in RE waitting room vent (lots of egg menyioned)

in RE waitting room vent (lots of egg menyioned)

December 4th, 2011, 5:10 pm #1

I am doing OOT monitoring and sitting in a waiting room right now, the RE came out and whispered in to the guy sitting next to me that she retrieved 14 eggs, I just burst in to tear, this is like a very far, in achievable dream for me.

Thanks for listening.

BabyDance
BabyDance

December 4th, 2011, 5:25 pm #2

I was at Checks for ER - I had three, they got 1 that fertilized and didn't grow to day 3. When I was waiting for the RE to come in, she was finishing ER for someone else next door, and the window between the rooms was open. They count, standard procedure. At first, I didn't realize what it was, then I did, they counted, as I was sitting there, up to 33. I thought I'd kill myself right there. Then the doctor came in woke her up and explained she might have OHSS. I was numb. I felt bad she might be sick, but listening to them count to 33 was brutal. Sorry, Anna. This whole thing sucks bigtime. As you know, I know I'm done, unless some beyond miracle naturally occurs, but I'm accepting it. I wasn't before and really still believed it could happen. Now I know it can't, accept by the grace of g-d, there is NOTHING I can do anymore. I didn't drink for a year and took tons of supplements. Now I take nothing but one vitex, and drink. I've given up. But, don't you give up. You are too young. The biggest predictor of egg quality is AGE, NOT FSH. There has to be one good egg in there. There has to be. Xox BD

SMRC
SMRC

December 4th, 2011, 5:33 pm #3

I am doing OOT monitoring and sitting in a waiting room right now, the RE came out and whispered in to the guy sitting next to me that she retrieved 14 eggs, I just burst in to tear, this is like a very far, in achievable dream for me.

Thanks for listening.
Once I was sitting in the waiting room at Cornell on my ER day - I had 2 follicles to retrieve; the woman next to me (also waiting for ER) kept complaining about how bloated/uncomfortable she was because of all the eggs she had. I would have killed to be in her shoes! Hang in there. I got over this issue once I realized I would NEVER have quantity. SMRC

SMRC
SMRC

December 4th, 2011, 5:34 pm #4

Above was supposed to say "been there too"... n/t

December 4th, 2011, 5:39 pm #5

I was at Checks for ER - I had three, they got 1 that fertilized and didn't grow to day 3. When I was waiting for the RE to come in, she was finishing ER for someone else next door, and the window between the rooms was open. They count, standard procedure. At first, I didn't realize what it was, then I did, they counted, as I was sitting there, up to 33. I thought I'd kill myself right there. Then the doctor came in woke her up and explained she might have OHSS. I was numb. I felt bad she might be sick, but listening to them count to 33 was brutal. Sorry, Anna. This whole thing sucks bigtime. As you know, I know I'm done, unless some beyond miracle naturally occurs, but I'm accepting it. I wasn't before and really still believed it could happen. Now I know it can't, accept by the grace of g-d, there is NOTHING I can do anymore. I didn't drink for a year and took tons of supplements. Now I take nothing but one vitex, and drink. I've given up. But, don't you give up. You are too young. The biggest predictor of egg quality is AGE, NOT FSH. There has to be one good egg in there. There has to be. Xox BD
I just finished the cd 3 us, and my AFC is one...

BD
BD

December 4th, 2011, 5:46 pm #6

Once I was sitting in the waiting room at Cornell on my ER day - I had 2 follicles to retrieve; the woman next to me (also waiting for ER) kept complaining about how bloated/uncomfortable she was because of all the eggs she had. I would have killed to be in her shoes! Hang in there. I got over this issue once I realized I would NEVER have quantity. SMRC
I always think of Alli who had two AFC, I think retrieved two - whatever it was - it was LOW - and now has triplets!!!!! She was also young - it can happen. Maybe she will chime in.. xoxo

December 4th, 2011, 5:49 pm #7

Thanks for listening.
Maybe he was trying to be discreet. But still, you would have thought he could have called him behind the waiting room door and told him.

I remember back when I was monitoring locally to travel to Cooper (1000 miles), I had an event one Monday morning that still irritates me. It was a holiday of some sort (can't recall), and the clinic had holiday early morning monitoring. DH and I were packing in possible anticipation of driving (yes, driving) for that trip, so our time was very limited. The way the local clinic worked was that you signed in and you got your b/w and/or u/s in the order you signed in. We were one of the people waiting in line for the clinic to open so that we could home and finish packing in hopeful preparation to travel. Keep in mind, we weren't expecting but one or two eggs.

So, some woman comes in after those of us in line had signed in and she said she needed to get to work - could they get her in quickly. Well, the bozo RE there put her in front of everybody else. If that wasn't irritating enough, as she was leaving, she had an u/s pic of her mulitple follicles (it looked like about 10) and she stopped looking at it in the waiting room. I was so ticked off - she was in such a big hurry to get in there ahead of everybody else, but then she stopped in the waiting room on the way out and spent the time looking over her u/s pic with all those follicles. I know she probably wasn't, but I felt like she was flaunting them.

I know I may sound petty, but it just really irritated me. Thanks for letting me vent.

December 4th, 2011, 7:04 pm #8

Thanks for listening.
Ali was an exceptional miracle, plus she never had a retrieval besides the one who got her prg, so obviously no quality issue. I am far from that.

Alli
Alli

December 4th, 2011, 9:57 pm #9

I always think of Alli who had two AFC, I think retrieved two - whatever it was - it was LOW - and now has triplets!!!!! She was also young - it can happen. Maybe she will chime in.. xoxo
2 AFC and retrieved 3. All of these stories would make me burst into tears in the waiting room too. But if you take a gander at some other IF blogs, there are women who have retrieved 100 eggs with the same number of failures. Not to discourage you but once you have embies to transfer, you are on the same playing field. And I also looked at it this way- I didn't have 20 extra frozens to contend with. I know a couple who have 5 kids via adoption and IVF. They have 10 frozens and won't destroy them. They arent comfortable with donation so what are they going to do?? One way to look at this glass half full

December 4th, 2011, 10:02 pm #10

Ali was an exceptional miracle, plus she never had a retrieval besides the one who got her prg, so obviously no quality issue. I am far from that.
Have you done more than 1 ET? Maybe it was just that IVF. I know this is so hard, but it really may work. A different and better lab? Maybe open to transferring with 1 follie?