Not much hope

Not much hope

Cee
Cee

April 26th, 2011, 1:27 pm #1

I have my b/w tomorrow to see if my IUI worked but I'm not feeling too great about it. I have been having cramps off and on for the last couple of days and just feel like I could start at any time. I've yet to POAS but was wondering if I did, would Check still require the b/w?

I called them this morning and asked them to call in a prescription for estinyl. They had told me to stop taking the estradiol if I'm not pregnant and switch to estinyl so I want to make sure I have that.

Yesterday was kind of a bad day. My co-worker's sister is pregnant and I went with my co-worker to get a baby gift. I've never really had a problem around other people and their babies and I don't begrudge anyone that's pregnant or gets pregnant easily (I'm definitely jealous though). But I'm having a hard time with my co-worker's sister because I've met her before and she's just trash. I'm sorry for talking that way but she is. And her husband is verbally abusive to her and doesn't treat her with any respect. And yet this is their 3rd child. Why is that fair?!?

Sorry for the rambling, I'm just down in the dumps.

maureen
maureen

April 26th, 2011, 1:43 pm #2

Hi Cee,

I know the dread of getting the beta, but you never know. When I did my first ivf, I knew without a doubt that it was going to be negative, and I felt the cramping and felling of AF coming on. I cried and cried. Then I called a friend and cried more. Turns out the beta was postive.

What I didn't know is that pg feels the same way as AF coming on. Evil, isn't it? So, don't count yourself out yet. And, yes, Check trusts betas over POAS.

It's good that you are planning for the next cycle, but it's not over until the fat lady sings. Crossing my fingers for you.

Maureen

Sara H
Sara H

April 26th, 2011, 1:47 pm #3

I have my b/w tomorrow to see if my IUI worked but I'm not feeling too great about it. I have been having cramps off and on for the last couple of days and just feel like I could start at any time. I've yet to POAS but was wondering if I did, would Check still require the b/w?

I called them this morning and asked them to call in a prescription for estinyl. They had told me to stop taking the estradiol if I'm not pregnant and switch to estinyl so I want to make sure I have that.

Yesterday was kind of a bad day. My co-worker's sister is pregnant and I went with my co-worker to get a baby gift. I've never really had a problem around other people and their babies and I don't begrudge anyone that's pregnant or gets pregnant easily (I'm definitely jealous though). But I'm having a hard time with my co-worker's sister because I've met her before and she's just trash. I'm sorry for talking that way but she is. And her husband is verbally abusive to her and doesn't treat her with any respect. And yet this is their 3rd child. Why is that fair?!?

If you are feeling that way maybe it is better to POAS if it will put your heart at ease. Or, if you feel sure, you could call and delay your beta to see if AF arrives early.

Not to be all ra-ra cheer-lead-y but until AF really arrives you never know so I am holding out hope for you.

Either way hang on and I am totally with you on supporting others but not wanting it shoved in your face. That is totally natural, no worries! I am the same, every once in a while it's just too much, though most times I am nothing but thrilled for friends, you know? It is weird the ones that get me, like you described. You are right, it's not the friend who are so excited, it the lady in Wal-Mart with ten kids who is passing a baby to the oldest and saying "You take this". I want to step in and say, "I'll take THAT, happily!"

(Recently I had a friend who has a baby and knows about my stuff write me, out if the blue, and say "I know you can't have kids but here is information about "Mommy and Me" in your area so you can give it to all your friends who do. (My baby) loves it and we have such a great time there bonding!" Yeah, thanks. Grrrr. that one got me!)

Big hugs to you and, though you are probably right, fingers still crossed, OK?
Sara H

Gi8
Gi8

April 26th, 2011, 2:56 pm #4

Been feeling the same way the last couple of days. Down. I did POAS yesterday and it was BFN. Now I have all week - until Friday's beta to be down about it.

One thing that I found helpful last time - thanks to Mrs. A's urging - was to make an appointment to speak with Check personally the day I got my BFN to come up with a plan of action with him.

I hope I'm not bringing you down even more. I just totally understand right now on a very heart level. Praying for you.

Gi8

Cee
Cee

April 26th, 2011, 3:05 pm #5

Gi8 - did you make the appt with Check for the day of your beta or did you just call on the day of your beta to schedule the appt? Just wondering because 1., I thought Check didn't do phone consults, and 2., I would think it would take a couple weeks before I would get to speak with him.

If you would let me know that would be great!

maureen
maureen

April 26th, 2011, 3:23 pm #6

If you get a bfp then you can cancel, but it's always good for me to have my next steps planned out.

At least planning can be a small disctraction during the wait.

Maureen

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

April 26th, 2011, 3:51 pm #7

Gi8 - did you make the appt with Check for the day of your beta or did you just call on the day of your beta to schedule the appt? Just wondering because 1., I thought Check didn't do phone consults, and 2., I would think it would take a couple weeks before I would get to speak with him.

If you would let me know that would be great!
the day you start your cycle monitoring and are a go for the cycle, call in to make a phone consult appt. with Check for the day of beta.

Check absolutely does phone consults. He just doesn't do them for initial consultations.

It is highly unlikely to be able to secure a same day phone consult with Check. You'd get lucky if there happened to be a cancellation but that's not likely.

Also, Check may be backed up these days with phone consult availability because he was off with the Passover holidays.

Call them a.s.a.p. to secure the phone consult and be prepared to be "on call" yourself the day of the consult. He treats his phone consults like in-person consults in terms of time...he'll stay on the phone with you an hour if that's what it takes. So while your appt. time may be set for 9pm - you could end up having your phone ring at midnight.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

April 26th, 2011, 3:59 pm #8

On my first Cooper IVF I went in at 10DPO for a b/w check because I was certain I was not pregnant. I had all my pre-AF symptoms, down to this weird pain I get on the wall of my vaginal canal.

I didn't do a beta check at that 10DPO b/w monitoring. I had my beta check 14DPO. And I was BFP. It ended in chemical but I was BFP nevertheless.

So you really really really never know. Like Maureen said - the f-ed up part is that a BFP can really feel JUST LIKE an AF.

I hope you get a wonderful surprise!!

JulesM
JulesM

April 26th, 2011, 5:38 pm #9

Haha... so easy to tell other people even when you feel hopeless at times yourself, right? BUT... those symptoms are GOOD symptoms, believe me. It's not over til it's over!
As for your co-workers sister.... yes, I have been there too. It's exhausting to think about what we do to just TRY to achieve what other have sooo easy.
Anyway, I pray you get a happy little surprise tomorrow!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 26th, 2011, 9:22 pm #10

Cramping may be a GOOD sign!! In any case...HCG shows in the blood first, so you could be pregnant and have a negative urine test. In any case...GL!!