered that is the best thing to do regarding this fertility stuff.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 25th, 2004, 5:09 pm

March 9th, 2011, 6:42 pm #9

Still waiting on blood results to see what happens with P4 and LH since lining is looking good. Thanks for noticing the post and taking the time to respond! I really appreciate it. Gi8
nt
Quote
Like
Share

Gi8
Gi8

March 9th, 2011, 7:11 pm #10

Please update us on your b/w results. It will be interesting to see what it shows and maybe we can all help you sort it out.

I think you did the right thing in going with your gut. Most of the time, I have discovered that is the best thing to do regarding this fertility stuff.
:) Thanks KarenH! Will post as soon as I hear back re bloodwork! Gi8 nt
Quote
Share