CD12 & just one follicle :(

CD12 & just one follicle :(

Cee
Cee

May 13th, 2011, 4:08 pm #1

I am on my 4th cycle with Check and just got back from a monitoring appt. I am on CD12 and I guess the good news is that I finally have a follicle going. On both CD2 & CD8 I had nothing.

I've yet to have a medicated cycle. On my own I've always had a least a couple of follicles so now I am just so depressed and wondering about moving on. My highest FSH is 64. This cycle it was 30 on CD2. I just wonder if I'm being unrealistic about my situation.

I feel like a fool getting my u/s with my ONE follicle.

My cousin, who doesn't have high FSH but has DOR says not to move on until I've tried a cycle with stims. My husband says the same thing. I don't know what to do.

Thanks to gisg and Mrs A for the St Anne prayers, I've been saying them everyday. I think they fall on deaf ears though.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 13th, 2011, 4:59 pm #2

it is frustrating. I have had the same problem. Can I ask your age? I have only done low stim to give the follicle a small bboost...with high fsh high stims may not be the best thing

Cee
Cee

May 13th, 2011, 5:09 pm #3

I'm worried that if I ever have the chance to stim that it won't be any different.

LNY
LNY

May 13th, 2011, 5:16 pm #4

I am on my 4th cycle with Check and just got back from a monitoring appt. I am on CD12 and I guess the good news is that I finally have a follicle going. On both CD2 & CD8 I had nothing.

I've yet to have a medicated cycle. On my own I've always had a least a couple of follicles so now I am just so depressed and wondering about moving on. My highest FSH is 64. This cycle it was 30 on CD2. I just wonder if I'm being unrealistic about my situation.

My cousin, who doesn't have high FSH but has DOR says not to move on until I've tried a cycle with stims. My husband says the same thing. I don't know what to do.

Thanks to gisg and Mrs A for the St Anne prayers, I've been saying them everyday. I think they fall on deaf ears though.
You shouldn't feel like a fool at all! You only need one good egg and for women with very high fsh, doing natural ivf on just one follicle is often the best way rather than trying to do IVF as it tends to shut some of us down. What size was the follicle? Remember that every time you ovulate, you've got a chance, so hang in there and do try and keep your spirits up as you never know what your body will do.

JulesM
JulesM

May 13th, 2011, 5:18 pm #5

I also think trying stim is a good idea. I think that may give you a better picture. It is such an individual choice though. If you are ready to move on and won't look back thinking "what if's" then if is a great option. But if having a genetic child is important for you I think you should give at least one stimmed cycle a try.

Sara H
Sara H

May 13th, 2011, 5:33 pm #6

If you think you have it in you one more round with some stim would just clear out the "what ifs?" and might just work but, if you are ready to move on that totally makes sense.

But, at least you do have one, so there is hope. And prayers, I believe, never fall on deaf ears, there might just be another plan.

Huge hugs to you and feel better if you can,
Sara H.

Cee
Cee

May 13th, 2011, 5:43 pm #7

LNY, the follicle was 11.7.

I'm going to see what Check/Cooper says when they call with the results this afternoon. I wish we didn't have MFI too, it just makes it that much harder every time knowing that we have to rely on donor sperm and can't give it a go ourselves.

MargieD
MargieD

May 13th, 2011, 6:04 pm #8

In women with normal FSH levels, they will produce so many follicles on CD2, but ONLY ONE (and sometimes two) will become the lead dominant follicle with an egg.

If this is an unmedicated / natural cycle, then I think the fact that you have a lead dominant follicle is GOOD. The key is to work with that dominant follicle... (us High FSH women don't always get mature eggs when we ovulate...)

We beat ourselves up because we think we're supposed to produce more than one or two on natural cycles.

Ladies - do I have my science wrong?? Isn't this what happens in a normal cycle??

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 13th, 2011, 6:11 pm #9

Some women may ovulate 2 and hence how you get fraternal twins. But in a normal unmedicated cycle the expected result is just ONE. The lead is supposed to be a reflection of the body selecting the best egg in play that month and bring it to the surface.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 13th, 2011, 6:24 pm #10

you haven't been doing any stim drugs therefore the normal expected result is to have just one lead follie every month. Foolish would be to expect to go in for a CD 12 u/s and have more than one dominant follie ready to ovulate when you haven't had any stim drugs. Even with a stim boost, you are hoping to generate a nice mature follie not necessarily multiple follies.

You mention that on your own you have always had a couple of follies. Do you mean that you have had an AFC of a couple of follies each month or that you have actually had a couple of follies ovulate every month?

I'll say to you what I said to MargieD. You're having cycling fatigue. You're on the wheel and nothing's happening. Maybe you need a break or maybe you need to move to next step with stims or IVF. But don't give up without first giving yourself another and different chance.

Don't stop praying, dear. Request to intercede not only for your baby but ask for mental clarity too.