Can you recommend another doctor after 4 failed ivf's

Can you recommend another doctor after 4 failed ivf's

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 14th, 2011, 9:44 pm #1

Can anyone recommend a doctor to me. I live in pennsylvania. I have been seeing dr check in nj. i just failed my 4th ivf with him. im 33.

1st ivf 3 eggs - antagonist protocol with ganerlix
2nd- 10 eggs- antagonist
3rd- 1 egg no ganerlix
4th- 9 eggs- lupron stop protocol(10 days)

My 4th ivf is the first time we ever got to a 6 cell on day 3. we had 4 fertilize with dh sperm and we got 3, 4, 5, and 6 cell. we also had 2 fertilize fron a donor which was 6, 7 cell.

The quality was better with dh than donor. Dh got 1B & 2B'S. The donor got 2C & 3C

We did donor this time too because we wanted to rule out that it was the sperm, BUT my dh got to a 6 cell for the first time in 4 ivf'S and out of a total of 18 embryos.
So we are back at square one, is it sperm or egg.

I dont know if we should just move on to donor egg.

Can you recommend a excellent doctor that i could get a second opinion with . Thanks

Jamie
Jamie

August 14th, 2011, 10:05 pm #2

I dramatically improved my egg quality from age 38 to 39 through a regimen of antioxidants and chinese herbs. They went from "dark and grainy" on my first IVF to "looking good" and now I have a four month-old healthy girl from my second IVF. There are some of us here who have had some success with these regimens.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 14th, 2011, 10:13 pm #3

Hi thanks for reply. Yes i have tried everything form acc to melatonin, inositol to royal jelly and even adderall for egg quality.
I am so fustrated and dont know what to do or where to go from here.

Rose
Rose

August 14th, 2011, 10:39 pm #4

I dramatically improved my egg quality from age 38 to 39 through a regimen of antioxidants and chinese herbs. They went from "dark and grainy" on my first IVF to "looking good" and now I have a four month-old healthy girl from my second IVF. There are some of us here who have had some success with these regimens.
Hi Jamie,

Thats awesome you have a 4 month old baby girl. Congrats. I lurk on this board and have seen some posts by you in the past.

What supplements/regiments did you use to better your egg qualiy? Can you please provide details?

Rose

BabyDance
BabyDance

August 15th, 2011, 3:57 am #5

Can anyone recommend a doctor to me. I live in pennsylvania. I have been seeing dr check in nj. i just failed my 4th ivf with him. im 33.

2nd- 10 eggs- antagonist
3rd- 1 egg no ganerlix

My 4th ivf is the first time we ever got to a 6 cell on day 3. we had 4 fertilize with dh sperm and we got 3, 4, 5, and 6 cell. we also had 2 fertilize fron a donor which was 6, 7 cell.

The quality was better with dh than donor. Dh got 1B & 2B'S. The donor got 2C & 3C

We did donor this time too because we wanted to rule out that it was the sperm, BUT my dh got to a 6 cell for the first time in 4 ivf'S and out of a total of 18 embryos.

Can you recommend a excellent doctor that i could get a second opinion with . Thanks
As much as I hated them, I'd go to Cornell. How's that for a ringing endorsement?? I'm just too tapped out of eggs for their protocols - but you aren't. I'm 40. If I were your age, and I did 4 with Check, I'd move to Cornell. Or NYU too. Of course, if money were no object, and time - Colorado. I'm sure you are asking local, but NY is not that far. Good luck.

August 15th, 2011, 7:41 am #6

2nd- 10 eggs- antagonist
3rd- 1 egg no ganerlix

I would go to ccrm. They r super pricy but they have great stats.

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,1st IVf with 2 follicle failed abnormal egg didnt fertilize, DE speech Ugh...

maureen
maureen

August 15th, 2011, 1:36 pm #7

2nd- 10 eggs- antagonist
3rd- 1 egg no ganerlix

I know it's been a while, but a few people back in 2008 went to abington to do co-culture like cornell does. Pam and I think Carolyn both got pg there. For me abington would be much easier than going to nyc, but they didn't like my age and fsh. Since you are younger, they might work with you.

Another place I know people have gone with high fsh is Penn and Main Line.

I know check is a great, innovative doc for us fshers, but I've wondered about his ivf lab quality recently. I just don't see the ivf pg #'s like I did a few years ago. I think it's smart to try something different after 4 tries.

GL!
Maureen

Jamie
Jamie

August 15th, 2011, 3:46 pm #8

Hi Jamie,

Thats awesome you have a 4 month old baby girl. Congrats. I lurk on this board and have seen some posts by you in the past.

What supplements/regiments did you use to better your egg qualiy? Can you please provide details?

Rose
1) 400mg CoQ10 and 400mg Ubiquinol, split into two equal doses and taken with breakfast and dinner
2) Chinese "yin" herbs that I think helped optimize my hormonal environment

Good luck!

sch1star
sch1star

August 15th, 2011, 3:59 pm #9

2nd- 10 eggs- antagonist
3rd- 1 egg no ganerlix

I don't think I'd move on to DE until you try a different lab, or at least a consult somewhere else. Cornell and CCRM are good places to start and have really good embryology reputations. For freezing I think CCRM has the edge. Best of luck to you.

BabyDance
BabyDance

August 15th, 2011, 6:12 pm #10

I know it's been a while, but a few people back in 2008 went to abington to do co-culture like cornell does. Pam and I think Carolyn both got pg there. For me abington would be much easier than going to nyc, but they didn't like my age and fsh. Since you are younger, they might work with you.

Another place I know people have gone with high fsh is Penn and Main Line.

I know check is a great, innovative doc for us fshers, but I've wondered about his ivf lab quality recently. I just don't see the ivf pg #'s like I did a few years ago. I think it's smart to try something different after 4 tries.

GL!
Maureen
Agreed,Check lab seems to be a problem. nt.