Now would be a really good time for the moderator to show up.....

Now would be a really good time for the moderator to show up.....

Sara Q
Sara Q

July 17th, 2012, 1:43 am #1

....what a damn mess! These robo-adds really interfere with the functioning of the board....sheesh! Is there anything at all we can do without an active moderator? Contact Network 54??

Sara H
Sara H

July 17th, 2012, 2:05 am #2

You mean Zackary, Cassius, Dominick, Guy, Elwyn, Raynard, Gideon, Oscar and Collin are NOT regular members on this board who offer their help and advice from having been though what we have? They are NOT ladies who know the issues we face are are trying to help? WHHHAAATTT?

Oh, sorry, pick up your feet, Girls, that was dripping sarcasm!

I mean, one is named Guy... GUY! On a "High FSH" board! For real?

Seriously now:

The moderator has piped in and cleared out a few of these, I hope she does again. My guess is that she will only clear things like this and has no interest in editing any other posts.

But, clearing these is so appreciated!

Hopefully she'll pop in again but all attempts to contact her, as I understand it, have not been successful.
Good luck!

Sara H

July 17th, 2012, 2:49 pm #3

....what a damn mess! These robo-adds really interfere with the functioning of the board....sheesh! Is there anything at all we can do without an active moderator? Contact Network 54??
about considering the board abandoned so that someone could handle issues that come up. They never responded. LOL. Perusing their support forums showed that they had their own issues going on at that time.

Anyway, they won't consider this board abandoned and therefore transfer ownership to someone else until the owners account is not accessed for a least 6 months. She does do that by virtue of paying the dues for the board every 6 months. I'm always amazed that she pays for this board OOP but never participates anymore. And she's been doing that since I first started here in mid 2006 save for one instance where someone on the board paid the dues when the ads popped up again and stayed around for a few days. I recall she posted once or twice with a brief this is my story/would anyone like to mod the board and nothing really came of it.

Even setting the board to have threads with new posts in them to bump to the top would push the spam threads away. But that set up isn't common for some reason, at least in this small grouping of boards here.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

July 18th, 2012, 1:56 am #4

and the only reason I know is that not too long ago I googled for info on a med and guess what? One of the first links that came up was for one of these robo ads on a Network 54 board - I forget the board topic but it was nothing related to IF at all). That's when I noticed that the ads are rampant across Network 54. Network 54 is the one who needs to address the issue. Although of course it would be nice to have active moderators to clean up every now and then.