found out it's most likely hereditary

found out it's most likely hereditary

May 27th, 2011, 12:56 pm #1

so i found out that my DOR runs in the family....apparently my grandma went through menopause in her very early 40s...she only had my mom, (at age 20) and would always complain that she could never get pregnant again....(which is actually a whole different story, given that my grandparents hated each and slept in separate beds throughout their entire marriage).
ANYways, my mom had a hysterectomy at age 39 bc her reproductive system was "caving" in...so whatever that means, and my sister, who i am not close with at all, also most likely had DOR...i remember several years ago (she is 38 now) my mom telling me how she was getting results from doctors about going through early menopause, and issues with egg quantity/maybe quality. she also had endometriosis, which i do not have, and her cycles were always 20-23 days apart which mine are 26-29 days. so im sure we arent totally the same, but im almost positive we have similarities. crazy huh?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 27th, 2011, 1:14 pm #2

I am 32 and dr said i have DOR.But my FSH is 8 and AMH is 1.2ng. I have had 4 fresh cycle of ivf and have not gotton passed 5 cells on day 3. Dr does not know if its egg or sperm. My mom went into menopause at 37 and i have had aunts on my fathers side that could not concieve. It took my sister 4 years to concieve her first child and is trying now for over 2 years to have her second. Do you think its hereditary.

May 27th, 2011, 1:24 pm #3

my RE said that with DOR there is a genetic factor involved. - that they see it in DOR cases (although not with every case).
1.2 AMH is not bad...im a little suprised you were diagnosed with that. the FSH doesnt really matter once the AMH comes in....unless you get it checked every single month you know? if i hadnt gotten mine done last month, which i very well almost didnt bc it preceded my initial consult with my RE, i woud have just had my baselines from this month and it was 7.7...which would have been "in the normal range"...but my AMH is .34. so my RE is likely not to really care what my FSH is now...unless i suppose it completely sky rockets. anyways, at my clinic, they look for over .7-1.0 for ovarian reserve...if i had a 1.2 score, im not sure if i would have been diagnosed 100% with DOR. that is a good number! at least on the ng/ml scale.

.....im not convinced that women with DOR, especially younger women, cannot ever get pregnant. ive seen more women than not, with low AMH numbers, eventually conceive one way or the other....and im a very pessimistic person. and, i am actually proof, as 3 years ago, i had an AFC of 9 and conceived me son,first cycle TTC, not knowing i had DOR...then this year, first month we TTC, i got pregnant again but m/c. maybe i wll conceive again, maybe i wont...if i do, i know it could take a very long time....after my IVFs, we will most likely do two rounds, we will probably try naturally for another year and a half...after that,we will probably look into adoption...

AJ
AJ

May 27th, 2011, 1:55 pm #4

so i found out that my DOR runs in the family....apparently my grandma went through menopause in her very early 40s...she only had my mom, (at age 20) and would always complain that she could never get pregnant again....(which is actually a whole different story, given that my grandparents hated each and slept in separate beds throughout their entire marriage).
ANYways, my mom had a hysterectomy at age 39 bc her reproductive system was "caving" in...so whatever that means, and my sister, who i am not close with at all, also most likely had DOR...i remember several years ago (she is 38 now) my mom telling me how she was getting results from doctors about going through early menopause, and issues with egg quantity/maybe quality. she also had endometriosis, which i do not have, and her cycles were always 20-23 days apart which mine are 26-29 days. so im sure we arent totally the same, but im almost positive we have similarities. crazy huh?
I feel it's genetic for me as well. I have one sister and we are 8 years apart. She however, has 4 kids, had her first at 20 so I sure that worked in her favor. But like me suffered recurrent m/c. My mom also went through menopause in her early 40's.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 27th, 2011, 2:15 pm #5

my mom also went through early menopause n/t

May 28th, 2011, 12:02 am #6

Yes premature menopause is hereditary.