Question for Alli (pg ment, BCP ment)

Question for Alli (pg ment, BCP ment)

anna
anna

January 25th, 2012, 11:57 pm #1

Alli, this is sort of out of topic question. Just want to see how much endo could prevent pregnancy. I know you got your BFP on your first transfer . That makes me wonder that maybe age is really important and FSh doesnt talk so much and it was just your endo preventing you from BFP and all your eggs are in fact very good.

So my question: I know with 3 you hand are full and you probably are done with TTC (just my guess, IDK). But are you using any type of birth control or you are just so certain that endometriosis will prevent you from getting prg naturally? I am just curious. Your respond will help me rule out my expectations for future. I hope you feel comfortable responding to this, if not you can email me. I hope you still have my email.

Thanks

January 26th, 2012, 3:12 am #2

No BCP. I think 35 TI cycles with nothing should be a hint. I first consulted with Dr A after I was told to get a lap for an endometrioma from my old clinic. He said no. Even if you remove every bit of visible endo, there is microscopic endo that releases toxins and messes with the egg. You've probably seen this blog:

http://www.ivfauthority.com/2009/05/end ... ommon.html

I also have the antisperm antibodies and DH low morphology which may have played a part. I think endo definitely had a part in why I couldnt ever have TI success.

BUT I do need to get Mirena or something because oh my goodness...

GL to you!!!!!

January 26th, 2012, 3:25 am #3

Mirena for the night sweats?

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled
Gearing up for IVF #4

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 26th, 2012, 4:57 am #4

I think mirena is a bcp!! to prevent pg........am I right?

Laura
Laura

January 26th, 2012, 1:13 pm #5

Mirena for the night sweats?

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled
Gearing up for IVF #4
A small device placed in your uterus that prevents embryos from implanting. Mirena has a small amount of hormones like BCP, but there are IUDs that don't.

Alli
Alli

January 26th, 2012, 2:11 pm #6

Right- might try paraguard (nt)