Premature Ovarian Failure and EWCM

Premature Ovarian Failure and EWCM

August 9th, 2012, 6:20 pm #1

Hello!
I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure in 2010(at age 41). My FSH was 153 and my LH was 72, and my Estrogen was 80 at the time of diagnosis. I did not have any other tests performed (with the exception of FSH, LH and Estrogen level) I was dealing with a lot of stress at the time, coming off Prozac (horrible reaction) and I had an ovarian cyst the size of an apricot.. In January 2011, my cyst was removed. I tried loestrin to control my hormones (gave me headaches) and then Activella (also gave me headaches)
In March of 2012, I was put on Vivelle Dot and Prometrium (days 1-10 each motnth)..After only one month, my FSH dropped from 110 to 23!! My estrogen was 80.. My periods returned as well.. Now, I have noticed in the past 3 months, I am having cervical mucus patterns typical of someone who ovulates..I am also having weird ovarian pains similar to ovulation.. Is it possible that I am ovulating again? Should I use a ovulation prediction kit? I have an appt with my ob/gyn for my pap soon, so I will be asking him as well. I was just wondering if I am going through the motions of ovulation but not ovulating.. I really want to believe that I am, but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment

ActingLoud
ActingLoud

August 9th, 2012, 6:36 pm #2

Dr Check uses estinyl to bring women out of Menopause.

Nasrin
Nasrin

August 9th, 2012, 8:06 pm #3

Hello!
I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure in 2010(at age 41). My FSH was 153 and my LH was 72, and my Estrogen was 80 at the time of diagnosis. I did not have any other tests performed (with the exception of FSH, LH and Estrogen level) I was dealing with a lot of stress at the time, coming off Prozac (horrible reaction) and I had an ovarian cyst the size of an apricot.. In January 2011, my cyst was removed. I tried loestrin to control my hormones (gave me headaches) and then Activella (also gave me headaches)
In March of 2012, I was put on Vivelle Dot and Prometrium (days 1-10 each motnth)..After only one month, my FSH dropped from 110 to 23!! My estrogen was 80.. My periods returned as well.. Now, I have noticed in the past 3 months, I am having cervical mucus patterns typical of someone who ovulates..I am also having weird ovarian pains similar to ovulation.. Is it possible that I am ovulating again? Should I use a ovulation prediction kit? I have an appt with my ob/gyn for my pap soon, so I will be asking him as well. I was just wondering if I am going through the motions of ovulation but not ovulating.. I really want to believe that I am, but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment
OPK is pretty inexpensive compared to all the IF treatment. I'm assuming you are thinking you might be able to now get pregnant with OPK and BD alone. If you are thinking about IF treatment though, I would imagine most REs would look at your age and probably suggest not to lose any months trying on your own. One of the things my RE did was to order a blood test midway thru my cycle to confirm that I ovulated and was not pregnant before they started any drugs. But if IF treatment (including DE) is not in the cards for you, you can always do OPK and BD as your sole efforts or combined with other strategies.

Jainee
Jainee

August 9th, 2012, 9:00 pm #4

Hello!
and if you are getting your periods that is the best sign that you have ovarian activity. My suggestion to you is get busy..........catch it while you have the CM - you don't know how long the window of respite might be.........good luck!!!

AJ
AJ

August 10th, 2012, 4:31 pm #5

Hello!
If your LH is elevated it will be difficult to get an accurate reading. I get false positives on OPks because my LH is higher. I think the PPs suggestion to time BD with EWCM is a good one. Good luck!

Sara H
Sara H

August 12th, 2012, 3:47 am #6

I had a hard time with OPKs until I got internet cheapies and tested twice a day around the time I thought was right. Then I double checked with a good one. Seems my surge, unless "helped" with drugs, we quick and easily missed.

In the end I also needed help to trigger but I was ovulating.
(Can you have your dr. look for follicles? Are you with an RE?)

Good luck, seems like very good signs!
Very hopeful for you,
Sara H

August 12th, 2012, 7:51 pm #7

Hi Sara H!

What website did you use to order the cheap tests? I have been using the Clearblue smiley face strips and wow, they are expensive! Thanks and hope that you are doing well!

Sara H
Sara H

August 12th, 2012, 10:34 pm #8

I went on Amazon and there were a bunch of sites. It's the same kind they use at the OB's office for a pee test. I got ones with pg tests, too, or you can get just the opk tests. They are far from glamorous but they work the same for me with a HUGE savings.

Here is what I ordered:
(In case it does not come though it was 50 test strips for ovulation and 20 for pg at $16.00 and change. It was though 'Devon Medical'.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00269 ... 04_s00_i00

Good luck!
HUGS!
Sara H

PS- The pg tests detected my pg, faintly, by day 12 post ovulation. I saw it there first and then went out and got an expensive one to double check.

August 13th, 2012, 6:31 pm #9

Thanks so much! n/t

Michelle
Michelle

September 5th, 2012, 3:23 am #10

and if you are getting your periods that is the best sign that you have ovarian activity. My suggestion to you is get busy..........catch it while you have the CM - you don't know how long the window of respite might be.........good luck!!!
Thanks so much!! I will defintely keep trying