Quick question about lab orders

Quick question about lab orders

AJ
AJ

August 1st, 2012, 5:15 am #1

Does a Drs signature need to be on orders for b/w? I'm away from home and am supposed to have b/w done tomorrow for C.heck. I go to Lab.cor.p and made a copy of the order as usual and just noticed for some reason his signature got cut off. Will the lab still accept it? TIA!!

MargieD
MargieD

August 1st, 2012, 12:16 pm #2

The local RE used to accept copies of the order form that I had...but they changed practices and it now has to come directly from the Co-opers' office (via fax).

You may want to call Co-opers and ask them to fax it over - just in case.

AJ
AJ

August 1st, 2012, 12:52 pm #3

I know La.bcorp will accept the copy, I just wonder if the signature is required. Hmmmmm. I guess I'll go and try, I'll be back home tomorrow and can go to the other lab I've been going to with a better copy of the orders if they wont accept the order without the signature. I just don't know how his signature was cut off when I made this copy. At this point in my cycle I don't think a day later will hurt, but it would be easier if I was able to get the blood draw today. Thanks:)

Anon... since this is a little sneaky...
Anon... since this is a little sneaky...

August 2nd, 2012, 3:41 pm #4

have something else with his signature on it? Could do a little computer magic and move it over from one to the other...

I would NEVER do that on a script for meds or anything like that but this is blood work...

My bet is that they will never see it got cut off or just ask them to compare it with the previous order. My worry is NOT the lab but your insurance, they look for ANY reason to not pay. (Or, at least mine sure does!)

Either way good luck!

AJ
AJ

August 2nd, 2012, 4:36 pm #5

Thanks! I was about 3hrs from home so just had to copy, nothing else. They accepted the order and it ended up being good that I had the draw yesterday. After close to a month on estinyl my body is finally starting to do something:) Back home now and have to repeat all labs tomorrow. Thanks again!

Erin
Erin

August 2nd, 2012, 8:02 pm #6

Glad your body is responding and wishing you lots of good luck!

Sara H
Sara H

August 2nd, 2012, 8:23 pm #7

Thanks! I was about 3hrs from home so just had to copy, nothing else. They accepted the order and it ended up being good that I had the draw yesterday. After close to a month on estinyl my body is finally starting to do something:) Back home now and have to repeat all labs tomorrow. Thanks again!
So happy the estinyl is kicking in, for me it was the wonder drug that eventually lead to my successful cycle! I pray the same is true for you!

Hugs,
Sara H

Nancy
Nancy

August 2nd, 2012, 10:42 pm #8

Glad to hear it worked out. Wanted to tell you good luck with everything!!!

Nancy

AJ
AJ

August 3rd, 2012, 4:18 am #9

So happy the estinyl is kicking in, for me it was the wonder drug that eventually lead to my successful cycle! I pray the same is true for you!

Hugs,
Sara H
I don't really post on the pink board but I do pop over to see how everyone is doing. So glad to see that things are going so well for you both!

AJ
AJ

August 3rd, 2012, 4:20 am #10

Glad to hear it worked out. Wanted to tell you good luck with everything!!!

Nancy
I really appreciate it:)