No Temp Shift After IUI/Ovidrel Trigger?

No Temp Shift After IUI/Ovidrel Trigger?

NancyMN
NancyMN

October 25th, 2011, 11:12 pm #1

Hello! I am new to this board! Theres been lots of good info posted here, so I am hoping someone might be to offer insight to my questionI had my first IUI on Sunday with 2 follicles (19mm and 17mm) after FS for 5 days (my FSH readings have been 15.7, 12.3, and 10.9 over last 3-4 months). I did the ovidrel trigger on Friday night and E2 was about 350-375 (I cant remember what they told me but it was okay according to what they said). Since Sunday was ovulation day, I was surprised to wake up yesterday and today (Tuesday) and see that my temperature hadnt risen much. I am in MN, the seasons are changing and I know the climate has affected my temps before, but not this much. Does this seem normal? Anyone else experience this? I always see a temp rise the day after ovulation, although last cycle it happened 2 days after (first time ever).

Also, does anyone know why they trigger when follicles are 18+ with FS vs. Clomid at 22-24mm? Why do they let them get bigger when you take clomid? I know they keep growing after you do the trigger, but even still they wont be as big by IUI time as when you start the trigger with clomid.

Thanks for any insight!

Sara H
Sara H

October 25th, 2011, 11:36 pm #2

OK,

One)
It's fine. As long as it is going up a bit. Temps can be iffy. Do they have you on extra progesterone? Most of us need extra p help after ovulation. Also, did they do an ultra sound after to confirm ovulation? For me a regular trigger does not always work so I do a different trigger. If it does not keep going up and get above your cover line as for progesterone support. It's not too expensive and can make all the difference!

Two)
I bet it has to do with your LH numbers. If it looks like you are ready to surge they will help you out with a trigger, if not they might let them grow a bit and see if you surge on your own. (This is a guess, though!)

Good luck and two sounds wonderful!
Finger's crossed!
Sara H

Sara H
Sara H

October 25th, 2011, 11:39 pm #3

here is the welcome post so you have that! your number seem good, hopefully you will only be here a short time!

Hello!

I was 'new' here last September and put together some hints, beyond the guild lines listed on the main page, that I think are helpful! Probably stuff you know but I hope it helps!

Welcome!
Sara H.

1) Use the "Search" on this site when you have a question (remember to push "date" so they are in order, recent to last, since you can sometimes get answers from 10 years ago!) Often I have my questions answered right there with no need to post!

2) We use a LOT of acronyms here that are hard to get your head around sometimes if you are new to it! Here are 2 sources: ( I have them book marked on my computer and I still use when I have questions!

http://www.ivfconnections.com/forums/co ... 2781df2f22

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/acronyms.

3) You will notice in some posts that people are very careful to say in the message title when things involving children and pregnancy are mentioned. So, if at some point you are mentioning pregnancy (hopefully someday yours!) or whatever just put your topic and (PG mentioned) in the title, if you have a child and mention that please put (Child mentioned) so if someone is having a bad day and knows they just can't read about it today they are forewarned! Other "disclaimers" include (DE Mentioned) for donor egg, (Adopt Mentioned) for adoption, (M/C Mentioned) for miscarriage or (TMI!) when something is graphic or very very personal! Basically, anything that someone might rather be warned about before reading. Although we all share one thing in common, we all come from varied backgrounds so we try to be sensitive to that as much as possible.

4) We tend to be a more fact-based board. Sometimes it's not all rainbows and hopeful news. We are totally supportive but also more factual/scientific than a lot of other boards. But, there is a LOT of knowledge here that can be so very helpful! Just remember, we are only speaking from our own experience and not giving medical advice. You know the old adage: You get what you paid for! Each person is very different, what works for one may well not, work for another, but it can be very helpful to get you on the right track.

5) When you need inspiration go peek at the "Pregnant...." board! You can cruise over to check on "friends" who have made it there or when you are feeling down... it's rather joyful to see ladies who have found success!

Good luck!

NancyMN
NancyMN

October 26th, 2011, 12:01 am #4

OK,

One)
It's fine. As long as it is going up a bit. Temps can be iffy. Do they have you on extra progesterone? Most of us need extra p help after ovulation. Also, did they do an ultra sound after to confirm ovulation? For me a regular trigger does not always work so I do a different trigger. If it does not keep going up and get above your cover line as for progesterone support. It's not too expensive and can make all the difference!

Two)
I bet it has to do with your LH numbers. If it looks like you are ready to surge they will help you out with a trigger, if not they might let them grow a bit and see if you surge on your own. (This is a guess, though!)

Good luck and two sounds wonderful!
Finger's crossed!
Sara H
Thanks for the info and support. This board is great and contains a wealth of information. It's all very confusing when you are first told about FSH. I was initially told there was no hope, but thanks to boards like this and the internet in general I know that this is not necessarily true and there is hope!

1) Yes, I have progesterone support, although before I was doing 400Mg supps 1X/day with my regular OBGYN (prior to pursuing diagnosis/treatment), and now I have 50MG 2X/day. I just started them yesterday (first time-and I don't like them much ). When I did the 400MG, I noticed a shift right away.

I too was wondering if I really ovulated, but they didn't do an u/s to confirm. That said, I did have a shift that was slightly noticeable, just not as much as I would normally see. CM has dried up though...

2) They never tested LH, only E2 and monitored follicle size...the IUI was also on Day 10, which seemed like borderline too soon, but this is all new to me so I wasn't sure. They kept telling me it was okay.

the other "strange" thing, is they said they didn't care what my Day 3 FSH was this cycle, only the E2, and since E2 was in a good range this cycle (50), everything was great. I thought they based your FS dose on your FSH, but they said they only base it on your HIGHEST FSH reading. ???

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it!

October 26th, 2011, 12:54 am #5

Hello! I am new to this board! Theres been lots of good info posted here, so I am hoping someone might be to offer insight to my questionI had my first IUI on Sunday with 2 follicles (19mm and 17mm) after FS for 5 days (my FSH readings have been 15.7, 12.3, and 10.9 over last 3-4 months). I did the ovidrel trigger on Friday night and E2 was about 350-375 (I cant remember what they told me but it was okay according to what they said). Since Sunday was ovulation day, I was surprised to wake up yesterday and today (Tuesday) and see that my temperature hadnt risen much. I am in MN, the seasons are changing and I know the climate has affected my temps before, but not this much. Does this seem normal? Anyone else experience this? I always see a temp rise the day after ovulation, although last cycle it happened 2 days after (first time ever).

Also, does anyone know why they trigger when follicles are 18+ with FS vs. Clomid at 22-24mm? Why do they let them get bigger when you take clomid? I know they keep growing after you do the trigger, but even still they wont be as big by IUI time as when you start the trigger with clomid.

Thanks for any insight!
Hi Nancy,
I'm glad to see you!! I'm in Minnesota, too and am going to be meeting with an RE for the first time. I was hoping to run into someone who had some experience with the one's available around here. My OB said she has used the Center for Reproductive Medicine. Do you have any suggestions or know of any pluses or minuses about the RE's located here? I'm also pretty new to the board (just since this September). I had the same feeling initially that "There's no hope," but have gotten a lot of good information and support from the ladies here. I've only had two FSH readings, but they were 11.1 and 12.6. Again, glad to see you

Sara H
Sara H

October 26th, 2011, 1:05 am #6

Thanks for the info and support. This board is great and contains a wealth of information. It's all very confusing when you are first told about FSH. I was initially told there was no hope, but thanks to boards like this and the internet in general I know that this is not necessarily true and there is hope!

1) Yes, I have progesterone support, although before I was doing 400Mg supps 1X/day with my regular OBGYN (prior to pursuing diagnosis/treatment), and now I have 50MG 2X/day. I just started them yesterday (first time-and I don't like them much ). When I did the 400MG, I noticed a shift right away.

I too was wondering if I really ovulated, but they didn't do an u/s to confirm. That said, I did have a shift that was slightly noticeable, just not as much as I would normally see. CM has dried up though...

2) They never tested LH, only E2 and monitored follicle size...the IUI was also on Day 10, which seemed like borderline too soon, but this is all new to me so I wasn't sure. They kept telling me it was okay.

the other "strange" thing, is they said they didn't care what my Day 3 FSH was this cycle, only the E2, and since E2 was in a good range this cycle (50), everything was great. I thought they based your FS dose on your FSH, but they said they only base it on your HIGHEST FSH reading. ???

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it!
Some Dr. are totally "As bad as your highest FSH," but most high FSH friendly Dr.s are not.

As for not running your other blood work I am confused by this unless you are self pay and they are trying to save yo money?

That is a HUGE drop in P4 support, I am surprised. Did you have really great P4 numbers last month?

Keep watching the temps but don't put too much into it, it is subjective, as you mentioned, to so may shifts in weather and health... it's just a guide.

You had two good follicles, just keep your fingers crossed for those!

So, you have now started with an RE? The new orders are from them?

Good luck!
Sara H

Sara H
Sara H

October 26th, 2011, 1:13 am #7

Hi Nancy,
I'm glad to see you!! I'm in Minnesota, too and am going to be meeting with an RE for the first time. I was hoping to run into someone who had some experience with the one's available around here. My OB said she has used the Center for Reproductive Medicine. Do you have any suggestions or know of any pluses or minuses about the RE's located here? I'm also pretty new to the board (just since this September). I had the same feeling initially that "There's no hope," but have gotten a lot of good information and support from the ladies here. I've only had two FSH readings, but they were 11.1 and 12.6. Again, glad to see you
Heheeh!

By the way, Jen? I mean this with all love and support and kindness:

Whoever told you that a FSH of 11-12 means "No Hope" is full of crap.

Sorry, but true.

Now, if there is other stuff going on that is another issue, I don't mean that, but JUST an FSH of 11 or 12 is not hopeless!

Hang in there, there is hope!

October 26th, 2011, 10:48 am #8

It was the FSH combined with AMH of .23 and "low normal estradiol" of 33. My OB didn't say, "There's no hope!" but the OB's aura of doom and gloom (she was friendly, but not encouraging) and a number of pieces of information on the internet that kept repeating "very low chances of conception" that had me in a tailspin. The OB never stated things in the frame of, "Well this is low, but you can do..." She was very deadpan and just gave a "This number is low, and this number is low, you may have a response to this but you may not..." and essentially told me I have about three options, two of which I may not respond to. This board is the only thing that actually showed me there is hope (and from people who know.) Family and friends are encouraging, but it was really hearing from all of you that, as you said, my numbers are definitely not the end of the world. I had noted on one post, that after talking with you all, I was hoping people weren't thinking, "What does she have to complain/worry about?!" I really didn't have any positive info. until coming here.

Sara H
Sara H

October 26th, 2011, 2:58 pm #9

""What does she have to complain/worry about?!" I really didn't have any positive info. until coming here. "

Never worry about that, OK? Everyone is different, every story is different! If someone looked up my numbers from the last few posts they would wonder what the heck I was doing here, my numbers are about perfect...NOW! But a few months ago? Or adding on the fact I have never had a BFP and we've been trying for a few years?

Each person on this path doesn't want to be here. Each one was effected differently. All of us are from different background and cultures and this hits us differently. Personally, I am lucky, there is a long history of adoption in our family, so I have support with that. Others don't.

Any kind of medical effects us differently. It is personal to each person. For whatever the reason you would like to be PG and are not. So, we are on the same path, you have every right to complain with the rest of us!

I think I can speak for many of us when I say we would not think that about anyone, no worries!

Hugs!
Sara H

NancyMN
NancyMN

October 26th, 2011, 3:46 pm #10

Some Dr. are totally "As bad as your highest FSH," but most high FSH friendly Dr.s are not.

As for not running your other blood work I am confused by this unless you are self pay and they are trying to save yo money?

That is a HUGE drop in P4 support, I am surprised. Did you have really great P4 numbers last month?

Keep watching the temps but don't put too much into it, it is subjective, as you mentioned, to so may shifts in weather and health... it's just a guide.

You had two good follicles, just keep your fingers crossed for those!

So, you have now started with an RE? The new orders are from them?

Good luck!
Sara H
I should mention that the RE I am seeing never said you are as good as your highest FSH. She has so far been extremely positive and told me not to worry to much. It was the nurse who said this! So when she said that I was thinking Yeah but my doctor didnt say that so there you see even a difference in opinion at the same clinic. I dont know why/how that happens!

I dont know why they didnt do the u/s or the LH, my only guess is that they are trying to save me moneyI have a set benefit and they seem to be genuinely concerned not to use it up unless I really need something. I was going to ask them about it but there are so many things to remember to ask, I try to put them down on paper and I still forget some things

Yes, the new orders are from the RE (and this is my first round of treatment). I just got the diagnosis in May. While I was trying to figure out what to do (because at first I was told NO HOPE), I did A/C, herbs, natural stuff to prep me for treatment. So during this time, my regular OB/Gyn had already given me back in January the P4 at 400mg (before I knew I had elevated FSH). When I asked the RE nurse about it, she basically said it was just a difference in the manufacturer and not to worry about the dose. As for the months I used the P4, the temps were usually good, last month I didnt use it because we took a month off.

My temp finally went up today! What you said about the ovidrel not working for you has me wondering if I ovulated yesterdayI am going to ask them more about this. I did "feel" ovulation on Sunday, but I also did Monday/Tuesday. Thanks!