Facial skin changes due to progesterone??

Facial skin changes due to progesterone??

MargieD
MargieD

June 17th, 2011, 11:59 am #1

I feel silly for posting this, but has anyone experienced skin changes due to progesterone suppositories?

Since I started on it about five months ago, my face has been quite pimply. And it does not appear to be connected to PMS symptoms. I get them the entire month - even had a couple of big ones this week and I triggered on Sunday night. They're usually the kind that you love to pop even though you know you shouldn't!

I generally use Noxema and it works very well for me, but lately, though, it seems that I need something stronger.

I think, also, it's bothering me more right now because it's summer and I like to use less make up.

bigboy
bigboy

June 17th, 2011, 1:28 pm #2

i dont remember skin changes on this..i was on it for only 10 weeks though.

how are you feeling? you are like 2 dpo right?

MargieD
MargieD

June 17th, 2011, 1:58 pm #3

I have gone through so many 2wws that I try not to think about it anymore. I have had a lot of symptoms from progesterone that I don't even think about them anymore.

Just frustrated with my face this summer. I normally have pretty dry skin, but since starting the progesterone - it's been pretty oily (and pimply!). Drives me nuts. I feel like I'm a teenager again! LOL

Sara H
Sara H

June 17th, 2011, 5:18 pm #4

I feel silly for posting this, but has anyone experienced skin changes due to progesterone suppositories?

Since I started on it about five months ago, my face has been quite pimply. And it does not appear to be connected to PMS symptoms. I get them the entire month - even had a couple of big ones this week and I triggered on Sunday night. They're usually the kind that you love to pop even though you know you shouldn't!

I generally use Noxema and it works very well for me, but lately, though, it seems that I need something stronger.

I think, also, it's bothering me more right now because it's summer and I like to use less make up.
but the hormones shift all over make my chin break out like crazy... I hate it but it does tell me when there is a shift. I usually get one week of great skin, the estrogen seem to make me look a couple of years younger... then I look much younger as the pimple start. HATE IT!

I found CVS brand clearisl stuff works well. I was first, put that on, go to bed. Once the ouchy part is gone and its healing I put a little neosporan on it to help it heal.

Yeah, if only my face would tell my eggs to act they they are 18, too!