Beta Question (possible chemical pg mentioned)...

Beta Question (possible chemical pg mentioned)...

rose
rose

May 11th, 2012, 8:30 pm #1

I had an FSH IUI done this month and I got my Beta results today (12dpo).

The RE called and said Beta is 4.7 and wants me to come in on Monday for a repeat check. I asked if this is considered a chemical pregnancy or a not pregnant status since beta is under 5.0. Her response was that, she likes to see less than 1.0 to be considered not pregnant.

Based on your experience, would you classify this as a chemical pregnancy? I know I have to wait until Monday to get more answers but I would love to hear your opinion.

BTW, the RE did not check my P4 levels and will do so on Monday.

Rose

Houston
Houston

May 11th, 2012, 9:35 pm #2

I think they are usually looking for 50 14 dpo. It is possible you just had a late implanter. So I think there is no way to know until Monday to see if your beta doubles. I don't like when docs test so early. 12dpo is pretty early.
Good luck! Keep us updated.

Tracy
Tracy

May 11th, 2012, 10:41 pm #3

The RE called and said Beta is 4.7 and wants me to come in on Monday for a repeat check. I asked if this is considered a chemical pregnancy or a not pregnant status since beta is under 5.0. Her response was that, she likes to see less than 1.0 to be considered not pregnant.

Based on your experience, would you classify this as a chemical pregnancy? I know I have to wait until Monday to get more answers but I would love to hear your opinion.

Rose
If so it could be left over trigger shot. If not, it sounds like something is trying to happen. I had a few betas around 3 with no trigger shot and I always wondered where that HCG was coming from.....figured maybe a chemical. Yours could still be on the way up. I would do repeat beta in 2 days. Good luck!!

xoxo, Tracy

rose
rose

May 11th, 2012, 11:05 pm #4

Rose
...perhaps some hcg is still lingering around. Thanks, I never thought of that

Lets see what monday brings.

Rose