Estinyl

Estinyl

CookieCat
CookieCat

July 6th, 2012, 2:15 pm #1

I took 3 days of estinyl - and waiting labs - last time I took it I got FSH to 3.9, but estrogen was only 27. If the e2 is low again - is that an issue? What should it be?

In the past, I was between 50-80 for e2 and that was an issue was well.

LaurynD
LaurynD

July 6th, 2012, 3:54 pm #2

Hi,
The estinyl is used to bring down the FSH, but then they want to see the E2 rise to show that you are developing follicles. Sometimes the estinyl does a good job of bringing down the FSH, but then it oversuppresses you and prevents the E2 from rising. For me, they would then adjust (reduce) the dosage of estinyl.
Also something helpful that I have read is that a mature follicle (18mm+ on ultrasound) will have an E2 around 200. Of course, it takes some time to get up there.
Hope this helps!
laurynD

CookieCat
CookieCat

July 6th, 2012, 6:20 pm #3

Back in November I had the FSH in the single digits - accupuncture, wheat grass, etc. I have done 6 clomid cycles this year and this was the first time I checked it - I have not been doing the wheat grass - its now in the single digits ! I AM FREAKING OUT!

Could the clomid be part of the issue? I know you are only as good as your highest and this was not my highest, but feel I wasted the last 6 months if these were the #s!

Also, I think it may have been CD4, not 3 - cause of when I "started" I counted the next day - so possible it was day 4 - would that make a difference?

Estrogen was 16 - that seems low to me?

What does this mean?

Would estiynl help this?

Laura
Laura

July 6th, 2012, 9:33 pm #4

I took 3 days of estinyl - and waiting labs - last time I took it I got FSH to 3.9, but estrogen was only 27. If the e2 is low again - is that an issue? What should it be?

In the past, I was between 50-80 for e2 and that was an issue was well.
Were the FSH=3.9 and e2=27 CD3 numbers? Were your e2=50-80 readings also on CD3? I believe the e2 level SHOULD be less than 80 on CD3, so 50-80 is ok. 27 is on the lower end, but "low" is considered to be less than 20. FSH=3.9 is not at all high (it should be less than 10), so did they mention why they were putting you on estinyl?

Estinyl is a different molecule than e2, and although it has the same effect on your body, it doesn't change your e2 levels. Usually, if one has high FSH, they may be Rx'ed estinyl to lower FSH, but the Dr can continue to monitor e2 to see if your body is producing it.

Are you not ovulating? Do you know what your AFC is? Is that why you were put on clomid? Generally, Drs Rx for only 3 months and then move on if it's not working.