Question about the corpus luteum

Question about the corpus luteum

Cee
Cee

June 23rd, 2011, 2:42 pm #1

Despite everything we all go through and talk about there are still a lot of things I don't know about the reproductive process.

The latest question I have is, when you're having an u/s 7dpo, should you be able to see the corpus luteum?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 23rd, 2011, 3:06 pm #2

it should be there...it's what's producing the P4 reading you get that same day.

Don't worry about not knowing everything. Sometimes I forget that I even do know something. Our minds get so clouded with all the information that you don't remember what you do or don't know.

I remember a long time ago (may have been Tanya?) someone posted a question about what's a boost and I responded something like I have no idea. Meanwhile only a short time earlier I'd had a posting about how I was doing a boost. You get so swarmed with info and data you lose it sometimes and can't see the forest through the trees.

Cee
Cee

June 23rd, 2011, 3:13 pm #3

I had my u/s this morning for my lining check and there wasn't a corpus leteum on the u/s. So what does that mean exactly?

Sara H
Sara H

June 23rd, 2011, 3:17 pm #4

I had a follicle and two days later "Nothing, it's gone"... so along with Cee's question I would add: how long does it take to grow/form?

I wonder since I am on p4 support but have only had a very small rise in temperature.

Thank you for any info and good question, Cee!

Sara H.

PS- Mrs. A, how are you doing???

Sara H
Sara H

June 23rd, 2011, 3:22 pm #5

About how your trigger turned out, sounds like you did release if it was gone! Good news!

Cee
Cee

June 23rd, 2011, 3:23 pm #6

I had a follicle and two days later "Nothing, it's gone"... so along with Cee's question I would add: how long does it take to grow/form?

I wonder since I am on p4 support but have only had a very small rise in temperature.

Thank you for any info and good question, Cee!

Sara H.

PS- Mrs. A, how are you doing???
I meant to put Sara H in the Message line, not the name! You're probably like, "I didn't post that!"

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 23rd, 2011, 3:57 pm #7

I had my u/s this morning for my lining check and there wasn't a corpus leteum on the u/s. So what does that mean exactly?
I don't know how small the CL becomes after it's life as a collapsed follie.

Definitely ask the Cooper nurse when you get the callback. Curious to hear what she says.
However, I think the primary focus is the lining and the b/w values vs. visualization of the CL.

MargieD
MargieD

June 23rd, 2011, 3:59 pm #8

Despite everything we all go through and talk about there are still a lot of things I don't know about the reproductive process.

The latest question I have is, when you're having an u/s 7dpo, should you be able to see the corpus luteum?
My 7dpo check up was on Tuesday. The nurse was a veteran but I think it was the first time she had ever done a 7dpo check up!!!! Didn't know what to tell me. Kept saying "I think..." UGH!!

Anyway - I did some research on the corpus luteum. I was looking at some pictures and I think they can be different sizes. Right? It doesn't have to be big? Right? So - if they saw other things ("ex-follicles) - they could be C.L? Right? So - Sara H. and Cee could have C.L.s but not be able to see them... right???

I am also wondering this because mine - from what the nurse said - was HUGE. I think it was 25 mm or something. I asked if it was a cyst, but she said no... but there was no confidence in her answer....

And the lining.... oh geez... she didn't even know how to interpret that... had to ask the doctor!!

Sara H (For real!)
Sara H (For real!)

June 23rd, 2011, 4:58 pm #9

I meant to put Sara H in the Message line, not the name! You're probably like, "I didn't post that!"
Hahahaahah! No worries! ;-) (NT)

Cee
Cee

June 23rd, 2011, 6:00 pm #10

My 7dpo check up was on Tuesday. The nurse was a veteran but I think it was the first time she had ever done a 7dpo check up!!!! Didn't know what to tell me. Kept saying "I think..." UGH!!

Anyway - I did some research on the corpus luteum. I was looking at some pictures and I think they can be different sizes. Right? It doesn't have to be big? Right? So - if they saw other things ("ex-follicles) - they could be C.L? Right? So - Sara H. and Cee could have C.L.s but not be able to see them... right???

I am also wondering this because mine - from what the nurse said - was HUGE. I think it was 25 mm or something. I asked if it was a cyst, but she said no... but there was no confidence in her answer....

And the lining.... oh geez... she didn't even know how to interpret that... had to ask the doctor!!
The corpus luteum would show up as a kind of "cloudy" follicle if it's visible on u/s, and it would also have a thicker looking border, i.e., more gray around the circumference. Of course, saying all of this and then interpreting it on u/s is easier said than done.

I'd imagine that they could be whatever size! I don't know that the bigger the CL the more hormones it secretes or whatever. I am a little bit nervous though since my u/s tech didn't say anything about it today. She looked at my ovaries and said they were both quiet, but on my right side, from where I ovulated, I thought I saw a small cyst, which I thought could be the CL, but she didn't mention it. I should have asked!