Positive ovulation test 3 days in a row??

Positive ovulation test 3 days in a row??

Erin
Erin

November 2nd, 2011, 8:46 pm #1

Hi Guys,
I have a high FSH (highest of 18) and have been through 2 failed IVF attempts, the last of which was last month. While I'm awaiting consults with Drs. Davis, Check and Tortoriello (overkill, I know...) DH and I decided to try naturally this month, even though my tubes are probably blocked (it's never been confirmed by HSG) and I have a poor chance anyway due to my high FSH. I decided to start testing for ovulation on a urine stick 3 days ago (on CD11) and every day that I've tested, the strip has been a clear positive (CDs 11/12/13). I've also had fertile symptoms all 3 days (fertile CM, "fullness" feeling in my pelvis). I wish I was taking BBT but I haven't been. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I just weird?
Thanks so much!

Sara H
Sara H

November 2nd, 2011, 11:08 pm #2

I have had two cycles where this happened. Could be that your body is having a bit of an issue ovulating so is pushing the hormones, could be that you tested just as you stated to surge, tested when you surged and tested as you were done surging. And, if your FSH is up, that could be causing a false positive.

But, the other signs are really good so don't worry about it but get to the BD-ing!

And, don't jump to the idea that your tubes are blocked but an HGS might be a great idea and will probably be recommend by the Dr.s.

Good luck!

November 3rd, 2011, 3:19 am #3

Hi Guys,
I have a high FSH (highest of 18) and have been through 2 failed IVF attempts, the last of which was last month. While I'm awaiting consults with Drs. Davis, Check and Tortoriello (overkill, I know...) DH and I decided to try naturally this month, even though my tubes are probably blocked (it's never been confirmed by HSG) and I have a poor chance anyway due to my high FSH. I decided to start testing for ovulation on a urine stick 3 days ago (on CD11) and every day that I've tested, the strip has been a clear positive (CDs 11/12/13). I've also had fertile symptoms all 3 days (fertile CM, "fullness" feeling in my pelvis). I wish I was taking BBT but I haven't been. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I just weird?
Thanks so much!
Like Sara H. said, it can happen. I have experienced this before too. My acu said it could be a number of things...like Sara said, it could depend on the surge and when you're catching it, could be the type of OPKs you're using, or it could be the FSH. If there are other signs of ovulation during the time, then that is key, so monitor the other stuff too. Good luck!

Laura
Laura

November 3rd, 2011, 7:40 pm #4

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much!
It happens. My RE says not to read too much into LH strips, but then again this month I watched the line get darker and darker every day until a positive test, then lighter and lighter for a few days after, so I think they're a good indicator. But they don't tell you the whole story, so Fertile CM shows that other hormones are in balance. Have a fun filled few days!!

NancyMN
NancyMN

November 3rd, 2011, 10:06 pm #5

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much!
I always ask the dr. about it, and they have never given me a good explanation. The most I have ever gotten was 8 in a row. I had ovulation every time too...

Erin
Erin

November 4th, 2011, 12:09 am #6

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much!
Thanks for your help and experience. It was actually positive again this late morning/early afternoon, but the CM is definitely turning less fertile, so I'm really hoping for a nice negative tomorrow. Funny to be hoping for a NEGATIVE test strip! I honestly don't understand how a high FSH can affect a ovulation test that detects LH. I read about a few people that had pos ovulation tests when they were pg (b/c I guess hcg is structurally similar to LH) so against my better judgement I took a HPT this afternoon (since we BD on CD5, I thought maybe I ovulated REALLY early) but of course, it was neg. Seeing that neg never really loses it's sting. I've never had a pos one and I wonder if I'm capable... In any case, thanks for the help!