Need input on low dose inject IVF

Need input on low dose inject IVF

Anon just for this please
Anon just for this please

April 16th, 2012, 3:10 pm #1

Hi,
First, I hope its ok to be anon just for this. I tend to be superstitious in talking about my IVF cycles, so please dont delete this

I was wondering if any of you could give me some insight into low dose injectable IVF cycles. I have done 3 days of stims so far using 100iu of Follistim. I will also be using Ganirelix and Menopur for about 5 days later in the cycle. I have done high dose IVFs before, so obviously this is low dose, but I dont know what to expect.

On CD 2 a few days ago, my AFC was 6 (more or less where its been for a little while) and FSH at 11.7 (down from about 15 a few months ago; maybe thanks to wheatgrass? Who knows!)

Today, CD 5 (no stims in the a.m, only evenings), I have 4 follies. Is this to be expected or should I have expected more? I know, I should be patient and wait for the callback from the nurse later with REs instructions, but Im impatient and value all of your input! I would prefer to keep it at a low dose, so Im wondering if going from an AFC of 6 to 4 follies means the RE will up the dose or if this is to be expected on low dose stims.

Thanks for your help everyone

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

April 16th, 2012, 5:15 pm #2

My understanding of low dose stims is to get only a couple of follies that are of better quality since they are not fried from high stims. I think 4 is decent for the AFC of 6. Are they growing (ie is E2 rising, follies gett bigger?) If so, I wouldn't think that your dose would increase.

Anon just for this please...
Anon just for this please...

April 16th, 2012, 7:36 pm #3

That is so helpful! Thank you!

Anon just for this
Anon just for this

April 16th, 2012, 9:05 pm #4

My understanding of low dose stims is to get only a couple of follies that are of better quality since they are not fried from high stims. I think 4 is decent for the AFC of 6. Are they growing (ie is E2 rising, follies gett bigger?) If so, I wouldn't think that your dose would increase.
Hi,
So I got the message with instructions for tonight and tomorrow night. I will continue my 100iu of Follistim, but they're starting me on the 75iu of Menopur and the ganirelix tonight, too.

E2 today is 107.

Is this the way the low dose/mini stim cycles work? I've never used Ganirelix and honestly thought the addition of Ganirelix and Menopur would happen later.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

April 16th, 2012, 9:14 pm #5

Yes, this sounds correct. Once your E2 is over 100, they usually add in ganirelix or cetrotide as that should keep your LH from rising/surging to allow the follies more time to grow. It all sounds good!

Anon for this
Anon for this

April 16th, 2012, 10:37 pm #6

Thanks!
Is this correct re. Menopur?
18g 1 1/2 needle to mix
27g 1/2 needle to inject

Can't believe I didn't ask!

Thanks for your help!

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

April 16th, 2012, 10:43 pm #7

Yes, mix with the big needle (the lower the gauge, the bigger the needle is) and inject with the smaller! GL!