My consult with C.heck and a failed post coital

My consult with C.heck and a failed post coital

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

December 23rd, 2011, 3:44 am #1

Hi ladies,
I just returned from NJ for what was supposed to be a consult and ended up being some treatment since I have a 20mm follie. Both DH and I were very amused by C.heck and it was amazing to be told I wasn't even a real challenge for him! He had DH do a SA yesterday(results have always been good) and C.heck didn't want to waste the sample so we did an ICI (it was too early for an IUI). We went back today for a post coital and all the sperm were dead. Boo!!! My CM is very thick and I am now taking mucinex. Ideally, he wants me do an IUI on Saturday but with it being Christmas Eve and I haven't set up anything with my local RE yet, it just isn't going to happen. Not sure that we have enough time to try to thin out the CM but we'll give it a whirl.

But I am now convinced I have anti-sperm antibodies(ASA) and have been killing DH's sperm all this time. We did have great fert rates with IVF but the eggs were probably too fried with FSH and didn't make it. It seems from my Dr. Google research that ASA is rare in women but can happen. It also seems like an IUI might now work either as the ASA could be in the ute/tubes too. Should I be concerned about the thick CM or is that fixable by taking mucinex earlier in the cycle now that I know about it? Do a lot of us have thick CM? Am I make a mountain out of a molehill by thinking I have ASA? Will C.heck do a blood test for ASA if I ask?

My stats: Age 38, 17.3/82 FSH/e2, AMH 0.3, 4 IUI's and 2IVF's =BFN (only got 2 eggs for IVF)

Sara H
Sara H

December 23rd, 2011, 4:29 am #2

More tomorrow but...

I FAILED my post coital, badly! Badly! 2 days later I did the baking soda douche and used 'Preseed', passed with flying colors.(I don't remember the recipe for the douche, maybe they gave it to you already, but search this board and you will find it. BUT, it does mess with your PH balance so use ti sparingly... only when you KNOW you are O'ing!)

Two things: If you have the post coital too soon it will be a fail.
And: Have you been eating a lot of acid foods? I was on a total grapefruit kick, did wonderful things for my CM but made it really acidic. Retook the test last month, no acidic foods and no douche, A1 pass! All clear. So for me, it was the acidic foods.

On this cycle, where we had success, I did use "Preseed" but NO douche. I had a cold and did take Mucinex every day starting day 7 or so. It is a wonder! Never had good CM before! (Just make SURE it does not have any extra letters after the title, like "DM" or whatever. I also used the generic, worked great!)

So, do the douche this month, kick the acidic foods like orange juice, tomato juice, possibly coffee if you have a big habit, or whatever you might drink and do the Mucinex to get you though this month. Next month, unless you are BFP, retest and see how you do!

So, don't let this get you down! 20mm follicle with FHS in the 80's... YOU GO GIRL! But, if this cycle is not successful, I can't speak highly enough of Dr. C's ways of getting FSH down! Look at me! Look at Anna and her great results this cycle as far as numbers!

Hang in there, there is hope!

Hugs and love and glad you had a good appointment!
Sara H

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

December 23rd, 2011, 4:44 am #3

Thanks for your comments! Just a clarification-- My FSH is 17.3. The E2 was 82 at the time (meaning the FSH was really higher than 17.3 but nothing earth-shattering for this board).

I will probably O on Saturday. Do you do the douche right before O?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 23rd, 2011, 4:45 am #4

More tomorrow but...

I FAILED my post coital, badly! Badly! 2 days later I did the baking soda douche and used 'Preseed', passed with flying colors.(I don't remember the recipe for the douche, maybe they gave it to you already, but search this board and you will find it. BUT, it does mess with your PH balance so use ti sparingly... only when you KNOW you are O'ing!)

Two things: If you have the post coital too soon it will be a fail.
And: Have you been eating a lot of acid foods? I was on a total grapefruit kick, did wonderful things for my CM but made it really acidic. Retook the test last month, no acidic foods and no douche, A1 pass! All clear. So for me, it was the acidic foods.

On this cycle, where we had success, I did use "Preseed" but NO douche. I had a cold and did take Mucinex every day starting day 7 or so. It is a wonder! Never had good CM before! (Just make SURE it does not have any extra letters after the title, like "DM" or whatever. I also used the generic, worked great!)

So, do the douche this month, kick the acidic foods like orange juice, tomato juice, possibly coffee if you have a big habit, or whatever you might drink and do the Mucinex to get you though this month. Next month, unless you are BFP, retest and see how you do!

So, don't let this get you down! 20mm follicle with FHS in the 80's... YOU GO GIRL! But, if this cycle is not successful, I can't speak highly enough of Dr. C's ways of getting FSH down! Look at me! Look at Anna and her great results this cycle as far as numbers!

Hang in there, there is hope!

Hugs and love and glad you had a good appointment!
Sara H
estinyl helped her too. Some ladies don't respond well to it but some really do. It's definitely worth a try.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 23rd, 2011, 4:48 am #5

Hi ladies,
I just returned from NJ for what was supposed to be a consult and ended up being some treatment since I have a 20mm follie. Both DH and I were very amused by C.heck and it was amazing to be told I wasn't even a real challenge for him! He had DH do a SA yesterday(results have always been good) and C.heck didn't want to waste the sample so we did an ICI (it was too early for an IUI). We went back today for a post coital and all the sperm were dead. Boo!!! My CM is very thick and I am now taking mucinex. Ideally, he wants me do an IUI on Saturday but with it being Christmas Eve and I haven't set up anything with my local RE yet, it just isn't going to happen. Not sure that we have enough time to try to thin out the CM but we'll give it a whirl.

But I am now convinced I have anti-sperm antibodies(ASA) and have been killing DH's sperm all this time. We did have great fert rates with IVF but the eggs were probably too fried with FSH and didn't make it. It seems from my Dr. Google research that ASA is rare in women but can happen. It also seems like an IUI might now work either as the ASA could be in the ute/tubes too. Should I be concerned about the thick CM or is that fixable by taking mucinex earlier in the cycle now that I know about it? Do a lot of us have thick CM? Am I make a mountain out of a molehill by thinking I have ASA? Will C.heck do a blood test for ASA if I ask?

My stats: Age 38, 17.3/82 FSH/e2, AMH 0.3, 4 IUI's and 2IVF's =BFN (only got 2 eggs for IVF)
post on the PG board - since she has found success you may find her there faster than posting here.

Regardless, hop on that follie right away. You never know!!

I got my sticky BFP on a post-coital test cycle with Dr. Check. My follie was 20MM as well when I went for that first look u/s around CD12.

Jamie
Jamie

December 23rd, 2011, 5:00 am #6

Hi ladies,

I think that is really my main fertility problem, more than FSH. CCRM in Denver found that 100% of my husband's sperm heads were attached to by my antisperm antibodies. If you failed the post-coital it could be your mucus or it could be ASA. I talked to Check about my case and he didn't think it was a factor but I know for a fact that it was because IVF with ICSI did work for me, whereas years of BDing did nothing. You need to have a serum test to see if you have antibodies and if they are attaching to your DH's sperm. I would definitely suggest that you ask Check about that, because if you have ASA the recommended protocol is IVF with ICSI.

Jamie
Jamie

December 23rd, 2011, 5:01 am #7

post on the PG board - since she has found success you may find her there faster than posting here.

Regardless, hop on that follie right away. You never know!!

I got my sticky BFP on a post-coital test cycle with Dr. Check. My follie was 20MM as well when I went for that first look u/s around CD12.
:-) good memory Mrs. A! Alli has it too, just not as bad. n/t

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

December 23rd, 2011, 3:30 pm #8

I think that is really my main fertility problem, more than FSH. CCRM in Denver found that 100% of my husband's sperm heads were attached to by my antisperm antibodies. If you failed the post-coital it could be your mucus or it could be ASA. I talked to Check about my case and he didn't think it was a factor but I know for a fact that it was because IVF with ICSI did work for me, whereas years of BDing did nothing. You need to have a serum test to see if you have antibodies and if they are attaching to your DH's sperm. I would definitely suggest that you ask Check about that, because if you have ASA the recommended protocol is IVF with ICSI.
Thanks so much for your response. Like you, we have never had a single positive with BDing or 4 IUI's. But with 2 IVF's we had 100% fert both times(I only had 2 eggs but still!). We did not do ICSI though. Since we had fertilization w/out ICSI, would you think it could still be ASA?

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

December 23rd, 2011, 3:32 pm #9

estinyl helped her too. Some ladies don't respond well to it but some really do. It's definitely worth a try.
Mrs. A, I could not help but think of you when I was at C.heck's office and it seemed like I was following your BFP path with the post coital "while you were there" and the 20mm follie, mucinex etc. But then we hit the dead sperm...BOO!!

December 23rd, 2011, 3:48 pm #10

Hi ladies,

I have nothing to add but I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and excited. It seems like you may have a plan. Have you decided which doctor you liked best or are going to go forward with? Now, I am wondering if I have to worry about ASA except I think we had pretty good fertilization stats.