Sara H. - How are you?

Sara H. - How are you?

Tanya
Tanya

June 21st, 2011, 7:31 pm #1

I may have missed a post but I was wondering what Cooper said when you went back? I think they were going to confirm release?
I really hope this is you lucky cycle!!!

Sara H.
Sara H.

June 22nd, 2011, 2:05 pm #2

I was stalled and had no follicle growth at all on Thursday and Friday, stuck at 16.3 exactly, but my DH (which I say also stands for Designated Hitter, not just Dear Husband, though he is that, too!)says it stalled to give him time to get home!

It was still there on Saturday and up to 19.5 with great numbers to match. They had me do a Lupron trigger (and somewhere I TOTALLY missed what the dosage was and had a total panic since they were closed already and I was supposed to trigger in a few hours... but Cee was my angel and when I posted she had JUST the right info to help me! BLESSINGS!) Took the Lupron, BDed and prayed! Monday morning the ultrasound showed the follicle released and lining good at 9! YIPPEE! So they still had me do another HCG shot on top of that (though I am unclear of why but happily did it) and now I am in the 2WW! Which makes me very happy but, of course, won't know until after the 4th of July and we are having weekend guests... so I guess I'll do the old "I'm on some meds and not allowed to drink" thing.

So, with DH having been gone for 5 days at the worst time in my cycle it actually turned out to be perfect that i got all messed up at the start! My only thought is that the egg currently at play is not my bodies' first choice, since I had had a 10 mm follicle that disappeared when my FSH shot up at the start of this cycle, but I have never ever gotten a BFP so I am not so sure I trust my bodies first choice in eggs anyway!

So, that's physically how I am but emotionally I am trying not to really put too much into this. I can't set my heart on it again and have another huge crush, so I am trying to be pessimistically-optimistic. I don't think this will work, since no previous cycle, my IUIs of my IVF worked, but I will be thrilled if it does!

Thank you so much for asking... sorry if I typed-babbled on... you asked a one line question and I gave you an essay!

How are you????

Hugs!
Sara H.

Tanya
Tanya

June 22nd, 2011, 3:09 pm #3

I may have missed a post but I was wondering what Cooper said when you went back? I think they were going to confirm release?
I really hope this is you lucky cycle!!!
This cycle sounds really good! I used to remind myself that Cooper may not be quickest because they study each cycle and learn from it but at the end of the day, the turtle won the race and they produce results.

You just need to catch that lucky egg and I really hope this is your month!!! I wonder if they had you to the second trigger because it helps the corpus luteum mature and function?

Im doing good, thank you for asking. It still seems unreal and Im just taking one day at a time.

MargieD
MargieD

June 22nd, 2011, 3:55 pm #4

Can you explain more about that? How do you know if it's mature and functioning?

June 22nd, 2011, 4:26 pm #5

This is my understanding..acc to my RE the trigger not only helps release the egg it also helps with progesterone production until the corpus leuteum takes over....i think by functioning of the corus luteum she means helping it produce the progesterone its supposed to produce until implantation occurs and until the placenta takes over production of progesterone much later on.

pls correct me if i am wrong...

gisg

Tanya
Tanya

June 22nd, 2011, 6:45 pm #6

Okay this sounds so bad but I really don't know what it means. I was so deperate for any ounce of hope that when I heard a trigger could help, I jumped all over it. I'll try to do some searches and post if I find anything specific.

Sara H.
Sara H.

June 22nd, 2011, 7:18 pm #7

Because I did a Lupron trigger and that triggered me by dropping my levels that the HCG was to put them back...

Lupron used as a trigger wipes your FSH so the extra HCG levels it back out, I am guessing. Also, I think that because I was to do 5,000 HCG, not the full 10,000.

Will ask next time I chat with them!

Hope that helps!
Sara H.

MargieD
MargieD

June 22nd, 2011, 7:25 pm #8

Gisg's explanation makes a lot of sense, BUT I didn't know how a trigger shot could do that - especially if the Lupron did the job...

And don't you want your FSH to be low?? Why bring it back up??

Just curious the purpose of the trigger shot...

Tanya
Tanya

June 22nd, 2011, 7:58 pm #9

MargieD
MargieD

June 22nd, 2011, 8:13 pm #10

But unless I missed something, it doesn't seem to explain the use of a HCG shot AFTER the Lupron shots AND the confirmation that the follicle(s) released.

Why do both??