New here, just wanted to introduce myslelf

New here, just wanted to introduce myslelf

March 19th, 2011, 8:36 pm #1

Hello ladies! I am so happy to have found this group! I have been real worried the last few months about my FSH. So far my FSH has been 10.8. I know that is not crazy high, but it still seems high to me. maybe you can help figure this out. I am going to be 29 in April. DH is almost 30. We have been TTC for almost 3 years. I have had 3 IUI's so far and have been diagnosed as unexplained, but I think the problem is my high FSH. IUI #2 was my first BFP, but it ended in an early m/c. I am now doing IUI #4 on all injectables. 300ui Follistim in the am and 300 ui Bravelle in the pm. My antral follicle counts are around 8. I meantioned IVF to my current RE and he wants to do a laproscopy if this IUI is unsuccessful. He said no IVF yet. I am confused and do not know what is going on with my body. Is 10.8 high FSH? Does all this mean diminshed ovarian reserve? I am just confused. I would really appreciate any help, thoughts and suggestions. Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing from you

Cee
Cee

March 19th, 2011, 8:59 pm #2

I would call your FSH 'elevated' but not high. It's just a number and needs to be considered with other things in order to get the big picture. I assume your husband has been tested and he's fine?

This board is a great resource, I'm so happy I found it and I'm sure you will be as well.

March 19th, 2011, 9:25 pm #3

Hello and thank you! Ok so its not crazy high, I guess thats good. My husband came back as "fertile". His morph was 30% so he is taking soem vitamins that will hopefully help with that. We also both had kaorotyping and that came back normal. I guess that having a Lap. would be a good next step. When I asked my RE about my elevated FSH he said it wasnt anything to worry about, but here we still are. Hopefully the Lap. will give us some answers.
I look forward to reading through the posts on here and learning more about FSH and anything I can really. We are just so ready to have a family and think IVF is our next step later in the summer.
Thanks again

MargieD
MargieD

March 19th, 2011, 11:12 pm #4

Endomentriosis is hard to diagnose - especially when you don't have symptoms. Lots of REs will do lap (people - correct me if I'm wrong) to determine whether that is the case and fix the problem then.

Unexplained fertility stinks... hard to know what to do from here on... (this was my case until one RE thought it was endo...and then he later decided that I had high FSH....geesshhh....I've never had the lap, though...)

Did your RE ever explain why he put you on those injectibles?? Don't be afraid to ask... almost every one of us is on different protocols for different reasons... ask him to explain it in lay man's terms... (or bring it here on the board and we'll help if we can...)... that might clarify a lot of things for you...

Sara H.
Sara H.

March 20th, 2011, 2:55 am #5

Hello ladies! I am so happy to have found this group! I have been real worried the last few months about my FSH. So far my FSH has been 10.8. I know that is not crazy high, but it still seems high to me. maybe you can help figure this out. I am going to be 29 in April. DH is almost 30. We have been TTC for almost 3 years. I have had 3 IUI's so far and have been diagnosed as unexplained, but I think the problem is my high FSH. IUI #2 was my first BFP, but it ended in an early m/c. I am now doing IUI #4 on all injectables. 300ui Follistim in the am and 300 ui Bravelle in the pm. My antral follicle counts are around 8. I meantioned IVF to my current RE and he wants to do a laproscopy if this IUI is unsuccessful. He said no IVF yet. I am confused and do not know what is going on with my body. Is 10.8 high FSH? Does all this mean diminshed ovarian reserve? I am just confused. I would really appreciate any help, thoughts and suggestions. Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing from you
You are very welcome here! I agree with what has been said and, as someone who was also a 'newbie' just six months ago, I would also suggest to things:

1) Use the "Serch" on this site (remember to push "date" so they are in order, recent to last, since you can sometimes get answers from 10 years ago!) Often I have my questions answered right there!

2) We use a LOT of acronyms here that are hard to get your head around sometimes! I have trouble bringing up the list on this site on my computer so I have this one (below) that I use. I bring it up in a another window and switch back and forth when reading, I find it very helpful!
http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/acronyms.html

3) You will notice in some posts that people are very careful to say in a title when things involving children and pregnancy are mentioned. So, if at some point you are mentioning pregnancy (hopefully someday yours!) or whatever just put your topic and (PG mentioned) in the title, so if someone is having a bad day and knows they just can't read about it today they are forewarned!

4) When you need inspiration go peek at the "Pregant...." board! Personally, I don't post there unless it's really important since I am not there yet but I do cruise over to check on "friends" who have made it there or when I am feeling down... it's rather joyful to see ladies who have found success!

Welcome and may you find the info you need and be with us a short time!

Sara H.

PS- to me your FSH is not bad... my worst has been 39 and I usually am at about 20's. I have learned from thsi board there is HOPE!

Bethpky
Bethpky

March 20th, 2011, 2:59 am #6

Welcome to the board! I wanted to warn you, and others will probably chime in, about the possible risks of doing the lap. I've read many posts in which women believe the procedure has further diminished their ovarian reserve. Do lots of research before you proceed.

You are YOUNG, so you have one of the most important variables on your side. I'm almost a decade older than you and I'm almost 21 weeks pregnant with an FSH in the 20s, an AFC in the 5-10 range, and a pitiful AMH of 0.3. I never produced more than 2 mature follicles even with fertility drugs.

A lot of this process is finding what works for you. Diminished ovarian reserve DOES NOT mean that all of your eggs are bad; it only means that you may have less eggs and need to be more aggressive about TTC. The fact that you were able to achieve a pregnancy is an excellent sign for future success.

Bottom line - please don't get discouraged, b/c chances are you will find the successful formula!

March 20th, 2011, 3:38 am #7

Endomentriosis is hard to diagnose - especially when you don't have symptoms. Lots of REs will do lap (people - correct me if I'm wrong) to determine whether that is the case and fix the problem then.

Unexplained fertility stinks... hard to know what to do from here on... (this was my case until one RE thought it was endo...and then he later decided that I had high FSH....geesshhh....I've never had the lap, though...)

Did your RE ever explain why he put you on those injectibles?? Don't be afraid to ask... almost every one of us is on different protocols for different reasons... ask him to explain it in lay man's terms... (or bring it here on the board and we'll help if we can...)... that might clarify a lot of things for you...
Hello and thank you for your response. My RE did say that a Lap. is the only way to tell if its endo. So its a posaiblity. I did have a endo biobsy and those results were good. I also had a sonohysteogram, also came back good. I am very grateful for having good tests, but its so frustrating not knowing what is causing our IF. I am think my egg quality must just plain ol suck, I dont know. I do try to keep positive and I have been doing good with that and also keep in good spirits about all of this.

I actally wanted to do injectables. My last 3 protocols were 100 mgs of clomid and 150 ui of Bravelle. IUI #2 was positive, but a chemical/early m/c. I guess this gives me hope. Its the first time we ever concieved. This will be my last IUI and that is the main reason for the injectables. I asked about the high doses and he said "we are pulling out the big guns" and he wants me to have the best chance possible. I am so thankful for my RE because we have no IF coverage and has given me all my Follistim and Bravelle for free. I am praying this IUI will be THE ONE! If not I will do the Lap. and maybe find some answers. Thanks you for your help and time

March 20th, 2011, 3:42 am #8

You are very welcome here! I agree with what has been said and, as someone who was also a 'newbie' just six months ago, I would also suggest to things:

1) Use the "Serch" on this site (remember to push "date" so they are in order, recent to last, since you can sometimes get answers from 10 years ago!) Often I have my questions answered right there!

2) We use a LOT of acronyms here that are hard to get your head around sometimes! I have trouble bringing up the list on this site on my computer so I have this one (below) that I use. I bring it up in a another window and switch back and forth when reading, I find it very helpful!
http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/acronyms.html

3) You will notice in some posts that people are very careful to say in a title when things involving children and pregnancy are mentioned. So, if at some point you are mentioning pregnancy (hopefully someday yours!) or whatever just put your topic and (PG mentioned) in the title, so if someone is having a bad day and knows they just can't read about it today they are forewarned!

4) When you need inspiration go peek at the "Pregant...." board! Personally, I don't post there unless it's really important since I am not there yet but I do cruise over to check on "friends" who have made it there or when I am feeling down... it's rather joyful to see ladies who have found success!

Welcome and may you find the info you need and be with us a short time!

Sara H.

PS- to me your FSH is not bad... my worst has been 39 and I usually am at about 20's. I have learned from thsi board there is HOPE!
Hello, I am so glad I found all of you!!!
Thank you for all the information. I will definately try everything you have suggested. I really hope you get your BFP soon! I am grateful to have such caring people to help me. Thanks again!

March 20th, 2011, 3:52 am #9

Welcome to the board! I wanted to warn you, and others will probably chime in, about the possible risks of doing the lap. I've read many posts in which women believe the procedure has further diminished their ovarian reserve. Do lots of research before you proceed.

You are YOUNG, so you have one of the most important variables on your side. I'm almost a decade older than you and I'm almost 21 weeks pregnant with an FSH in the 20s, an AFC in the 5-10 range, and a pitiful AMH of 0.3. I never produced more than 2 mature follicles even with fertility drugs.

A lot of this process is finding what works for you. Diminished ovarian reserve DOES NOT mean that all of your eggs are bad; it only means that you may have less eggs and need to be more aggressive about TTC. The fact that you were able to achieve a pregnancy is an excellent sign for future success.

Bottom line - please don't get discouraged, b/c chances are you will find the successful formula!
Thank you and Congrats on your pregnancy! How exciting and I bet you journey has been a tough one (most of them are). You have definately given me more hope! You have also given me some great advice. I had NO idea that a Lap. could be dangerous for my eggies, wow. Now I am torn on what to do??? I am praying and hoping that this cycle will be a success and I wont even have to worry about the Lap. I will definately do some research on that and make sure I have a list of questions from my RE. Now my RE told me that my FSH is nothing 2 worry about and he has never said I have diminished ovarian reserve, but that is my best guess so far.

On 100 mgs of Clomid and 150 ui of Bravelle (this was my protocol for my last 3 IUI's) I produced 2 to 4 mature follicles. With my chemical pregnancy I had 3 mature follicles. I just dont understand why IUI isnt working if I have 3 mature follies. i think I Oed late on my last IUI. My RE also has me do a double dose of trigger (ovidrel). He says just to ensure O, but my last cycle I did not O when i was suppose to. I am wondering if I should do both shots or just one. I wonder if it makes a difference. I guess I wonder about alot of things, hehe
Thank you for your help and Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

March 20th, 2011, 10:58 am #10

Hello and thank you for your response. My RE did say that a Lap. is the only way to tell if its endo. So its a posaiblity. I did have a endo biobsy and those results were good. I also had a sonohysteogram, also came back good. I am very grateful for having good tests, but its so frustrating not knowing what is causing our IF. I am think my egg quality must just plain ol suck, I dont know. I do try to keep positive and I have been doing good with that and also keep in good spirits about all of this.

I actally wanted to do injectables. My last 3 protocols were 100 mgs of clomid and 150 ui of Bravelle. IUI #2 was positive, but a chemical/early m/c. I guess this gives me hope. Its the first time we ever concieved. This will be my last IUI and that is the main reason for the injectables. I asked about the high doses and he said "we are pulling out the big guns" and he wants me to have the best chance possible. I am so thankful for my RE because we have no IF coverage and has given me all my Follistim and Bravelle for free. I am praying this IUI will be THE ONE! If not I will do the Lap. and maybe find some answers. Thanks you for your help and time
I had several IUIs before my successful IVF. My last RE suspected that my IVF was successful because it was the only protocol where I was prescribed progesterone. (It is routine with IVF, but not so much with IUIs).

If anything - it wouldn't hurt! The suppositories are about $25 so if you had to pay out of pocket - it's no big deal.

Just a thought....