Scared it's probably over for us

Scared it's probably over for us

jmassage
jmassage

February 8th, 2012, 6:14 pm #1

Yesterday was 5dpt and I started getting AF type cramps lastnight. They lasted on and off all night. I woke up this morning and I noticed a little blood on toilet paper. It went on like this all morning. Not too heavy, but I was pretty sure it was my period, even thoughI'm not due for a few more days. The other thing I thought was that maybe I had literally scratched myself so much "down there" that my actual vagina was bleeding!! I don't mean to sound gross but the crinone gell is taking its toll on me. I am completely red and raw!! I called the clinic to see if I should stop the crinone because AF was on its way and she said no. She said sometimes the applicator for the crinone can irritate the capillaries and cause some spotting. IDK if I buy that, but....So I'm home now and no more bleeding! I know theres alot of talk on here about implantation cramping/bleeding, but is that really all that common?? I'm trying to not lose hope. Part of me wants to
POAS but I'm not sure if it's too soon. Thanks for listening everyone. It's scary.

Jamie
Jamie

February 8th, 2012, 6:21 pm #2

When the egg burrows into the lining it can disrupt the blood a little bit. I had some pink-tinged discharge around that time.

I don't mean to sound like your cheerleader, always coming up with the positive scenario. It may or may not have worked. What helped me stay same is just to be planning my next move in case things did not work. I had to attempt IVF five times to get success (cancelled on three, went to transfer on two), so it can just take fortitude. Hang in there.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 8th, 2012, 6:22 pm #3

Yesterday was 5dpt and I started getting AF type cramps lastnight. They lasted on and off all night. I woke up this morning and I noticed a little blood on toilet paper. It went on like this all morning. Not too heavy, but I was pretty sure it was my period, even thoughI'm not due for a few more days. The other thing I thought was that maybe I had literally scratched myself so much "down there" that my actual vagina was bleeding!! I don't mean to sound gross but the crinone gell is taking its toll on me. I am completely red and raw!! I called the clinic to see if I should stop the crinone because AF was on its way and she said no. She said sometimes the applicator for the crinone can irritate the capillaries and cause some spotting. IDK if I buy that, but....So I'm home now and no more bleeding! I know theres alot of talk on here about implantation cramping/bleeding, but is that really all that common?? I'm trying to not lose hope. Part of me wants to
POAS but I'm not sure if it's too soon. Thanks for listening everyone. It's scary.
I know it is so hard but you just have to keep doing the meds and wait it out. Hoping that it is not AF for you! I did not make it to beta for my 2nd IVF and was bleeding really really heavily 4 days before beta. My RE at the time said that crinone won't keep AF away if you aren't pg. If the blood stopped, that is really good.

Sara H
Sara H

February 8th, 2012, 6:29 pm #4

but these are also possible good signs.

Hang in there, stay on the meds and DON"T GIVE UP YET!

I know it is really best to guard your heart, please do what you need to but I really think you are not out yet, OK?

Hugs and love,
Sara H

February 8th, 2012, 7:26 pm #5

It's too early to tell. And it sounds like your body does not like that crinone. I wonder if you could switch to Prometrium? That is a different brand.

Yes, some women have implantation bleeding and cramping. Maybe you are one of them.

Laura
Laura

February 8th, 2012, 7:35 pm #6

Happened with my first and again with this one. Hang in there! The beta is scheduled when it is for a reason!

Houston
Houston

February 8th, 2012, 8:27 pm #7

Don't lose hope. I had the same symptoms the only time I actually had a succesful BFP. AF cramps can be a really good thing.

anna
anna

February 8th, 2012, 9:03 pm #8

i say its either implantation or you have a wound down there. BTW i am the same with scratching, its bad.....

if you are 5dpt its too early for period, you can get possibly get period 8 days after ovulation (retrieval)

anna
anna

February 8th, 2012, 9:05 pm #9

i meant to say you cant possibly get AF that early

Erin
Erin

February 8th, 2012, 9:29 pm #10

I don't have any great advice- just wanted to say thinking of you and hoping all turns out well. Also, I found the crinone really irritating as well. Just awful. Try not to lose hope. Wishing you well.