intralipids

intralipids

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 17th, 2011, 2:19 am #1

Does anyone know if intralipids will help during an ivf cycle or do harm. Dr check didn't think it did anything. He said he would leave it up to me to decide, but now I'm second guessing myself incase it does more harm than good. Any thoughts?.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 17th, 2011, 2:10 pm #2

I have been to the Beers clinic and did some immunology testing and long story short I used intralipids and they did not work to bring my natural killer cell %'s down. When I did IVIg that did work to bring them down but it is very expensive. I would recommend that if you think you have immune issues that you work with a reproductive immunologist to see what your issues are. I am allergic to everything under the sun so I know my immune system could be a factor.

I am a Check chick so I have had this conversation with Dr. Check. He is not a fan of IVIg and recommends intralipids but you have to be your own advocate when it comes to immune treatment.

Good luck!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 17th, 2011, 4:01 pm #3

Dr Check did an in-house study using intralipids on ladies with previous miscarriages, and found there was no difference in the pg rates of those who used it or not.

Mary
Mary

June 17th, 2011, 4:39 pm #4

Does anyone know if intralipids will help during an ivf cycle or do harm. Dr check didn't think it did anything. He said he would leave it up to me to decide, but now I'm second guessing myself incase it does more harm than good. Any thoughts?.
Didn't help at all. I tested borderline for killer cell and intralipid didnt help with implantation.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 18th, 2011, 12:14 am #5

You can't just conclude that because you didn't get pg., intralipids don't work. There are other factors at play and you still have to have normal embryos, which is far from a given for women and their partners battling infertility.