Has anyone tried the Conception Kit?

Has anyone tried the Conception Kit?

Hadas
Hadas

May 13th, 2012, 2:35 pm #1

My acupuncturist is recommending it (I understand from what I see on their website that it's best for certain issues). I'm just curious to know if anyone here has tried it and what you thought. It looks messy LOL

May 13th, 2012, 6:14 pm #2

I used it 4 years ago when I was try to conceive naturally. At the time, I had a 7-month-old DS from a successful IVF. We thought we would do another IVF but figured we would try naturally for a few months using the conception kit, the clearblue easy fert. monitor, taking Vit. D and Vitex supplements, and with my husband taking supplements for his MF issues (low count and morphology problems). What do you know - I was pg naturally on the third month of trying with the CBEFM and the FIRST month of using the Conception Kit. I had never had a natural BFP in my life, had fsh of 14.3, had been told we should do donor egg, etc. so I was completely blown away. So yes, I highly recommend the Conception Kit (and no, I am not in any way affiliated with the company though I have often thought I should e-mail them my testimonial) - it was only around $200 when I bought it 4 years ago. Much cheaper than IVF! If you don't want to spend the $200 for it, you could just use Instead, which you can buy at a drugstore. Same idea - a cup that holds the semen at the cervix.

Good luck to you - let me know if you have questions!
Sarah

Hadas
Hadas

May 13th, 2012, 10:09 pm #3

Thanks for sharing your story! I read the testimonials on their website and was like, "Are they all true??" So glad to hear your story! We don't have MF issues, but figured why not try it.

Just a quick question: do you put the cap in after BDing or does DH have to use a condom, etc? That's what threw me... I didn't understand!

Thanks!
Hadas

Nancy
Nancy

May 14th, 2012, 1:14 am #4

I have never tried this kit, but wanted you to know that I responded to your post below inquiring about other tests you can try

Nancy

May 14th, 2012, 3:02 am #5

Hi Nancy,
I replied to you in the lower thread... thank you so much!
Hadas

Me & DH: 39
Married at 32 and TTC right away
2/07: IUI #1 (Clomid only) BFP (No more hb at 9 weeks; D&C)
Through rest of 2007: Multiple IUI's (Clomid or Femara): all BFN
3/08: IVF #1 FSH: 11.6 (highest ever recorded for me) MDL protocol; BFP/chemical
10/08: IVF #2: BFP! DD born 7/09
5/10: Uterine polyp removal
8/10: FET #1: BFP/Chemical
11/10: IVF #3: Retrieval only; transfer postponed due to thin lining
1/11: FET #2: BFN
3/11: FET #3: BFN
12/11: Uh oh... FSH 16
2/12 Low dose IVF #4 with Clomid: 3 follies all empty
4/12 FSH 11.7
4/12 Low dose IVF #5 Injectables: BFN

May 14th, 2012, 4:34 pm #6

Thanks for sharing your story! I read the testimonials on their website and was like, "Are they all true??" So glad to hear your story! We don't have MF issues, but figured why not try it.

Just a quick question: do you put the cap in after BDing or does DH have to use a condom, etc? That's what threw me... I didn't understand!

Thanks!
Hadas
Yeah, getting the stuff into the little cap thingy is tricky because the cap is quite small. I can't remember how the directions say you should do it. You could just BD and then put the thing in, or you could just manually get the stuff into the cap, if you know what I mean. I left those details up to my dh! Then you have to get the cap thing in without spilling it everywhere and that is another challenge. But hey overall it's still easier than 5 shots a day, daily ultrasounds and blood draws, etc.

You could use a condom but that sounds even messier and you would have to make sure you got one without any chemicals/lubricants/spermicides.

Nancy
Nancy

May 14th, 2012, 9:29 pm #7

Hi Nancy,
I replied to you in the lower thread... thank you so much!
Hadas

Me & DH: 39
Married at 32 and TTC right away
2/07: IUI #1 (Clomid only) BFP (No more hb at 9 weeks; D&C)
Through rest of 2007: Multiple IUI's (Clomid or Femara): all BFN
3/08: IVF #1 FSH: 11.6 (highest ever recorded for me) MDL protocol; BFP/chemical
10/08: IVF #2: BFP! DD born 7/09
5/10: Uterine polyp removal
8/10: FET #1: BFP/Chemical
11/10: IVF #3: Retrieval only; transfer postponed due to thin lining
1/11: FET #2: BFN
3/11: FET #3: BFN
12/11: Uh oh... FSH 16
2/12 Low dose IVF #4 with Clomid: 3 follies all empty
4/12 FSH 11.7
4/12 Low dose IVF #5 Injectables: BFN
I responded again:)