anyone else religious out there?

anyone else religious out there?

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 14th, 2011, 1:44 pm #1

When I first started this journey, I would pray hard because I believed that G-d would ultimately hear your prayers and respond. Now, after so many years of unanswered prayers, I figure why bother? I can go through the motions but really what is the point? And I know, we are better off than others who are facing life threatening illnesses - I get that and understand it. But still ... feel a bit abandoned (which is hard to state because when you are out of hope, isn't religion where you are supposed to turn to)?

Alli
Alli

October 14th, 2011, 3:17 pm #2

If you want to listen, I can recommend some awesome podcasts from an pastor in NYC named Tim Keller. He tackles the tough issues of doubt, suffering, etc without condescension or judgment. He also gave an amazing talk to Google employees about these same questions.

October 14th, 2011, 4:08 pm #3

When I first started this journey, I would pray hard because I believed that G-d would ultimately hear your prayers and respond. Now, after so many years of unanswered prayers, I figure why bother? I can go through the motions but really what is the point? And I know, we are better off than others who are facing life threatening illnesses - I get that and understand it. But still ... feel a bit abandoned (which is hard to state because when you are out of hope, isn't religion where you are supposed to turn to)?
Hang in there! I'm a Christian, too, and I've been in that spot before where it feels like God is too quiet. I was talking to my cousin about the stress of going through all of this, and she recommended the book "The Shack." I haven't read it, but she said it helps deal with the feeling that it seems God isn't concerned with what's happening to us. I'm currently reading "The God I Love" by Joni Eareckson Tada. I don't know if you know her, but she was paralyzed in a swimming accident. If it helps, there's a moment in the book where she's saying, "I have no hope, no hope, no hope...You have to be up there. Somebody better be up there. And you must- I know you must - care." It's really been helpful for me, and even with her situation being very different from mine.

I will pray for you, too. I'm also trying to reconcile myself to the fact that God may answer my prayers in a way that's very different from what I want, but in the mean time, He knows what we want and how your heart hurts, and He hasn't left or forgotten about you. He loves everything about you and is hanging on to every tear you've shed. Lots of hugs

Jen

October 14th, 2011, 7:33 pm #4

It's ok to feel far from God. He will meet you where you are.

It's ok to be angry at God. He can take it.

It's ok to be sad and feel hopeless. He knows how you feel because Jesus was human and had feelings and emotions too.

I've said this before, but Jesus taught us to pray without ceasing. For me, dealing with POF is what that looks like. Sometimes I ask Him to help me make it through the next 15 minutes, or even the next 5. Let Him carry your burdens.

Sara H
Sara H

October 16th, 2011, 1:10 am #5

There was a man in a house and a horrible flood was coming.

First, some people came by in a jeep and offered to take him to higher ground.

"No thank you," said the man, "God will provide!"

And the water came up to his first level.

Then, some men in a boat came by and offered to take him to shelter.

And the water came up to his second level.

Then the police came by in a helicopter and told him to climb to his roof, that they would take him to safety.

So the water covered his house. And he went to Heaven.

And as he stood before God he shook his head and said, "Lord, I trusted in you! Why didn't you save me?"
And the Lord said, "Son, I sent you a jeep, I sent you a boat and I sent you a helicopter! Finally I just had to come get you Myself!"

Just because we can't see the help doesn't mean it's not there.
Just because we can't hear His voice doesn't mean He's not shouting!
Sometimes if we are talking to ourselves too much, if we are letting our worries and expectations fill our heads it's very hard to hear His voice.

He has sent us the strength to keep trying.
He has sent us friends to help us.
He has sent us the minds to find this board.
He has sent us the support and wisdom of the ladies here, including the wonderful responses above.
He has sent us the knowledge of the fact that there are other paths to take to motherhood if this is not the right path for us.
He has give us the resources to try, though Dr.s or insurance or our own money.(As much as that hurts sometimes!)
He has sent us the power to help each other.

Don't lose your faith because you have a challenge in front of you. Challenges are why we have faith at all.

Hang in there,
Sara H

Alli
Alli

October 16th, 2011, 2:01 am #6

Love it!! Nt

October 16th, 2011, 12:50 pm #7

Then the police came by in a helicopter and told him to climb to his roof, that they would take him to safety.

And as he stood before God he shook his head and said, "Lord, I trusted in you! Why didn't you save me?"
And the Lord said, "Son, I sent you a jeep, I sent you a boat and I sent you a helicopter! Finally I just had to come get you Myself!"

Sometimes if we are talking to ourselves too much, if we are letting our worries and expectations fill our heads it's very hard to hear His voice.

He has sent us the support and wisdom of the ladies here, including the wonderful responses above.
He has sent us the knowledge of the fact that there are other paths to take to motherhood if this is not the right path for us.
He has give us the resources to try, though Dr.s or insurance or our own money.(As much as that hurts sometimes!)

Don't lose your faith because you have a challenge in front of you. Challenges are why we have faith at all.

Hang in there,
Sara H
That's so true! The talking to myself too much, worrying and focusing on my expectations too much, and getting too caught up in "what the numbers say" definitely pulls me away from hearing what He is saying.

October 17th, 2011, 12:50 am #8

Hang in there,
Sara H
I have heard this before but it was a great reminder! Thank you!

October 17th, 2011, 9:59 am #9

Hi, I second the remarks about Joni E. Tada's books. I also recommend "Plan B" By Pete Wilson.

E.
E.

October 17th, 2011, 7:55 pm #10

Hang in there,
Sara H
thank you Sarah, I am not using all of my resources because I am so depressed right now. Your message helps me. Also I go back and forth about my beliefs in God and it is helping me to read this thread on this board. Sometimes I have suffered from not having religion allowed here, it seems like a taboo topic but this thread is helping me, the way you phrased this thought especially. I've heard this joke/story a thousand times but at the moment it's very relevant to me.