Mrs McIrish - I read below about your lump removal - I need this too

Mrs McIrish - I read below about your lump removal - I need this too

Ann
Ann

May 29th, 2012, 7:39 pm #1

I had a biopsy a few years ago and the lump in my armpit was diagnosed as benign breast tissue...I want it removed since it has gotten bigger and looks terrible! Was the surgery done under local, and did they remove skin around the lump? Is the incision across the armpit or hidden in a fold? Hopefully yours was smaller than mine :/

Best wishes for a fast recovery, you are smart to have it done before it grows.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

May 30th, 2012, 1:40 am #2

Hi there,
I had the removal done by my breast surgeon at the hospital in the ambulatory surgery section. It was full anesthesia with an IV in my arm. I had to be there at 9am and was released about 2:30pm. It was actually MUCH better than I expected in terms of hardly any pain. My incision is about 4-5 inches long and is above the bra line under my arm but not in the arm pit so my range of motion is better than expected. The doctor said she tries to hide it as best she can in a natural fold of the skin. It is sore now especially on the two ends of the incision which are raised, bumpy and red. I am sitting here with an ice pack on it! I had the surgery on Wed and was able to remove the bandage for good on Friday (and finally take a shower). I did have some bleeding the day of surgery but I seem to be a bit prone to that and others may not be. It was black and blue but is improving on that end. I did take a "before" picture and am going to take an "after" picture soon. If you want to email me, I can send you the pic to see if you are similiar and what to expect. I also found some other photos on line of other people who had it done that I can give you the link for. email is c v e 73 at yahoo dot com. (The initials are all together with the numbers).
GL!

Ann
Ann

May 30th, 2012, 2:43 pm #3

Sent you an email

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

May 31st, 2012, 1:18 am #4

back at you! n/t