Ovulate in the morning or night? Any way to know?

Ovulate in the morning or night? Any way to know?

Sara H.
Sara H.

April 9th, 2011, 1:35 pm #1

I have been having, for me, an odd cycle, as most of you know. Positive OPK on cycle day 12 but BBT temps stayed below the cover for over a week, very odd for me. We kept BDing but stopped due to travel. Then had great CM on day 18. BD that night and had temps jump up the next day. According to my chart I O'd that day, on the 18th cycle day, so we BD the night I O'd.

So here is the question:

Does anyone know if there is any way to know if you have O'd in the morning or night? I don't really remember O pains since I had been having them all week and had mentally given up on this cycle. There is no way there were swimmers waiting for the egg due to timing, so, should I hold out any hope of success?
(Not that I have been successful any other cycle, but, oddly, this cycle ends on my birthday and somehow feels special... yeah, eternally optimistic even to my own detriment.) Or, am I clear for a beer on my B'day?

Thank you, Ladies
Sara H.

Cee
Cee

April 9th, 2011, 2:14 pm #2

I don't know if there's anyway to know exactly when you O unless you're getting monitored; however, that being said, I think when you're charting that the jump between temps from the O day to the next day show that O'ing occurs between that time. So maybe mid-day you O'd? Or that night? It's hard to say but it sounds like you did what you were supposed to do anyway! Even if the swimmers weren't waiting it sounds like they could very well get it done this cycle. Fingers crossed for you! Hoping you get a BFP for your birthday!!!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 9th, 2011, 3:31 pm #3

I have been having, for me, an odd cycle, as most of you know. Positive OPK on cycle day 12 but BBT temps stayed below the cover for over a week, very odd for me. We kept BDing but stopped due to travel. Then had great CM on day 18. BD that night and had temps jump up the next day. According to my chart I O'd that day, on the 18th cycle day, so we BD the night I O'd.

So here is the question:

Does anyone know if there is any way to know if you have O'd in the morning or night? I don't really remember O pains since I had been having them all week and had mentally given up on this cycle. There is no way there were swimmers waiting for the egg due to timing, so, should I hold out any hope of success?
(Not that I have been successful any other cycle, but, oddly, this cycle ends on my birthday and somehow feels special... yeah, eternally optimistic even to my own detriment.) Or, am I clear for a beer on my B'day?

Thank you, Ladies
Sara H.
I wouldn't give up on the cycle just because there were no swimmers waiting. When I look back at my charts for non ART cycles, the two times that I have gotten pregnant, I BD'd on the day I O'd. All of the other cycles...pretty much the days before only with maybe one exception...so..get busy!! .

Sara H.
Sara H.

April 9th, 2011, 3:42 pm #4

Well, the "busy" is done, that was 7 days ago! So, at this point it's just fun and games as far as BD and, personally, ever since my IVF round where they said "NO FUN AND GAMES" after they put the embie back just to be safe, I get nervous about BD after ovulation. Then again, that was not successful, so maybe we should!

Well, finger's crossed for this cycle. I did have a negative OPK the day I seemed to have O'd, but I did not test the day before. And, "fertility friend" is giving me the dotted line for ovulation, not the totally confident full line. Still, I'll hold out hope. 'Cause I'm like that.

Now, I'm off to be happy that my boobs hurt.
What a weird world we live in, when try to conceive!

Thank you, Ladies, for any advice!

Sara H.

bigboy
bigboy

July 8th, 2011, 1:59 pm #5

So here is the question:

Thank you, Ladies
Sara H.
well i personally drink 'til it's pink ; ). not that im a huge drinker but i drink every time in the 2ww. i dont think it has an affect at all.

but i think it's hard to tell if it is morning or night. although i think this past time i O'd in the morning bc i felt like i wanted to throw up all morning and i had the + OPK the day prior. then sure enough, the day after the nausea i had the the temp spike.

with my chemical pg cycle this past month, i know i ovulated in the wee hours of the morning...i took the shot at 12:30 PM on a sunday and they say you ovulate 36 hours or so after the shot. so that would put me at about 12:30 AM on monday morning. and sure enough, the temp monday morning was "elevated" - definitely on it's way up, but not the true spike. i think it was like 97.75 or something, and usually anything above 97.7 for me means O, but it's usually much higher than 97.75, which told me that ovulation probably had just happened....so i knew that the O probably happened several hours prior to my temp. i dont know if that makes sense.

there are cycles though where i have no clue. sometimes i can figure it out, sometimes i cant...wanna share charts? : )