Sara Q, How is every thing going on with Schoolcraft

Sara Q, How is every thing going on with Schoolcraft

Anna (waiting26)
Anna (waiting26)

August 3rd, 2011, 10:52 pm #1

I remember that you said you have a phone consult with Schoolcraft on Monday,. How did it go? Does he accept high FSH patient, I am thinking to consider going to him. I am in LA thou.

Sara Q
Sara Q

August 4th, 2011, 10:59 pm #2

Hi Anna,

Thanks for checking in. Yep, we had our final phone consult with Schoolcraft on Monday. I was very nervous, considering my conversations about him prior to the consult. But it went really well. I'd asked ahead of time for him not to tell me what my AMH and FSH numbers were, UNLESS they were so bad that he didn't think cycling was worth it. So he didn't tell me what they were, although he did say, "even though I know you don't want to know what your day 3s are, I want you to know that they're better than I'd thought they'd be." Who knows what that means....maybe my AMH is crap but my FSH is just sort-of crap this month... Or maybe b/c I've had 3 IVF failures...who knows? But he DOES take high FSH patients for sure; I talked with a woman who's FSH is over 20 and she cycled with him.

But anyhow, he said he's excited to see what we can accomplish and that he gives me a 35-40% chance of success, which is higher than my old RE. Let's hope he's right.

I'm in California too Anna. We're flying to Colorado to do the cycle.

Good luck to you. Let me know what you're thinking.

-S

Anna (waiting26)
Anna (waiting26)

August 5th, 2011, 12:14 am #3

Thanks for your response, I am glad he is willing to work with you and gave you such a high success chance. I wish you the best of luck. Do you mind if I ask your previous FSH and AMH, if you ever had them tested. Also what is your AFC?

the reason i am asking is because my FSH=28, amh
so I want to know if I have a shot with him.

Please keep me posted on your progress and I will pray for you to be a mommy soon.

August 5th, 2011, 11:05 pm #4

Hi Anna,

Thanks for checking in. Yep, we had our final phone consult with Schoolcraft on Monday. I was very nervous, considering my conversations about him prior to the consult. But it went really well. I'd asked ahead of time for him not to tell me what my AMH and FSH numbers were, UNLESS they were so bad that he didn't think cycling was worth it. So he didn't tell me what they were, although he did say, "even though I know you don't want to know what your day 3s are, I want you to know that they're better than I'd thought they'd be." Who knows what that means....maybe my AMH is crap but my FSH is just sort-of crap this month... Or maybe b/c I've had 3 IVF failures...who knows? But he DOES take high FSH patients for sure; I talked with a woman who's FSH is over 20 and she cycled with him.

But anyhow, he said he's excited to see what we can accomplish and that he gives me a 35-40% chance of success, which is higher than my old RE. Let's hope he's right.

-S
Just wanted to wish you good luck on your upcoming cycle!! Glad the consult went well!

xoxo, Tracy

August 15th, 2011, 12:20 am #5

Hi Anna,

-S
Sara-
I'm new to this forum. I have a phone consult on Sept. 1 with Dr. Schoolcraft. How in depth was the initial phone consult? Is he making you repeat all the labs? How long from the initial consult to the start of your stim cycle?
I had labs repeated this month and hope he does not want to do again.
Thanks