Another E2 priming question... So sorry...

Another E2 priming question... So sorry...

Erin
Erin

January 21st, 2012, 6:59 pm #1

I decided to try Estrace for priming this cycle after my FSH went up instead of down after a week of using the Climara patch last month. I will be taking Estrace and will get 3 injections of Ganirelix at 9dpo this month to prime for next cycle- taking the Estrace from 9dpo until CD1 of next month. My clinic called in the Estrace and when I went to pick it up I was surprised to see how high a dose they prescribed- 2mg 3 times a day (6mg/day). I primed with Estrace once before in the past, but it was 2mg only once a day. Does this seem like a lot to you guys, especially together with the Ganirelix? I was worried about another high FSH month, now I'm worried about over-suppression... Ugh. Sorry for all the estrogen priming angst!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

January 21st, 2012, 7:12 pm #2

but hmmmmm. I am wondering if the reason for the high dosage is because of what I'd mentioned previously which is that Dr. d had expressed concerns to me about how the body absorbs and treats the Estrace. Maybe he is compensating for that by giving a high dosage. After all with the patch he has you change every other day to maintain a certain level in your system as opposed to using it once per week per medication instructions.

It does seem like a lot to me but I've never used Estrace for priming, only for luteal support so I can't say with confidence or experience.

Do you have dr. D's email? If so I'd shoot him a very quick email. He was always pretty good about emailing me right back.

Mrs.MrIrish
Mrs.MrIrish

January 21st, 2012, 7:19 pm #3

I've only used estrace post O as well but the highest I took was 3mg/day. 6mg seems like a lot. I would double check to make sure the script was written as intended. Sorry nothing is easy!

January 21st, 2012, 9:35 pm #4

I decided to try Estrace for priming this cycle after my FSH went up instead of down after a week of using the Climara patch last month. I will be taking Estrace and will get 3 injections of Ganirelix at 9dpo this month to prime for next cycle- taking the Estrace from 9dpo until CD1 of next month. My clinic called in the Estrace and when I went to pick it up I was surprised to see how high a dose they prescribed- 2mg 3 times a day (6mg/day). I primed with Estrace once before in the past, but it was 2mg only once a day. Does this seem like a lot to you guys, especially together with the Ganirelix? I was worried about another high FSH month, now I'm worried about over-suppression... Ugh. Sorry for all the estrogen priming angst!
I have his email if u don't have it. Shoot me an email so I can give it to u. I took 1 for priming.

mira cleb aby26 At. gmail

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled
Gearing up for IVF #4

Erin
Erin

January 21st, 2012, 11:03 pm #5

I'll email him on Monday (I think I do have the address- thanks anna). If he says it's correct, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I guess trust the professional? I've been burned that way before, but what can you do?

January 21st, 2012, 11:21 pm #6

HR does respond to email on the weekends. U can email now.

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled
Gearing up for IVF #4