BFN

BFN

Sara Q
Sara Q

February 1st, 2012, 8:16 pm #1

Just got the call on the beta. Strangely, I am kind of shocked. I think I actually did think there was a chance this would work.

I can't help but believe that something else is wrong with me besides DOR and poor egg quality. As of today, I am a 33 year old woman who has had 4 IVFs and 5 IUIs - all of which produced at least 6-8 follicles each time. And we've actually implanted 11 embryos during IVFs alone. (This is not to mention the numerous unmedicated TI cycles that we've done in the past 2 1/2 years.)

Oh my. Writing that makes me ANGRY! I just wish someone could tell me what was wrong. Even if they then told me there was nothing that could be done, I just want to know what is wrong.

b&a72
b&a72

February 1st, 2012, 8:24 pm #2

Have all of your IVF cycles been high stim? Have you spoke to Dr. Check?

teresa
teresa

February 1st, 2012, 8:29 pm #3

Just got the call on the beta. Strangely, I am kind of shocked. I think I actually did think there was a chance this would work.

I can't help but believe that something else is wrong with me besides DOR and poor egg quality. As of today, I am a 33 year old woman who has had 4 IVFs and 5 IUIs - all of which produced at least 6-8 follicles each time. And we've actually implanted 11 embryos during IVFs alone. (This is not to mention the numerous unmedicated TI cycles that we've done in the past 2 1/2 years.)

Oh my. Writing that makes me ANGRY! I just wish someone could tell me what was wrong. Even if they then told me there was nothing that could be done, I just want to know what is wrong.
Sarah Q I'm so, so sorry to hear this.

You mentioned you'll be going to see Dr C heck in late February and I am so glad that you are. I believe when you go there, and sit with him, he will make you feel alot better and you will leave feeling hopeful again. I really do. I did. I was feeling so bad before I went, he gave me back that hope and belief.

The nurses at the front desk told me he works miracles and when you're having trouble, he's THE man. Please carry this in your pocket, especially now.

I'm thinking of you. Hugs to you.

XOXOXO

Jamie
Jamie

February 1st, 2012, 8:34 pm #4

So sorry, Sara. Something else is up, and I highly doubt that it's your egg quality. Some avenues to pursue:

1) your husband's sperm. Are you with Check? He does some sort of test to check for swelling. There's also the SCSA which checks the sperms' DNA.

2) complete immune panel. I wonder if something is preventing implantation or causing very early miscarriages.

Big hugs, wishing you the best.

Sara Q
Sara Q

February 1st, 2012, 8:37 pm #5

Have all of your IVF cycles been high stim? Have you spoke to Dr. Check?
Hi b&a,

Those are great questions. All the IVFs have been high stim, but the IUIs were low stim, including this one. And I stimmed really well, with 5 mature follicles. However, I do have an appointment with Dr. Check at the end of the month. I live across the country and have had a hard time getting to NJ. But you better believe I am going to go to him after this.

February 1st, 2012, 8:42 pm #6

Sara u have never done low dose IVF, maybe that would be the trick. Don't loose hope, I hope Dr check will be able to help u and solve the puzzle.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 1st, 2012, 8:56 pm #7

Sara,
I am very sorry and also wonder if there is something else going on. I have done 5 IUI's and 2IVF's with not even a chemical pg resulting. I am going to try a low stim IVF and see what happens. I hope you can figure out how to get to see Dr. C.heck or at least a local RE that will try low stim. Hugs to you. I know how tired you must be of all this. It sucks.

February 1st, 2012, 9:01 pm #8

I think you may do well with a low stim IVF. I hope Dr. Check can give you some answers. Also check into immune issues. There might be something that is preventing implantation. Sorry for the BFN.

AJ
AJ

February 1st, 2012, 9:51 pm #9

and I understand your anger. I echo everyone else who says that a visit to C.heck seems like the best next move. I know it will be hard to make the trek across the country, but will be so worth it. Take care of yourself-

mel
mel

February 1st, 2012, 9:57 pm #10

Glad you have plans in place for moving forward and best of luck with your visit to Dr. C.heck.