Erin-Cornell travel

Erin-Cornell travel

Houston
Houston

April 10th, 2012, 9:07 pm #1

Well, it is confirmed. I have made my flight/hotel arrangements. I will be there April 17th. I have co-culture on the 19th and leave later that day. I am so glad to get this step out of the way, but really disappointed they could not move my blood test to later in the day (it would have shortened my stay by a day). Let me know if you will be there at this time and maybe we can meet up.

Erin
Erin

April 10th, 2012, 10:16 pm #2

That's exciting! They are really inflexible with that co-culture lab work- it is really inconvenient having to be there on the morning before the bx, but what can you do... I'm waiting on AF and then I'll know more around my timing (it seems my whole life is centered around my menstrual cycle these days... good times! ). I'm guessing I might be there a couple days after you, but I'll let you know when I know more- it would be great if it worked out that we could meet up!

Houston
Houston

April 11th, 2012, 8:30 pm #3

Great! Let me know.

I ended up booking my hotel for my cycle (planning on going there on April 29th) at the Helmsley?? or whatever the hotel affilated with Cornell is called. It is $255 per night and they will not charge taxes. Do you think this is the best I can get? Were you able to find anywhere cheaper (that is safe)?

Erin
Erin

April 11th, 2012, 10:02 pm #4

...I got a rate at another hotel that was quite a bit cheaper (and was very nice), but it was February when no one wants to be in NYC. It's going to be hard to find a good deal this time of year. I'm not booking until last minute since the best rates all seem to be non-refundable these days and who knows when I'll end up having to go out there... I'll let you know if I come up with something good!

April 12th, 2012, 12:07 am #5

Well, it is confirmed. I have made my flight/hotel arrangements. I will be there April 17th. I have co-culture on the 19th and leave later that day. I am so glad to get this step out of the way, but really disappointed they could not move my blood test to later in the day (it would have shortened my stay by a day). Let me know if you will be there at this time and maybe we can meet up.
For daily monitoring, I commute back and forth to Manhattan which is a hike from where we live in NJ. However for ER, we stay in Manhattan. I usually book using hotwire.com or we'll stay at a Vikram Chatwal hotel if other hotels are too expensive. The rooms are small, but the vibe is a bit hipster and upbeat so I like it.

I haven't tried the "Hemsley" hotel rooms through Cornell though.

Houston
Houston

April 13th, 2012, 3:24 pm #6

Thanks!

Nancy
Nancy

April 13th, 2012, 6:28 pm #7

Great! Let me know.

I ended up booking my hotel for my cycle (planning on going there on April 29th) at the Helmsley?? or whatever the hotel affilated with Cornell is called. It is $255 per night and they will not charge taxes. Do you think this is the best I can get? Were you able to find anywhere cheaper (that is safe)?
Hi! I was recently in Manhattan and I stayed at the Wellington. It was clean and right off central park and I think it was $95. This was in January but if you go to orbitz or Expedia I am sure you can fi d something reasonable and u can see everyone's reviews. The rooms were small but it was okay since I was only there one night and it was one block to the subway. Not sure how close to Cornell though. Good luck with everything!