Drop in E2 between CD5 - CD 7 - Good or Bad?

Drop in E2 between CD5 - CD 7 - Good or Bad?

MargieD
MargieD

May 9th, 2011, 9:34 pm #1

Need help figuring out these numbers...

I'm an OOT patient with Dr. Check. Lab didn't report my Saturday B/W results to Dr. Check until this morning. GRRR!!! I thought I was on track until I saw my E2 (and FSH) drop between CD5 & CD7. Is this good or bad?? They want me to do 75 units of Bravelle tonight and go back again tomorrow.

I ovulated at CD8-CD9 last month, but I'm wondering if I've already ovulated over the weekend. This is driving me nuts.

Day 2
E2 - 46
FSH - 9
Progesterone - 1.7
LH - 3

Day 5
E2 - 95
FSH - 7
Progesterone - .7
LH - 6

Day 7
E2 - 56
FSH - 5
Progesterone - 1.5
LH - 5

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 9th, 2011, 11:11 pm #2

Dr. Check doesn't think a drop means a lot, as far as I know, but Dr. Cho does think it means a drop in egg quality. It does look like from your P4 that ovulation will be soon, but not enough rise in your LH yet. Good luck.

MargieD
MargieD

May 9th, 2011, 11:51 pm #3

Thanks for the info. I am wondering the same thing about the drop in egg quality. Also wondering why he put me on Bravelle and not Cetrotide. Or maybe because it's too late in the cycle for Cetrotide??

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 10th, 2011, 12:43 am #4

they are not interchangeable.

Bravelle is to grow the follies and Cetrotide is to control the LH surge. Cooper normally introduces Cetrotide when the lead follie reaches 14MM in an IVF cycle.

I'm not sure why/if they would use an antagonist in a natural *timed intercourse* cycle since you're not looking to time things for an egg retrieval and are not looking to hold off a lead so other follies can grow.

MargieD
MargieD

May 10th, 2011, 12:53 am #5

I had about five follicles worth measuring this morning - all over 10 mm, I believe - one about 13 mm, if I remember correctly...

I thought he would put me on Cetrotide to prevent the surge - since I ovulate early (between CD8-10) and give me Bravelle to allow the follicles to grow...

I thought that was the plan?? Maybe that's why they want me to come in tomorrow - to see if the lead follicle is at least 14 mm...

Was telling DH that we definitely need to make an appointment with Dr. Check...

The E2 drop is really bothering me, though...

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 10th, 2011, 12:55 am #6

Need help figuring out these numbers...

I'm an OOT patient with Dr. Check. Lab didn't report my Saturday B/W results to Dr. Check until this morning. GRRR!!! I thought I was on track until I saw my E2 (and FSH) drop between CD5 & CD7. Is this good or bad?? They want me to do 75 units of Bravelle tonight and go back again tomorrow.

I ovulated at CD8-CD9 last month, but I'm wondering if I've already ovulated over the weekend. This is driving me nuts.

Day 2
E2 - 46
FSH - 9
Progesterone - 1.7
LH - 3

Day 5
E2 - 95
FSH - 7
Progesterone - .7
LH - 6

Day 7
E2 - 56
FSH - 5
Progesterone - 1.5
LH - 5
why the E2 drop. The LH values do not seem to indicate a surge. Yes, the P4 looks like it's creeping up as if a surge is on its way but with an LH of 5 on CD 7 doesn't seem likely especially considering that your CD 2 LH was 3.

As for thinking that maybe you ovulated on Sunday, between the Saturday and Monday results, given the drop in E2...I'm inclined to say not likely because there's not enough of an LH drop. Basically your LH didn't even move. Normally it takes a slower drive down.

I think the best you can do is just what Cooper is instructing, which is continue the boost and see what the next monitoring shows.

Btw, are you on estinyl? Your CD2 E2/FSH numbers look good!

MargieD
MargieD

May 10th, 2011, 1:05 am #7

No - I'm not estinyl.

Last September or October - with RE #3 - my FSH measured at 20. (I promise - I saw the paperwork!!) Got the you-know-what speech.

Last four months of monitoring with Dr. Check - my FSH has averaged 7-9 with E2 ranging from 45-79. This was the best month - I thought - so I had hopes. Was shocked to see that my E2 dropped - just like two months ago.

I've been wondering if progesterone can help normalize cycles??? Or if RE #3 simply inflated my numbers because he didn't want to work with me.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 10th, 2011, 1:12 am #8

If you have the patience (I know it's HARD as all heck!) see what comes of this. Don't lose hope. It seems like your numbers have been under control the past few cycles without needing any meds so that is very positive! Now it's just a matter of growing a good follie or 2 and getting it to stick. Definitely schedule a callback with Dr. Check to do a re-assessment.

MargieD
MargieD

May 10th, 2011, 1:13 am #9

No - I'm not estinyl.

Last September or October - with RE #3 - my FSH measured at 20. (I promise - I saw the paperwork!!) Got the you-know-what speech.

Last four months of monitoring with Dr. Check - my FSH has averaged 7-9 with E2 ranging from 45-79. This was the best month - I thought - so I had hopes. Was shocked to see that my E2 dropped - just like two months ago.

I've been wondering if progesterone can help normalize cycles??? Or if RE #3 simply inflated my numbers because he didn't want to work with me.
Last month - I had pretty good numbers with a lead follicle coming from my left ovary.

This month - it seems that the follicles on my right ovary are fighting to become the lead follicle - with sucky numbers (my words - I know...).

In my case - there seems to be a pattern - alternating between good numbers and bad numbers.

Wondering if I should scrap this cycle and try again next month with the left/better ovary. I've already taken the Bravelle and will see what they say tomorrow.

BLAH!!! It's one of those nights!

MargieD
MargieD

May 10th, 2011, 1:18 am #10

If you have the patience (I know it's HARD as all heck!) see what comes of this. Don't lose hope. It seems like your numbers have been under control the past few cycles without needing any meds so that is very positive! Now it's just a matter of growing a good follie or 2 and getting it to stick. Definitely schedule a callback with Dr. Check to do a re-assessment.
Was feeling pretty bummed tonight... this stuff is hard...

Definitely need to talk to Dr. Check. We saw him in February...and I feel like we're in a TOTALLY different place than we were back then....