Help me interpret CD 9 numbers please!

Help me interpret CD 9 numbers please!

AJ
AJ

November 22nd, 2011, 12:26 am #1

I need some help, these numbers don't make sense to me:(. Just to compare, I'll give CD 2 numbers as well. This is an unmedicated natural cycle.

CD 2 CD 9
FSH- 12 FSH- 39
E2- 11 E2- 68
LH- 6 LH- 16
P4- 0.2 P4- 0.2

The nurse at Cooper said to go back Friday for repeat b/w and u/s. I'm thoroughly confused about these numbers. I know it's good that E2 is going up, but it appears that this cycle is off to a slow start. I'm concerned about how high the FSH and LH is getting though. I have a sonohystogram scheduled for tomorrow so I'll have another callback, but I'm curious about your thoughts in the meantime.

TIA!!

Sara H
Sara H

November 22nd, 2011, 1:53 am #2

Almost looks like a response to Clomid?

I don't know, seems odd to me. Yes, I'd do a redo... slim chance it was someone elses numbers?
Were any follicles in play?

I am so sorry, this must be frustrating since you were off to such a good start. I really hope it was a fluke.

Hugs to you!
Sara H

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 22nd, 2011, 3:33 am #3

I need some help, these numbers don't make sense to me:(. Just to compare, I'll give CD 2 numbers as well. This is an unmedicated natural cycle.

CD 2 CD 9
FSH- 12 FSH- 39
E2- 11 E2- 68
LH- 6 LH- 16
P4- 0.2 P4- 0.2

The nurse at Cooper said to go back Friday for repeat b/w and u/s. I'm thoroughly confused about these numbers. I know it's good that E2 is going up, but it appears that this cycle is off to a slow start. I'm concerned about how high the FSH and LH is getting though. I have a sonohystogram scheduled for tomorrow so I'll have another callback, but I'm curious about your thoughts in the meantime.

TIA!!
Looks like it might be early ovulation. The sono will show it if it is.

AJ
AJ

November 22nd, 2011, 4:57 am #4

Almost looks like a response to Clomid?

I don't know, seems odd to me. Yes, I'd do a redo... slim chance it was someone elses numbers?
Were any follicles in play?

I am so sorry, this must be frustrating since you were off to such a good start. I really hope it was a fluke.

Hugs to you!
Sara H
Weird huh? The nurse at Cooper called me this afternoon b/c they hadn't received my b/w. So I called the lab and the guy told me the machine was down. I guess they got it fixed because they did end up getting my results late in the day. Maybe the machine was faulty!!! I think I'll ask tomorrow about getting b/w on Wednesday instead. I worry waiting all the way until Friday, plus I'm having a hard time finding a lab open the day after Thanksgiving anyway:)

AJ
AJ

November 22nd, 2011, 4:59 am #5

Looks like it might be early ovulation. The sono will show it if it is.
because I didn't have any real measureable follicles on the u/s. Just something that was hanging around from last cycle that was getting smaller anyway. I'm curious to see if the sono shows more detail than the u/s as far as the ovaries go. Thanks:)

November 22nd, 2011, 9:04 am #6

Initially, that is exactly what I thought might have happened - an early ovulation that was just happening. But, the P4 levels made me think probably not. With the elevated LH and FSH, I thought perhaps you could have just been in the stage of dropping E2 along with surging FSH and LH. But since the P4 hasn't started going up, that doesn't seem likely. Your next b/w should definitely answer that question, though.

My second thought was just that your body got a little out of sync and your FSH and LH started going up quite a bit trying to stimulate follicles that weren't quite ready to respond. Since your baseline E2 was so low, this scenario seems more likely to me. And now with your E2 going up, maybe the FSH and LH will stabilize and even go down as your E2 increases.

Hopefully your next b/w and u/s will give you a clearer picture.

AJ
AJ

November 22nd, 2011, 3:07 pm #7

And I hope you're right, I might just be out of sync since the numbers don't seem to all point in one direction. I really hope it's not early O.