Erin

Erin

Houston
Houston

February 27th, 2012, 8:41 pm #1

Erin--are you cycling now? If so, how is it going?

melly
melly

February 27th, 2012, 10:04 pm #2

Hi Erin,
I am also wondering what are you upto ? if you would like stay off the board it is fine, too. Just curious. as you may remember I am also Dr.D patient and I have question for you about your protocol...

Thanks
Melly...

Erin
Erin

February 28th, 2012, 12:34 am #3

Erin--are you cycling now? If so, how is it going?
Thanks for thinking of me guys. I'm sorry I haven't been around too much lately- I've kind-of been holding my breath through this cycle, as I think I'm still a little shell-shocked from last my last cycle in October. I will say, this cycle has been about a million times more calm than the last one. So, my update- we went to ER yesterday. Early in the cycle I had about 7 follies growing, but then 2 took off with 1 other a bit behind. Dr. D decided to be conservative (which I appreciated) and trigger when the biggest one was 18. I went into ER thinking I would get 1-2 eggs, maybe 3 if I was REALLY lucky. I came out to find they had retrieved 5 eggs!!! Amazing given my history. I figured most of them were probably immature but I got a call this morning- 4 were mature and all 4 fertilized with ICSI!!! I can't believe we've gotten this far, but am still holding my breath and hoping for the best as there are obviously still many hurdles left to jump. ET is on Wednesday.

Suffice it to say I am a HUGE fan of Dr. D and a big low-stim convert. Melly- I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks again for thinking of me and please send "good embie growth" vibes if you get a chance!

Erin
Erin

February 28th, 2012, 12:38 am #4

Meant "thinking" not "thining." Not sure how you "thin" of someone...

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 28th, 2012, 12:39 am #5

Thanks for thinking of me guys. I'm sorry I haven't been around too much lately- I've kind-of been holding my breath through this cycle, as I think I'm still a little shell-shocked from last my last cycle in October. I will say, this cycle has been about a million times more calm than the last one. So, my update- we went to ER yesterday. Early in the cycle I had about 7 follies growing, but then 2 took off with 1 other a bit behind. Dr. D decided to be conservative (which I appreciated) and trigger when the biggest one was 18. I went into ER thinking I would get 1-2 eggs, maybe 3 if I was REALLY lucky. I came out to find they had retrieved 5 eggs!!! Amazing given my history. I figured most of them were probably immature but I got a call this morning- 4 were mature and all 4 fertilized with ICSI!!! I can't believe we've gotten this far, but am still holding my breath and hoping for the best as there are obviously still many hurdles left to jump. ET is on Wednesday.

Suffice it to say I am a HUGE fan of Dr. D and a big low-stim convert. Melly- I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks again for thinking of me and please send "good embie growth" vibes if you get a chance!
I am so thrilled for you! Hope the embies keep growing and are rockstars for your ET!! Keep us posted:-)

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 28th, 2012, 1:41 am #6

Awww Erin, that is just wonderful...and a great fertilization report to boot!! You must be thrilled!! Wishing you all the best on your ET...I really hope that this is it for you!! FX!!

Houston
Houston

February 28th, 2012, 1:45 am #7

Hi Erin,
I am also wondering what are you upto ? if you would like stay off the board it is fine, too. Just curious. as you may remember I am also Dr.D patient and I have question for you about your protocol...

Thanks
Melly...
Great news! Let us know how ET goes!

Erin
Erin

February 28th, 2012, 2:39 am #8

What is your plan? Have you decided on how to move forward? Thinking of you and hoping for a great next cycle for you, wherever you land!

Erin
Erin

February 28th, 2012, 2:50 am #9

I am thrilled, but I'm trying not to be because I'm really waiting for the other shoe to drop. Between the FSH being high last cycle, then this cycle and a 1 wk delay, then having 5 eggs from what looked like 2-3 viable eggs... wild. My follie sizes at trigger were 18mm, 16.5mm, 13.5mm and then a few 10s, E2 was only low 500s. No idea how 4 mature eggs came from that, but at very least I'm excited to know this can happen given my crappy history of IVF cycles (getting 4 eggs, 2 fert and didn't develop well, then another with just 1 damaged egg that didn't fert). And my LH actually went down during the cycle (it kept surging during my last one). Maybe the high stims were doing my eggs in and they don't just naturally suck after all! We'll see how it goes, but thanks so much for the good wishes!

AJ
AJ

February 28th, 2012, 3:43 am #10

Such a nice surprise to get more than you thought...It's so sad that we're always expecting bad news, but for now, everything is going great for you so stay positive!
Sending you and your embies lots of positive thought:)