IVF#3 delayed due to my FSH level. Ugh

IVF#3 delayed due to my FSH level. Ugh

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 6th, 2012, 6:48 pm #1

UGH! I went in for baseline u/s and b/w this morning to start IVF#3 (first with C.heck) and my FSH is the highest it has ever been-- 24.2 (with e2 of 49). I have to go on estinyl and recheck the blood on Friday. So bummed...

Sara H
Sara H

February 6th, 2012, 6:54 pm #2

This is such a bummer when you are set to go! But, better they catch it so you get the best response. See what Friday brings... if the FSH has stalled the cycle maybe you can do low stims and IUI? (I don't remember at this moment if that is a possibility for you?)

Hang in there and hugs,
Again I am so sorry,
Sara H

Erin
Erin

February 6th, 2012, 8:04 pm #3

UGH! I went in for baseline u/s and b/w this morning to start IVF#3 (first with C.heck) and my FSH is the highest it has ever been-- 24.2 (with e2 of 49). I have to go on estinyl and recheck the blood on Friday. So bummed...
I've actually been meaning to say that I was sorry I noticed on the roll call that the IUI didn't work out from last cycle, and now you're dealing with this. I'm so sorry. That really sucks. I had almost the exact same thing happen this last month, so I definitely feel your pain. I hope the estinyl does the trick and things turn around for Friday. Thinking of you!

Laura
Laura

February 6th, 2012, 8:09 pm #4

Estinyl should help a lot. Remember that there have been successes on this board with FSH about that high!

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 6th, 2012, 8:10 pm #5

I've actually been meaning to say that I was sorry I noticed on the roll call that the IUI didn't work out from last cycle, and now you're dealing with this. I'm so sorry. That really sucks. I had almost the exact same thing happen this last month, so I definitely feel your pain. I hope the estinyl does the trick and things turn around for Friday. Thinking of you!
After I posted this, I tried to remember what I said to you last cycle when your FSH came back too high! It just sucks and I'm tired of all this. I cannot concentrate at work today at all because of this and you get to a point when there are too many bad days versus good days and wonder whether to throw in the towel. I have no experience with estinyl and don't even know if this kills this cycle totally or just delays it. I can't even get the estinyl until tomorrow night as my local fertility pharmacy doesn't have it on hand and I can't drive up to Waltham right now to get it. So I have to have it shipped for tomorrow. It's hard enough to make plans to cycle out of town when things go "normally" let alone with more obstacles. No real point as I am just babbling.

AJ
AJ

February 6th, 2012, 8:18 pm #6

I know how frustrating it is....hopefully the estinyl will work quickly and you can move on. Did you ask where he wants it? I think at least 12 or less, but maybe it's different if you're doing IVF. I don't know what that means for this cycle, it's possible you will still mature a follicle while taking the estinyl and it's possible it will suppress you and then you can proceed with meds once the FSH is lower. Hope you get good news on Friday!

Erin
Erin

February 6th, 2012, 8:26 pm #7

After I posted this, I tried to remember what I said to you last cycle when your FSH came back too high! It just sucks and I'm tired of all this. I cannot concentrate at work today at all because of this and you get to a point when there are too many bad days versus good days and wonder whether to throw in the towel. I have no experience with estinyl and don't even know if this kills this cycle totally or just delays it. I can't even get the estinyl until tomorrow night as my local fertility pharmacy doesn't have it on hand and I can't drive up to Waltham right now to get it. So I have to have it shipped for tomorrow. It's hard enough to make plans to cycle out of town when things go "normally" let alone with more obstacles. No real point as I am just babbling.
It is "fudging" exhausting. And planning around the OOT stuff when this happens is a real... "witch." Honestly, it took me about a week to recalibrate to not feeling completely hopeless after this happened earlier this month. Be patient with yourself. If you can muster it, take a walk, listen to some music, have a glass of wine when you get home- anything to take care of yourself. As Dr. D said to me- we're all allowed a wacky cycle! Maybe this won't even be a whole wacky cycle for you. I can tell you I did ovulate on day 14 like normal this month, so it wasn't completely wacked out despite the higher FSH. I guess my point is, the cycle might still be okay! I'll be sending you good "lower FSH" vibes this week! Hang in there.

jmassage
jmassage

February 6th, 2012, 9:45 pm #8

My FSH was 25 this month nd E2 same as yours. MY RE prefers it below 20 to go forward, but they let me give it a try anyway this month..IVF that is. I only had 3 follies but one did make it to transfer and now we are just waiting. I'm sorry. That is frustrating. This whole process is a waiting game. For me, it felt so good to just go forward this month and take some actoion yet knowing I may not respond so well. But at least I did respond somewhat and at least I know that DH and I can make nice embies.

teresa
teresa

February 6th, 2012, 10:22 pm #9

I hope your levels go down soon.

You have every right to be frustrated and upset. This is BEYOND frustrating and you've been patient and I know you're wanting to get this going.

I think you are in the BEST hands possible, with Dr Check. He has made so many peoples dreams come true.

When I had my bad moment this morning, I went back to last Monday when I sat with him and I replayed him saying to me "it WILL happen" and it made me feel better..try and remember your first time meeting with him and cling to that hope, okay?

XOXO

mel
mel

February 7th, 2012, 12:06 am #10

Sorry you're having to deal with this, it can be so frustrating. I hope the estinyl helps and things work out for you come Friday.