Please help - substitute for estinyl? bw/us in DEN?

Please help - substitute for estinyl? bw/us in DEN?

Gi8
Gi8

April 9th, 2011, 6:36 pm #1

Sorry to be so dramatic - this last week has been crazy busy and it won't end until next Sunday!

I need your help/advice:

I'm on CD15 and I just realized I took my last estinyl pill (am supposed to keep taking it daily until us/bw next week) AND the nurse told me to come back in for bw/us Monday, but I will be traveling in Denver through Wednesday.

1st: Do you think it's ok to wait until Wednesday to go in for bw/us? I'm not sure I have a choice, unless I can find a place to do it in Denver.

2nd: Apparently the only place you can get estinyl is through the pharmacy next to Check's office in Marlton. I called the "emergency" number there and the guy said to call the Doctor and ask him if there's anything else I can take in its place or, if there isn't, what will happen if I just go off the estinyl until I can get it from the pharmacy on Tuesday. I wish it were that easy to call Check!

Can anyone help me on this one?!

Gi8

April 9th, 2011, 7:05 pm #2

It will show up in your b/w though......so you would have to go off estrace and back on estinyl before b/w would be accurate. Is there a compounding pharmacy where you are or will there be one in Denver? Maybe they could do it for you?

xoxo, Tracy

Tanya
Tanya

April 9th, 2011, 8:25 pm #3

Sorry to be so dramatic - this last week has been crazy busy and it won't end until next Sunday!

I need your help/advice:

I'm on CD15 and I just realized I took my last estinyl pill (am supposed to keep taking it daily until us/bw next week) AND the nurse told me to come back in for bw/us Monday, but I will be traveling in Denver through Wednesday.

1st: Do you think it's ok to wait until Wednesday to go in for bw/us? I'm not sure I have a choice, unless I can find a place to do it in Denver.

2nd: Apparently the only place you can get estinyl is through the pharmacy next to Check's office in Marlton. I called the "emergency" number there and the guy said to call the Doctor and ask him if there's anything else I can take in its place or, if there isn't, what will happen if I just go off the estinyl until I can get it from the pharmacy on Tuesday. I wish it were that easy to call Check!

Gi8
Estyinl is for before ovulation and Estrace is after. When do u leave for Denver ?
Not to scare you but I have read that's it's bad to stop estyinl cold turkey. I could lend u some but not sure if u would get it in time

Tanya
Tanya

April 9th, 2011, 8:26 pm #4

I need your help/advice:

Gi8
If u haven't already. Try the option for the front desk maybe they can help

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

April 9th, 2011, 10:36 pm #5

I need your help/advice:

Gi8
I've never used estinyl and have no idea what it even looks like. Is it a compounded medication? If so then I'd suggest looking for a compounding pharmacy and asking them. Although compounding pharmacies are not a dime a dozen either.

Unfortunately, with it being a Saturday, no one is going to be able to overnight this to you until Monday for Tuesday so hopefully you can get lucky with a local place...and that's assuming you have an Rx in hand.

Also, for medications you don't have to speak to Dr. Check. You speak with the nurses. Tanya already provided that info in another post. BUT, if you're calling Cooper and they are closed you could call the Cooper emergency number and ask for a callback. Just be prepared that you could get a verbal lashing for having allowed your meds to run out. I've never gotten any verbal lashings but I have seen posts on here in the past about REs not being happy about emergency calls like this. GOOD LUCK.

And I'd try my hardest to find a place in Denver for b/w and u/s on Monday, especially if you're not going to be on the estinyl.

Cee
Cee

April 9th, 2011, 11:36 pm #6

I need your help/advice:

Gi8
But I just wanted to say good luck and I hope you are able to get your estinyl and find a place! Keep us posted!

Gi8
Gi8

April 10th, 2011, 5:45 am #7

I need your help/advice:

Gi8
I can get the rx filled there so at least I'll only miss one day. I will call Cooper on Monday to let them know either way and how to proceed. Thanks for all the good advice and well-wishes. I would definitely like to avoid any lashing from the Cooper nurses, especially since it's my oversight that put me in this position. Again, really appreciate your time and advice! Gi8

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 10th, 2011, 1:23 pm #8

I need your help/advice:

Gi8
No idea if they will do it, but you can ask and they might also have an idea about pharmacies.