Happy Easter! (m/c mentioned)

Happy Easter! (m/c mentioned)

Laura
Laura

April 8th, 2012, 3:34 pm #1

Even though I've been on a few times to help others, it's been 40 days since I posted about myself. It's been very freeing to just think about IF less.

Something I didn't know until I had started my break was that my m/c was actually bc I was pg with monoamniotic twins...which are more than just identical twins--they were sharing a membrane. Only 50% of cases even make it to live birth, and even then the "healthy" birth rate is much much lower since they are inevitably delivered by c-section before 34 wk. So while it was awful and painful and I would have done anything to keep them, at the very least I know why I had a m/c, where many other women will never get an explanation.

After only 2 wk of a really big AF, I ovulated (with the full moon) and got AF 12 days later. I'm done with b/w and u/s monitoring for now, but I am ovulating again (!); today is CD14, so one could say that my easter basket is full of eggs..

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 9th, 2012, 3:58 pm #2

Best wishes for a great cycle.

anna
anna

April 9th, 2012, 5:28 pm #3

Even though I've been on a few times to help others, it's been 40 days since I posted about myself. It's been very freeing to just think about IF less.

Something I didn't know until I had started my break was that my m/c was actually bc I was pg with monoamniotic twins...which are more than just identical twins--they were sharing a membrane. Only 50% of cases even make it to live birth, and even then the "healthy" birth rate is much much lower since they are inevitably delivered by c-section before 34 wk. So while it was awful and painful and I would have done anything to keep them, at the very least I know why I had a m/c, where many other women will never get an explanation.

After only 2 wk of a really big AF, I ovulated (with the full moon) and got AF 12 days later. I'm done with b/w and u/s monitoring for now, but I am ovulating again (!); today is CD14, so one could say that my easter basket is full of eggs..

Hey old friend, I was waiting for yr post. Just as u promised in Easter. I am glad you are ok and got some answer for ur MC. Every thing happens for the best and we in this universe rarely get answer for horrific things that happen to us, but I am glad u got answered. I am sure it was for the best. I hope to see a happy post from u soon.
XOXO,
Anna

mel
mel

April 9th, 2012, 8:50 pm #4

I'm so sorry for your loss. While knowing the reason may give you some peace, it doesn't make it any less devastating. It is heartbreaking all the same.

What great news that you are ovulating!! Wishing you all the best!!

Laura
Laura

April 10th, 2012, 4:40 pm #5

I am strangely at peace with what happened. I know and feel that it wasn't meant to be. Look forward to hearing more from you both!