Really low Estrogen

Really low Estrogen

January 26th, 2012, 2:47 am #1

How bad is it? I went in this morning to get blood work so they could check my estrogen level. I started stims on Friday night. So after an EPP and five days of stims, my estrogen was a 15!!! Yes, you read that right. Am I basically screwed? Should I throw in the towel for this cycle or is there still a chance? I go back Saturday morning for blood work and u/s. Be honest and thanks.

Cee
Cee

January 26th, 2012, 2:50 am #2

What was your E2 on CD3 or your baseline? Has it gone up at all?

I'm sorry you're not seeing a bigger rise, but maybe it will just take a little while to respond...

January 26th, 2012, 2:57 am #3

I don't know for some reason when you do the EPP, my clinic doesn't do day 3 blood work. They only do the u/s at baseline.

AJ
AJ

January 26th, 2012, 4:04 am #4

the estrogen from the EPP would skew the results? I assume this is for IVF...when I did medicated IUI's at my old RE they would only do u/s and baseline and then b/w only if there was something measurable on the u/s- like a cyst or early follicle. But I would think for IVF they would do a b/w baseline.

Typically, a low estrogen isn't good. I haven't done EPP but it's my understanding that with it the response can be long and slow, but eventually gets there. I'm sure someone with more experience will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've heard.

I hope you see a good rise on Saturday!

Jamie
Jamie

January 26th, 2012, 5:25 am #5

How bad is it? I went in this morning to get blood work so they could check my estrogen level. I started stims on Friday night. So after an EPP and five days of stims, my estrogen was a 15!!! Yes, you read that right. Am I basically screwed? Should I throw in the towel for this cycle or is there still a chance? I go back Saturday morning for blood work and u/s. Be honest and thanks.
EPP can oversuppress you. Are you taking lupron too? My estrogen was like that when I tried to stim with lupron.

January 26th, 2012, 9:58 am #6

Do u still have the patches on?

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled
Gearing up for IVF #4

January 26th, 2012, 8:10 pm #7

EPP can oversuppress you. Are you taking lupron too? My estrogen was like that when I tried to stim with lupron.
I am not taking Lupron. I took three days of ganerelix. This is the third time I have done this protocol for IVF. I have never had numbers this low. Just hoping for some sort of miracle before Saturday.

January 26th, 2012, 8:12 pm #8

Do u still have the patches on?

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled
Gearing up for IVF #4
Yes, I still have the patch on but it's a priming patch so it was put on before AF and stims. It's been on for over a week so it probably doesn't have any "juice" left.