Ok, one more update, sorry..

Ok, one more update, sorry..

jmassage
jmassage

February 27th, 2012, 7:44 pm #1

Called insurance company. They will cover the immune testing at another clinic and it doesn't even come out of our fertility plan!! I really like my current RE and all the staff at my clinic now and would really prefer doing any further IVF', DE with them...plus we just cant afford to stay out of town for 1 to 2 weeks to do IVF with SIRM. Unfortunetely I do have to be a patient with SIRM though...but the woman said when I go in for consult they can do bloodwork the same day. So..why can't I just work with SIRM and get the proper testing done/treatment if there is an issue, but continue with CNY for IVF etc.?? I mean I guess it's a bit sneaky but our Insurance will cover us to work with 2 clinics.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 27th, 2012, 8:10 pm #2

Hey, are you sure CNY will not both run these tests and treat you? I have investigated CNY and Dr. Kiltz seemed well versed on immune treatments and prescribes intralipids and steroids and such among other things. Maybe they will be able to treat you.

As for going to SIRM just for the consult and testing...that's a judgment call for you to make. You might be pleasantly surprised and find out that CNY at least has some experience with immune issues.

jmassage
jmassage

February 27th, 2012, 8:38 pm #3

Yes, I know they will be willing to run all tests. I did meet with Dr. Kiltz at my initial consult, but it's Dr. Grossman we have been working with with the fsh. They do a RPL panel and will run any other tests I want. I guess I was just under the assumption from members on this board and others, that unless they are RI's they won't be able to interpret results.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 27th, 2012, 9:02 pm #4

I don't think any of the Dr's at SIRM are RI's either but immune treatment is their bread and butter. You want someone that understands and knows how to treat immune issues.

I think that since CNY treats immune issues, you should be okay. I know that they keep relatively current on these issues but keep a watchful eye as I think they've only been treating this issue for a few years.

jmassage
jmassage

February 27th, 2012, 9:29 pm #5

Thank you for your help. I just got the book"Is your body baby friendly" by Alan Beer today. I have some time to read it before appt next week and I'm hoping the book will give me a list of tests to get

minka
minka

February 27th, 2012, 10:23 pm #6

I am getting ready for my initial consult at CNY and I also suspect immune issues myself... I also just got my book "Is your body baby-friendly" by Dr Beer and hope to get some reading in before my consult!

jmassage
jmassage

February 27th, 2012, 10:45 pm #7

Where are you located?? I'm in Delmar. I started the book tonight and so far I love it. CNY has been wonderful this far. They are very kind and compassionate and I have always felt in good hands when being monitored there. I am hoping they can do all the immune testing. My DH and I both cried when we met Dr. Kiltz the first time. We were at such a low point when we saw him and he really understood. Are you going to the Latham office?? From what I hear this is the better one..

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 28th, 2012, 1:20 am #8

Thank you for your help. I just got the book"Is your body baby friendly" by Alan Beer today. I have some time to read it before appt next week and I'm hoping the book will give me a list of tests to get
It's really good that you are reading Dr. Beer's book. It's a little difficult to get through, and you have to read some parts over and over again, but it gives you a great framework. Keep in mind that this book was written before Dr. beers died so it does not speak to some of the latest treatments such as intralipids. You can go to the Beeers website and find a list of immune tests:

http://www.repro-med.net/repro-med-site ... &Itemid=12

In addition, many do DQ-Alpha testing and have their HLA matches tested. Both you and your DH/partner need to be tested for these.

minka
minka

February 28th, 2012, 6:27 pm #9

Where are you located?? I'm in Delmar. I started the book tonight and so far I love it. CNY has been wonderful this far. They are very kind and compassionate and I have always felt in good hands when being monitored there. I am hoping they can do all the immune testing. My DH and I both cried when we met Dr. Kiltz the first time. We were at such a low point when we saw him and he really understood. Are you going to the Latham office?? From what I hear this is the better one..
I am in the Twin Cities, so I will be doing local monitoring and then fly to NY for the ER & Xfer. I don't know who my Dr. is yet or which location. It looks like flights to Rochester are the best option for us so that is my preference, but I will go to either location. I am so glad you like CNY and Dr. Kiltz! I get a good "vibe" from the things I have read on their website and the people I have talked to so far. I haven't checked out "Rob TV" yet, I guess he posts them on YouTube

I haven't started the book yet, hopefully tonight! It seems really interesting.

minka
minka

February 28th, 2012, 6:28 pm #10

It's really good that you are reading Dr. Beer's book. It's a little difficult to get through, and you have to read some parts over and over again, but it gives you a great framework. Keep in mind that this book was written before Dr. beers died so it does not speak to some of the latest treatments such as intralipids. You can go to the Beeers website and find a list of immune tests:

http://www.repro-med.net/repro-med-site ... &Itemid=12

In addition, many do DQ-Alpha testing and have their HLA matches tested. Both you and your DH/partner need to be tested for these.
This is really helpful info!