Blood Levels interpretation

Blood Levels interpretation

Lisa
Lisa

July 9th, 2012, 9:04 am #1

Hi all,

Thanks a mill to those who responded to my queries re AMH and DH SA. My doctor just rang with my blood results and so confused now with FSH level and AMH!!

AMH is .33
FSH is 5.2
LH is 4.7
E is 364 (not sure the measurement unit for this, im in Europe)

Day 21 will be taken next week.

So my question is why is FSH in the normal range and AMH is very bad level at 0.33?

Shouldn't my FSH be very very high cos of AMH being so so low?

Hope somone can help me interupt this for me

Jainee
Jainee

July 9th, 2012, 11:41 am #2

Hi I just converted your E2 364 x .272 = 99 (American values) Were these tests done on day 3 of your cycle? If yes the higher E2 might be masking the true FSH levels. And that't why you are seeing such low fsh score. However if its not day 3 you could just have low ovarian reserve......... Hope that helps Jainee

Lisa
Lisa

July 9th, 2012, 1:27 pm #3

Really? so my fsh wld be higher cos of Estrogen level being so high. Think im doomed so eh, last month didn't ovulate and prob haven't for a long time i'd say.

He told me at day 3 that progrestrone was 0.6 so that's prob bad aswell (Day 21 last month was 18 and it shoudl have been above 30 he said to ovulate).

Thanks for replying so fast

Jainee
Jainee

July 9th, 2012, 4:24 pm #4

If you are still getting periods you are DOR - diminished ovarian reserve and with the correct protocol and lots of patience you - checking with an ovulation monitor you can hopefully catch the golden egg. Also are you taking any supplements? COQ10, fish oils some say DHEA and perhaps the other ladies can suggest others..........
Don't give up just yet!!

Laura
Laura

July 10th, 2012, 4:37 am #5

Really? so my fsh wld be higher cos of Estrogen level being so high. Think im doomed so eh, last month didn't ovulate and prob haven't for a long time i'd say.

He told me at day 3 that progrestrone was 0.6 so that's prob bad aswell (Day 21 last month was 18 and it shoudl have been above 30 he said to ovulate).

Thanks for replying so fast
I hope this is a units issue bc here in the us I've been told a p4 of above 5 is sufficient to confirm ovulation. I answered your post below at length. Did you see it?

Lisa
Lisa

July 10th, 2012, 7:33 am #6

Hi all,

Thanks a mill to those who responded to my queries re AMH and DH SA. My doctor just rang with my blood results and so confused now with FSH level and AMH!!

AMH is .33
FSH is 5.2
LH is 4.7
E is 364 (not sure the measurement unit for this, im in Europe)

Day 21 will be taken next week.

So my question is why is FSH in the normal range and AMH is very bad level at 0.33?

Shouldn't my FSH be very very high cos of AMH being so so low?

Hope somone can help me interupt this for me
Thanks girls - must take a trip to the health shop for supplies of tablets - I did ask my gynae a while back would she recommend anything to take and she said NO as all tablets that you girls take is not scientifically proven so therefore they do not recommend anything.

For me, I'm going to start them cos my body/hormons is out of whack so what harm can it do, as now i know i am not ovulating, high fsh, low amh, low antral follicles (3 in total when scanned when I first done IVF 7 yrs ago) will find out soon how many I have as i'm starting it again 7 yrs later, back then AMH was not tested as it is fairly new in Ireland where I live and with it being 0.33 now, there might be none there!!!

I must say without this board with full of information, i would have gone crazy becasue when you google something about our condition - Its coming up that i am doomed. Cried a little last night becasuse of my 39 yr old body is failing me even more than when I first started this journey almost 8 yrs ago.

I think for me what hurts the most is not having a choice whether I would like a baby or not, this decision has been made when I was born - and that's tough to come to terms with.

Sorry for rant lol

Laura
Laura

July 11th, 2012, 3:04 am #7

Yeah, most Dr's won't recommend these supplements, but for the most part they won't hurt (DHEA is known to give some people issues, so maybe ask your Dr to test for a deficiency first).

I didn't know you had IVF before. I actually thought you were another Lisa that seems to have posted once and then not come back. I'm sorry that you're having to go through this again.