religious question

religious question

anon 4 this
anon 4 this

December 18th, 2011, 2:51 pm #1

Do you think if you have been through years and years of IF, G-D is telling you to give up, that it won't happen, but you are too stubborn to see that? So, because of your stubborn nature, you continue, but in reality it will never happen because G-D has indicated to you long ago that you should give up (by not allowing you to be successful)?

I am struggling with this question and I don't have a religious figure in my life to really get an answer, so I would like anyone's input on this.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

December 18th, 2011, 4:00 pm #2

Hi,

I am Christian..but not particularly religious. I do however believe in God and believe that people that have gone on before us look out for us. I get where you are coming from because I am always looking for signs from God or the people that I love that have passed on. IMHO, I don't think God is trying to tell you anything with respect to having babies..but is instead preparing you for something else. You have likely found strength that you never knew you had before going through IF. Maybe you have come to value things and people so much more having gone through this. Maybe you no longer take anything for granted. Maybe these are the gifts that you are being given to you despite all of the heartache. Also..EVERYTHING in GOD's time..not ours. JMHO.

Sara H
Sara H

December 18th, 2011, 4:39 pm #3

Do you think if you have been through years and years of IF, G-D is telling you to give up, that it won't happen, but you are too stubborn to see that? So, because of your stubborn nature, you continue, but in reality it will never happen because G-D has indicated to you long ago that you should give up (by not allowing you to be successful)?

I am struggling with this question and I don't have a religious figure in my life to really get an answer, so I would like anyone's input on this.
You are not alone. Go back and read Anna's post below which asks the same thing and got some great responses already, including Mrs. A's link.

I think there are two thoughts to consider:

One- God does every thing on purpose. If He was totally shutting a door, it would be shuttered and closed, locked, bolted and welded! If there is a chance then there is a reason for the chance. It might not be the reason you want it to be, like that you will get pg as you dreamed, but it might be the journey you are supposed to take, the lessons you are supposed to learn and the other lives you touch along the way.

Two- He already knew how long this path is for you. He already know how it ends. He already knew how much strength is would take. He already knew how much you would need to lean on Him. He is the one that made you stubborn! He knew. He knew what you would chose, He set you on the path!

We can't know His plan, we can't know why He wants us to go though certain things. We can just breath, say OK, and try to learn from each moment what we can, about ourselves, our partners and our lives.

Maybe He knew you needed a test of Faith, maybe He knew you needed time, maybe He knew you needed to go though this to teacher you some lesson you needed to learn. Infertility is sad and horrible, yes, but it is not nearly as horrible as so many other things!

With infertility we have choices and we can still be parents!

Maybe His plan for you is to let you do this as long as you need to and then find the child who is out there waiting from you, though embryo donation, though domestic adoption, or maybe even in another country.

He is "not allowing you to be successful", maybe He is readying your heart to be successful in another way.

I, personally, never believe that God does not want us to be successful, but I do believe he guilds our steps onto the path that is right for us.

Have you heard this song?:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6585783232
(Yes, it's a bit county and it's not about infertility but it really hits home to this subject.)

For me, if we had gotten PG when we wanted to three and a half years ago, we would have missed some of our greatest adventures in travel, the wonderful closeness this journey had brought us as a couple and how much stronger is has made our relationship, the amazing people I have met along the way and the lessons I have learned about all sorts of things... and the knowledge that, for me, I would have been resentful if we had gotten PG immediately of what it would have cost me career-wise. Now I know what I am willing to give up willingly! We started trying not because we were really ready but because we felt we were running out of time and insurance and knew we had to start. Now, we are totally ready and our hearts are open to be parents no matter how it happens!

I hope you find that, too.
I know we have said it before because I know you have posted these questions before but good luck to you.
I hope you find peace.

Sara H

(I would also add that you really should search for a spiritual adviser you can really talk to, they can help you much more than we can, since we all come from different backgrounds. One of the requests of this board is that we not really talk religion, but there are other boards out there with a religious bent. However, this has come up on this board a lot so do a search, you will find lovely words of hope there.)

There is also this poem, I hope it helps:

The Wait Poem

Wait

Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried;
Quietly, patiently, lovingly, God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate . . .
And the Master so gently said, "Wait."

"Wait? you say wait?" my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By faith I have asked, and I'm claiming your Word.

"My future and all to which I relate
Hangs in the balance, and you tell me to wait?
I'm needing a 'yes', a go-ahead sign,
Or even a 'no' to which I can resign.

"You promised, dear Lord, that if we believe,
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply."

Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate,
As my Master replied again, "Wait."
So I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut,
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting for what?"

He seemed then to kneel, and His eyes met with mine . . .
and He tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead and cause mountains to run.

"I could give all you seek and pleased you would be.
You'd have what you want, but you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint.
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.

"You'd not learn to see through clouds of despair;
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there.
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
When darkness and silence are all you can see.

"You'd never experience the fullness of love
When the peace of My spirit descends like a dove.
You would know that I give, and I save, for a start,
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.

"The glow of my comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight.
The depth that's beyond getting just what you ask
From an infinite God who makes what you have last.

"You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that My grace is sufficient for thee.
Yes, your dearest dreams overnight would come true,
But, oh, the loss, if you missed what I'm doing in you.

"So, be silent, my child, and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to truly know me.
And though oft My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still . . . Wait.

By Russell Kelfer

anna
anna

December 18th, 2011, 4:49 pm #4

Depending on how long ur trying , I personally think we shouldnt spend years and years seeking fertility treatment. and I do believe that G-d is in control of EVERY THING. after all its not baking a cookie, its bringing a life to this world, so there is soul involved, and it only happens if he wants. Of course we should try our best and not expect that things would happen magically. that's all I know and I am certain about.

anna
anna

December 18th, 2011, 5:05 pm #5

http://m.youtube.com/?dc=organic&source ... 6rwo--Zsx0

That is my theory in life

December 18th, 2011, 6:33 pm #6

Today's sermon was about interruption. God interrupted Mary's life to tell her the news of Christ's coming. We all have life's interruptions. Sometimes we are overwhelmed with good news and other times life's interruptions take a toll on us. They bury us and challenge us to get out of bed every morning. So yes, God is a giver and a taker. He doesn't promise to grant you what you want, just what you need.

Every holiday season, I do a blog post that includes the below quote: "I asked God for strength." This year I posted on Thanksgiving. I copy and pasted it below. Peace, Anna.

"I am incredibly grateful for the warm roof over my head, the jobs my husband and I hold, the food I am about to eat, and the friends and family I have in my life. In this year of 2011 there were many moments of happiness, solitude, gratitude, fear, grief, humbleness, and above all love. I continue to believe this world is a wonderful place. To all our friends & loved ones, may you have the most thankful and blessed holiday. And now a holiday repost that resonates within me:

I asked God for strength
that I might achieve . . .
I was made weak,
that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health
that I might do greater things . . .
I was given infirmity,
that I might do better things.

I asked for riches,
that I might be happy . . .
I was given poverty
that I might be wise.

I asked for power
that I might have the praise of men . . .
I was given weakness,
that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things
that I might enjoy life . . .
I was given life,
that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing I asked for,
but everything I had hoped for
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

Rebekah {Scott & Avery}"

December 18th, 2011, 6:35 pm #7

So sorry! I was answering two posts at once - but the same message. So Anna's name appears in the religious post above, but it's for anon and everyone. R

Laura
Laura

December 18th, 2011, 8:07 pm #8

Even if you're not religious, I think you can appreciate what the author says about when bad things happen. God doesn't CAUSE bad things to happen, but he doesn't stop bad things from happening either. He overpowers darkness in our with Light in His perfect timing.

December 18th, 2011, 8:47 pm #9

God's path always reveals itself in the end.

http://lifelivedfully.com/2011/08/and-t ... your-mind/

December 18th, 2011, 8:47 pm #10

And religion of course ment