Its time to move on (DE ment)

Its time to move on (DE ment)

March 7th, 2011, 4:21 pm #1

after 2 years of TTC, 0nly 5 IUI's, 2 IVF's and one good embryo.. lowest fsh - 13, highest - 60 (cd3). long periods. last few month I was on estinyl. fsh got low (artificially), AFC test showes 2-3 follicles (big progress for me because before that AFC showed 0 follicles on CD3) but e2 never rose and no ovulation occured.
Re told me today that its time to move on to DE. He's right, Im waisting my time (38yo). I dont feel ready to DE but DH cant wait anymore

Sara H.
Sara H.

March 7th, 2011, 4:55 pm #2

If you are not ready it is so hard to move onto something you are not ready for. Yet, maybe this will be what you are looking for and, in the end, if you end up a mom I think, from reading about others experiences, that will over-ride the road it took to get there.

Best of luck to you and may your new path bring joy!
Hugs,
Sara H.

MargieD
MargieD

March 7th, 2011, 5:38 pm #3

after 2 years of TTC, 0nly 5 IUI's, 2 IVF's and one good embryo.. lowest fsh - 13, highest - 60 (cd3). long periods. last few month I was on estinyl. fsh got low (artificially), AFC test showes 2-3 follicles (big progress for me because before that AFC showed 0 follicles on CD3) but e2 never rose and no ovulation occured.
Re told me today that its time to move on to DE. He's right, Im waisting my time (38yo). I dont feel ready to DE but DH cant wait anymore

I'm not saying you should do DEs or OEs... or whatever....

What do you feel like you should be doing?? Never mind what DH said or what the RE said... what do YOU feel??

Take care of YOU... this sucks...I know...

March 7th, 2011, 8:03 pm #4

My heart tells me to keep on trying because there is a little progress since I started Estinyl. I never had follicles on CD2/3 before and with Estinyl I do have some (1-3).
My head and my Dr. are telling me that its not enough and these follicles should also grow and my ovaries should produce estradiol - which they dont.

I trust my Re unlike the 2 former doctors. where I live (Israel) TTC is fully covered for all women (under 45) but DE in not covered, its private mediceine and can only be made abroad and I always suspected that the former doctors had financial interest in sending me to DE but not this time - this Re really tried. apparently my ovaries dont work anymore.

Regarding DH - he thinks its a waste of time since were no more doing Ivf's. If we were doing IVf's he would have given it a few more chances.

Sara H.
Sara H.

March 7th, 2011, 9:19 pm #5

As I understand it picking a donor, setting everything up, getting everything together takes time. You could keep trying on your own, if you egg quality is improving maybe you'll get your golden egg?

Or, could you ask to wait, say, three more cycles with IUI to see how you do just in case?

Whatever you chose I know it will be the right choice, in the end, for you!

Hugs, and may your heart be at ease...
Sara H.

MargieD
MargieD

March 7th, 2011, 10:02 pm #6

My heart tells me to keep on trying because there is a little progress since I started Estinyl. I never had follicles on CD2/3 before and with Estinyl I do have some (1-3).
My head and my Dr. are telling me that its not enough and these follicles should also grow and my ovaries should produce estradiol - which they dont.

I trust my Re unlike the 2 former doctors. where I live (Israel) TTC is fully covered for all women (under 45) but DE in not covered, its private mediceine and can only be made abroad and I always suspected that the former doctors had financial interest in sending me to DE but not this time - this Re really tried. apparently my ovaries dont work anymore.

Regarding DH - he thinks its a waste of time since were no more doing Ivf's. If we were doing IVf's he would have given it a few more chances.
Give yourself lots of hugs...go have some fun... give yourself a chance to smile again... and then come back and think about what you want to do...

It's hard when DH is not on board with what you want, too....

Maybe you could come to compromise and do both - like Sara H. said??

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 8th, 2011, 5:02 pm #7

Have you done DHEA and acupuncture, herbs? If not, I would def suggest you exhaust the two of them before moving to DE, IMHO.

KarenGH
KarenGH

March 8th, 2011, 6:07 pm #8

Reading your post, I don't think you are ready to move on to DE. I hate that your RE and your DH are pressuring you to do so. I know everyone is different, so it is hard to tell you what to do. But I think YOU need to be ready to move on or you will have regrets and even possibly resentment for not having a chance to get your feeling of closure one way or another.

Big hugs to you.

March 9th, 2011, 7:57 am #9

Have you done DHEA and acupuncture, herbs? If not, I would def suggest you exhaust the two of them before moving to DE, IMHO.
DHEA, supplements, accuponture, reflexology, different kind of herbs. At the begining it helped and I had aalmost regular periods but in the last 2 years my ovaries hardlyfunction anymore

March 9th, 2011, 8:02 am #10

Reading your post, I don't think you are ready to move on to DE. I hate that your RE and your DH are pressuring you to do so. I know everyone is different, so it is hard to tell you what to do. But I think YOU need to be ready to move on or you will have regrets and even possibly resentment for not having a chance to get your feeling of closure one way or another.

Big hugs to you.
He relly wants a baby, he's 37yo and Im 38. If I had follicles growing and doing IVF's he would have hope ang give it a chance, but it doesnt happen anymore, my ovaris are dying...