Might be a silly question

Might be a silly question

annon
annon

June 7th, 2012, 1:22 am #1

When you are diagnosed with high fsh and your menstral cycle is not regular, if you did get any ewcm would you say your best chances to get pregnant would be in the days prior or days after? (obviously if ovulated)

Laura
Laura

June 7th, 2012, 3:11 am #2

The best time to get pg is right when you have EWCM. It can last for a few days, but in recent months I've noticed it's been limited to maybe 12-hrs. So before you have it is better than after, since after you might have already ovulated. Does that help?

Nancy
Nancy

June 7th, 2012, 3:36 am #3

When you are diagnosed with high fsh and your menstral cycle is not regular, if you did get any ewcm would you say your best chances to get pregnant would be in the days prior or days after? (obviously if ovulated)
Best time is during EWCM. That said, for some women, myself included, my EWCM stops about 2-3 days before ovulation and dries up dries up a day or 2 beforehand (I think this is more common in older women). For women that don't have problems with EWCM, you generally will have EWCM up until ovulation day. As laura said, you want to take advantage of the EWCM when you have it. Not wait until after.

So, if you see EWCM, don't wait for it to dry up! also, you can use some over the counter remedies to help keep it thinner (sometimes it can be too thick for sperm)...like guaifenesin. Also, in my experience, Chinese Herbs help keep the EWCM very abundant and for me it stays almost up until ovulation day.

Good luck!
Nancy

annon
annon

June 8th, 2012, 12:08 am #4

It does help. I have been diagnosed with pof and dor. I am lucky to get any ewcm. Its been a while since trying so I needed to familiarize myself with "should be". As, I think when I do ovulate (if) its not the normal 14 day window most would have.

Nancy
Nancy

June 8th, 2012, 3:13 pm #5

There is a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility, which is a really good resource for explaining the EWCM thing. This is the first book I read while starting the TTC journey, and found it very helpful.

Good luck!
Nancy

Mtoto2
Mtoto2

June 8th, 2012, 3:25 pm #6

Nancy, do you mind sharing the names of the Chinese herbs?

Julie
Julie

June 9th, 2012, 12:18 am #7

I do notice that I have more mucus 5-6 days before ovulation than right before ovulation. And I was not sure when to BD. Because I don't want to start too early because I am afraid the sperms won't survive that long. But I don't want to start to late - if I dry up before ovulation.

I don't think I read about this information before. either in books or internet. (maybe I am wrong maybe I just didn't pay attention). Anyway, just want to check to see your information about EWCM drying up before ovulation is from your first hand experience or you know other books/websites that mention it? I would like to read more about it.

Also any other ideas about how to increase the mucus? I remember reading somewhere about cough medication? never tried that. I would appreciate if any one knows exactly what to take...

Many thanks!

Nancy
Nancy

June 9th, 2012, 5:49 pm #8

Nancy, do you mind sharing the names of the Chinese herbs?
My acupuncturist gave them to me but she unfortunately never told me what they were!! I would ask and shed be very vague...but I am going to find out because she left and who I see now won't give me herbs (weird if u ask me) so I am going to email her and see if she'll tell me and then I will pass it along. Wish me luck!!! You can also get something similar in pill form and I will find out. You can try searching for a post by minka who explained the pill form...i think it was back in Jan or feb.

For me at least these herbs were like magic for ewcm I would have abundant aNd for days on end!!! Now that I am not taking herbs i only have 1 or 2 days and it dries up even days before ovulation:(

Nancy

Nancy
Nancy

June 9th, 2012, 5:53 pm #9

I do notice that I have more mucus 5-6 days before ovulation than right before ovulation. And I was not sure when to BD. Because I don't want to start too early because I am afraid the sperms won't survive that long. But I don't want to start to late - if I dry up before ovulation.

I don't think I read about this information before. either in books or internet. (maybe I am wrong maybe I just didn't pay attention). Anyway, just want to check to see your information about EWCM drying up before ovulation is from your first hand experience or you know other books/websites that mention it? I would like to read more about it.

Also any other ideas about how to increase the mucus? I remember reading somewhere about cough medication? never tried that. I would appreciate if any one knows exactly what to take...

Many thanks!
I have some thoughts on this and some advice but will look it up and post later! I will try to fi d my book today and post something later in the day or tomorrow.

Nancy

Julie
Julie

June 10th, 2012, 2:25 am #10

Thanks Nancy. I look forward to your post (eom)