Are you making a holiday card?? kids ment

Are you making a holiday card?? kids ment

anna
anna

December 2nd, 2011, 3:11 am #1

So every year we make personalized holiday card with our pictures and send it, ha-ha, whats the point anymore???? the whole purpose sending the pic is for an update in the family!! We are still the same childless couple. DH wants to do it again, but I dont honestly have patient to take a picture and waste money on it, so we have a little of a situation here!!!!! we started receiving holiday card every day from our friends and they are all with family and kids!! Honestly I just like to shred each card without opening the envelope!!!! This is so sad, everything reminds us of our sad lives

Sara Q
Sara Q

December 2nd, 2011, 3:27 am #2

He's got these cute little reindeer ears that we're going to put on him. I may be sad about not having a kid, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let those people say that.

I am glad that our friends and family send the cards, but when i get them and can't deal, I just put them in a pile. I don't display them at all. Why torture ourselves, right?

Love to you Anna.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 2nd, 2011, 3:42 am #3

So every year we make personalized holiday card with our pictures and send it, ha-ha, whats the point anymore???? the whole purpose sending the pic is for an update in the family!! We are still the same childless couple. DH wants to do it again, but I dont honestly have patient to take a picture and waste money on it, so we have a little of a situation here!!!!! we started receiving holiday card every day from our friends and they are all with family and kids!! Honestly I just like to shred each card without opening the envelope!!!! This is so sad, everything reminds us of our sad lives
DH is very against photo holiday cards. He finds them to be self-indulgent. Personally, I did enjoy seeing friends' families, especially when you don't have day to day contact, even while we were TTC. But I do see how it can be very painful for some recipients, i.e. couples TTC.

Just today DH reminded me that we're not doing a photo card with our baby included. I'm OK with that. But even if he was OK with a photo card, knowing what I know now, I think I would be very selective about who I send it to.

Why not take a holiday photo of just the 2 of you, not as a reminder of being a childless couple as you say, but as a memento of your marriage? You don't have to send it as a card but keep it as your own keepsake.

I hope your sadness ends soon!!!

Sara H
Sara H

December 2nd, 2011, 3:48 am #4

We do one every year because we ARE a family! We use a fun picture from the year, a trip or a party we were at, something like that. Sometimes it's not card worthy alone so we find a beautiful card to send and just print the picture and put it in there.

If you don't want to do a pic find some lovely card about the season and send that.

The cards don't bother me... what bothers me is the letters! Ha! "Everything is wonderful here in Wonderful-ville! It was a wonderful year of wonderful things that make our lives perfectly wonderful!" Now, those bug me! And the printed picture cards that people don't even sign... they just have a printed signature and typed address...

Now, that bothers me!

Good luck, Anna, don't do it if you don't want to but don't let it ruin your season!

December 2nd, 2011, 4:33 am #5

I will see how it goes, I honestly don't want to spend the money on dome thing that bothers me. But I have to respect DH wish as well.

Age=28
FSH=77, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,AFC 2, cash pay

3/2011 IVF #1 : 2 follicle, failed abnormal egg didn't fertilize

From 3/2011-9/2011 went to Re every other week and had a cyst or low AFC and couldn't start IVF

9/2011 IVF #2: EPP, stim for 15 long days, 1 follicle only, sudden E2 drop @ stim day 14,converted to IUI, BFN

bigboy
bigboy

December 2nd, 2011, 2:23 pm #6

like sending out pretty sparkly cards as opposed to the family photos. just my preference. i think those are prettier and way more fun : )

CarolAnn
CarolAnn

December 2nd, 2011, 4:13 pm #7

Awww I totally understand. A couple of times we did one with our dogs. We took it by the christmas tree and it was really cute. Alot of people commented that they liked it. But if you're not up to doing it, don't worry about it. Do what works for you

December 2nd, 2011, 5:59 pm #8

but I do mind if the picture only has the children in it and not the entire family. Most of the people who I receive these from are distant friends and I have never met their children or a friend who is so busy with their children's lives that they no longer have room for me. I'd much rather see a picture of my friend then some kid I've never met and possibly will never get to see.

If I received a card of a couple with no children, my immediates thoughts would be "good for them". I totally get it If you just aren't into it this year, but honestly I think it's a cute idea.

Laura
Laura

December 2nd, 2011, 7:36 pm #9

I will see how it goes, I honestly don't want to spend the money on dome thing that bothers me. But I have to respect DH wish as well.

Age=28
FSH=77, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,AFC 2, cash pay

3/2011 IVF #1 : 2 follicle, failed abnormal egg didn't fertilize

From 3/2011-9/2011 went to Re every other week and had a cyst or low AFC and couldn't start IVF

9/2011 IVF #2: EPP, stim for 15 long days, 1 follicle only, sudden E2 drop @ stim day 14,converted to IUI, BFN
Most digital cameras have a 10-sec timer; some even have a 10-sec timer and then take multiple images. That's how DH and I take ours every year. It takes almost no time, it's free and the pictures look great! Alternatively, you can put together a few of your favorite images of the year. Sometimes we include pictures not of us if we went traveling or something (pretty unique flowers or trees, etc).

I recommend using shutterfly.com to print the pictures. They have tons of stock holiday-type cards. We just upload the image, and our address book to the site, and it takes care of addressing and mailing for us. We don't have to look at stacks of the photos or extras left over. I'm sure your family loves to get the photo of you and DH.

December 2nd, 2011, 7:49 pm #10

We do one every year because we ARE a family! We use a fun picture from the year, a trip or a party we were at, something like that. Sometimes it's not card worthy alone so we find a beautiful card to send and just print the picture and put it in there.

If you don't want to do a pic find some lovely card about the season and send that.

The cards don't bother me... what bothers me is the letters! Ha! "Everything is wonderful here in Wonderful-ville! It was a wonderful year of wonderful things that make our lives perfectly wonderful!" Now, those bug me! And the printed picture cards that people don't even sign... they just have a printed signature and typed address...

Now, that bothers me!

Good luck, Anna, don't do it if you don't want to but don't let it ruin your season!
has unfortunately made EVERY day one of those stupid Christmas letters. Seriously. No one's life is as perfect as a Christmas card or their FB profile!

You are a family. I like both of the Sara's points. We always sent one out with a picture from our vacation or a cute candid from a party.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally