Got my period, too... Big choices to make. To IVF or Not

Got my period, too... Big choices to make. To IVF or Not

Sara H.
Sara H.

November 20th, 2011, 2:26 pm #1

So, I think we are sure we are going to do a cycle.
(How's that statement for certainty!)

But now...
1) It's a timing issue. Do we start this month? DH is on a huge holiday project which only gives him Mon-Tue off. There is no way he can be off on a Saturday. So that makes me nervous.
2) And: This will sounds silly but we were out last cycle and could not try (I was in another county!) and I feel like it's good luck to try before and IVF cycle... silly, I know!
3) And, of course, the dreaded Christmas issue. As romantic as it would eb to find out it worked at Christmas we could also be finding out it was a failure at Christmas. My DH LOVES Christmas... I don't want to ruin that for him.
4) DH's project has a 10% chance of becoming a job offer... which would include heath insurgence, but we would not know until after the holidays... which would be an ironic kick-in-the-butt if we did a cycle now.

On the other hand:
1) If my FSH is good we should do it!
2) Who knows what tomorrow could bring, if we have a chance now...
3) My grandparents are in their 90's. If we have a chance to tell them a g.g.kid is on the way I will feel horrible if I miss that due to delay.
4) We are EXCITED and want to try!
5) DH's schedule is bad-ish this cycle but mine is rather clear, which is, really more important.

So, we don't know what to do... I'll get my blood-work numbers tomorrow.
Thoughts?
Hugs to all!
Sara H
Quote
Share

MargieD
MargieD

November 20th, 2011, 3:01 pm #2

If you're going to do ONE more IVF cycle - you want to give it your all. You don't want to look back and say - "Well - this cycle didn't work because blah blah blah..."

If you are confident that you guys can give it your all and with no regrets - then go for it.

I was having a hectic month and I thought if I stayed on the P4 support, it would delay my period and delay my cycle so we could do it when things settled down. Well - I ended up getting an estrogen producing cyst - which means this month is a bust before it even starts. Grrr...



Quote
Share

AJ
AJ

November 20th, 2011, 4:35 pm #3

So, I think we are sure we are going to do a cycle.
(How's that statement for certainty!)

But now...
1) It's a timing issue. Do we start this month? DH is on a huge holiday project which only gives him Mon-Tue off. There is no way he can be off on a Saturday. So that makes me nervous.
2) And: This will sounds silly but we were out last cycle and could not try (I was in another county!) and I feel like it's good luck to try before and IVF cycle... silly, I know!
3) And, of course, the dreaded Christmas issue. As romantic as it would eb to find out it worked at Christmas we could also be finding out it was a failure at Christmas. My DH LOVES Christmas... I don't want to ruin that for him.
4) DH's project has a 10% chance of becoming a job offer... which would include heath insurgence, but we would not know until after the holidays... which would be an ironic kick-in-the-butt if we did a cycle now.

On the other hand:
1) If my FSH is good we should do it!
2) Who knows what tomorrow could bring, if we have a chance now...
3) My grandparents are in their 90's. If we have a chance to tell them a g.g.kid is on the way I will feel horrible if I miss that due to delay.
4) We are EXCITED and want to try!
5) DH's schedule is bad-ish this cycle but mine is rather clear, which is, really more important.

So, we don't know what to do... I'll get my blood-work numbers tomorrow.
Thoughts?
Hugs to all!
Sara H
I would probably wait. Although I wouldn't be happy about it:) The holidays are hectic enough on their own. I'd feel better waiting until after the holidays when the lives of everyone involved is a bit calmer and focused.
Quote
Share

Joined: May 20th, 2011, 1:32 pm

November 20th, 2011, 5:51 pm #4

So, I think we are sure we are going to do a cycle.
(How's that statement for certainty!)

But now...
1) It's a timing issue. Do we start this month? DH is on a huge holiday project which only gives him Mon-Tue off. There is no way he can be off on a Saturday. So that makes me nervous.
2) And: This will sounds silly but we were out last cycle and could not try (I was in another county!) and I feel like it's good luck to try before and IVF cycle... silly, I know!
3) And, of course, the dreaded Christmas issue. As romantic as it would eb to find out it worked at Christmas we could also be finding out it was a failure at Christmas. My DH LOVES Christmas... I don't want to ruin that for him.
4) DH's project has a 10% chance of becoming a job offer... which would include heath insurgence, but we would not know until after the holidays... which would be an ironic kick-in-the-butt if we did a cycle now.

On the other hand:
1) If my FSH is good we should do it!
2) Who knows what tomorrow could bring, if we have a chance now...
3) My grandparents are in their 90's. If we have a chance to tell them a g.g.kid is on the way I will feel horrible if I miss that due to delay.
4) We are EXCITED and want to try!
5) DH's schedule is bad-ish this cycle but mine is rather clear, which is, really more important.

So, we don't know what to do... I'll get my blood-work numbers tomorrow.
Thoughts?
Hugs to all!
Sara H
U waited all these time and just did TI, so just wait more month. First for the insurable outpost and 2nd for the holidays. Cooper is already unorganized as it is and I am sure with lack of staff for holidays and days of and blah blah, it would be even harder.
Quote
Like
Share

Cee
Cee

November 20th, 2011, 6:50 pm #5

So, I think we are sure we are going to do a cycle.
(How's that statement for certainty!)

But now...
1) It's a timing issue. Do we start this month? DH is on a huge holiday project which only gives him Mon-Tue off. There is no way he can be off on a Saturday. So that makes me nervous.
2) And: This will sounds silly but we were out last cycle and could not try (I was in another county!) and I feel like it's good luck to try before and IVF cycle... silly, I know!
3) And, of course, the dreaded Christmas issue. As romantic as it would eb to find out it worked at Christmas we could also be finding out it was a failure at Christmas. My DH LOVES Christmas... I don't want to ruin that for him.
4) DH's project has a 10% chance of becoming a job offer... which would include heath insurgence, but we would not know until after the holidays... which would be an ironic kick-in-the-butt if we did a cycle now.

On the other hand:
1) If my FSH is good we should do it!
2) Who knows what tomorrow could bring, if we have a chance now...
3) My grandparents are in their 90's. If we have a chance to tell them a g.g.kid is on the way I will feel horrible if I miss that due to delay.
4) We are EXCITED and want to try!
5) DH's schedule is bad-ish this cycle but mine is rather clear, which is, really more important.

So, we don't know what to do... I'll get my blood-work numbers tomorrow.
Thoughts?
Hugs to all!
Sara H
With the holidays coming up, and the hectic work schedule your DH has, I'd wait. Throwing in an IVF cycle would just make it all the more hectic. Do the TI cycle and then you have the good luck factor and won't wonder what if? GL with whatever you decide!
Quote
Share

Sara H
Sara H

November 22nd, 2011, 2:26 am #6

I did chose to not do this cycle. So, fingers crossed for next cycle!

Biggest factor ended up being the Christmas issue and that I would be doing a lot of it alone since DH was working so much. After the holidays he will be much more available. Plus, we wanted a cycle to try on our own, hopefully letting luck work it's possible magic!

Thank you for your help!
Hugs to all,
Sara H
Quote
Share