Mrs McIrish, replied below n/t

Teresa
Teresa

July 7th, 2012, 5:05 pm #1

Mrs McIrish, replied below n/t

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

July 7th, 2012, 9:08 pm #2

We are looking in DE options. Of course the cost is the issue but we are trying to figure it out. I will update when I know more. How are you doing???

Teresa
Teresa

July 8th, 2012, 10:12 am #3

It is, it's very expensive. I wish it didn't have to be. Somehow the money will come. Somehow it will. Even if you have to take one year to save, it will still be okay. I can feel this for you and I'm so happy to hear you have a plan.
I am doing well. I take everything day by day and try to stay calm, but do have lots of anxiety. I will be looking for your updates. Your time is COMING and I am keeping you in my prayers.

Houston
Houston

July 8th, 2012, 3:14 pm #4

We are looking in DE options. Of course the cost is the issue but we are trying to figure it out. I will update when I know more. How are you doing???
I don't know if travel would be an issue but HFI has an affordable donor egg program where you split the eggs with another couple seeking donor eggs. They have found this rests in the same chance of success.. I think the cost is 12k and then a huge decrease if it doesn't work out the first time.

Houston
Houston

July 8th, 2012, 3:15 pm #5

Results in...typing from my phone. Sorry

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

July 9th, 2012, 1:36 am #6

I don't know if travel would be an issue but HFI has an affordable donor egg program where you split the eggs with another couple seeking donor eggs. They have found this rests in the same chance of success.. I think the cost is 12k and then a huge decrease if it doesn't work out the first time.
Thanks for the info. I am looking for a program that will accept my insurance and I "may" have a problem getting them to pay for eggs as some insurance plans deem frozen eggs "experimental". Still in my research phase!

Erin
Erin

July 9th, 2012, 1:21 pm #7

I've been poking around the other boards (as I always have) and am really excited to see what you're up to! I think I looked at either the same (or a very similar) BCBS MA plan when my husband changed jobs and spent some time looking at the DE benefit. I'm sure the yellow board ladies know much better than I do, but I was looking around for clinics with large in-house donor pools (to avoid agency fees) and one I had my eye on was San Diego Fertility Center. It requires travel, but they have really good stats and they say they take "all major insurances". I think there's a couple women on the DE pink board who've used them- I think maybe a woman named "birdy" is one? In any case, it looks like you're all over this and doing great. I am keeping an eye out for updates from you and really REALLY hoping for good news from you sometime in the near future!

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

July 9th, 2012, 2:30 pm #8

I confirmed today that my insurance (BCBS RI) will not cover frozen eggs. They cover a fresh DE cycle since I am under forty. The problem for me is that I am getting laid off at the end of the year and most of the programs I can get covered still leave me paying about $17K OOP (the donor fee, legals, agency fee (if no in house pool). We just can't take on the expense of almost $20K when I won't have a job in 5.5 months. I'm too fiscally conversative to put us in that position. DE with C.heck's office is cheaper but the wait time seems long and we don't have that much time before I lose this insurance. I hate complaining about insurance since I know so many ladies are 10% OOP but it really all comes down to whether you can afford treatment or not. I do have a "friend" on another board who went to San Diego and I will ask her what she ended up paying OOP after insurance coverage...

Erin
Erin

July 9th, 2012, 2:42 pm #9

I think I remember the frozen egg caveat from the fine print. Another one I think I recall is that the plan I looked at wouldn't cover split cycles. I remember thinking it was a little funny that they wouldn't want to pay a lesser cost of a split cycle but would cover a whole one, but since you have a better chance at more eggs with a non-split it seemed like a decent deal! I definitely hear you on needing to be frugal and I remembered your job situation. I've been out of a job for a while so I had the same thoughts looking over the plan and was starting to think about clinics that were close to friends or family I could stay with for free to save money. Wishing you lots of luck and keeping my fingers crossed for you that you find a great, reasonably-priced option.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

July 9th, 2012, 2:55 pm #10

Thanks for the heads up on not covering a split cycle. I will check up on that exclusion too. We may just have to sit on C.heck's list for a fully paid donor and see if I get to the top of the list before my insurance coverage runs out.