a little light (le fibroid story, pg mentioned....)

a little light (le fibroid story, pg mentioned....)

teresa
teresa

February 23rd, 2012, 9:20 pm #1

so- went to my OB GYN today. called c ooper this morning to ask them to fax yesterdays findings to my dr, so she could have it to reference. said they would and THEY NEVER DID. DH called them from my drs office and they had it refaxed in 2 minutes.

(let me say that it was SO hard sitting in that OBGYN office today filled with heavily pregnant women. it was like taking bullets. the office was packed with them. i'd forgotten what it's like to see so many PG women, since you dont see much of that in an RE office. painful and since my due date was to be 3/26, one month away...i had a rough time in there today. imagining what should have been...)

anyway, it was nice to see my dr again since i have been with REs and havent seen her since the summer.

she took a look at me and i sensed she wanted to say something to me. she was hesitant. and then she did-

she told me that SHE had the same exact thing as me. same spot, same situation- compressing on the lining and changing the shape of the ute. and she had it removed. she told me it absolutely does have to come out because its too risky to keep it in for a pg. she was in complete agreement with dr b rasile on that. she said she does many of these and it will be okay. she said going through the vag should do it and it will be worse than a d+c but not as bad as a lap. she's going to try to get me in within the next 2 weeks.

i think hearing that she went through this around thanksgiving and then in january went on to conceive her second child..really set my mind at ease. it was so nice of her to tell me something so personal, too. i adore her.

we had a convo about me going to NJ to do the monitoring with dr c. she told me not to do the TI forever and to have a deadline is good (which i knew)...but we were talking and she thought it would still be a good idea for me to go tomorrow for blood and u/s to see where i am at for day 10- just to have the levels, etc.

so, i get home, call c ooper to have them fax b/w and u/s orders to the appropo places

10 minutes later i get a nasty callback from the nurse who said "im not faxing your orders over, you have a fibroid that needs to come out, youre not cycling" and hung up. WOW. bad taste in my mouth. i still have my callback next week with dr c. so ill discuss things with him.

i think- i HOPE- im doing the right thing. i hate second guessing- but i always do. just praying hard i will have this done right away and it will go flawlessly. and then by the grace of god, go on to have a successful pg.

thanks to everyone for all the words of encouragement yesterday and today. they helped me keep it together and feel better about this whole nightmare.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 23rd, 2012, 9:48 pm #2

Teresa..I'm so relieved for you!! There is your second opinion!! I just have one question..where was the fibroid located..in the lining or outside of the uterus?

teresa
teresa

February 23rd, 2012, 10:04 pm #3

thanks, i am trying to make my peace with it and trust that i'm doing the right thing. but neithr one of them said "if you want" it was "it needs to come out"
its located in the lining and is creating a large bulge so the uterus actually looks like its caving in. if that makes sense. i wish i could draw it.

AJ
AJ

February 23rd, 2012, 10:05 pm #4

so- went to my OB GYN today. called c ooper this morning to ask them to fax yesterdays findings to my dr, so she could have it to reference. said they would and THEY NEVER DID. DH called them from my drs office and they had it refaxed in 2 minutes.

(let me say that it was SO hard sitting in that OBGYN office today filled with heavily pregnant women. it was like taking bullets. the office was packed with them. i'd forgotten what it's like to see so many PG women, since you dont see much of that in an RE office. painful and since my due date was to be 3/26, one month away...i had a rough time in there today. imagining what should have been...)

anyway, it was nice to see my dr again since i have been with REs and havent seen her since the summer.

she took a look at me and i sensed she wanted to say something to me. she was hesitant. and then she did-

she told me that SHE had the same exact thing as me. same spot, same situation- compressing on the lining and changing the shape of the ute. and she had it removed. she told me it absolutely does have to come out because its too risky to keep it in for a pg. she was in complete agreement with dr b rasile on that. she said she does many of these and it will be okay. she said going through the vag should do it and it will be worse than a d+c but not as bad as a lap. she's going to try to get me in within the next 2 weeks.

i think hearing that she went through this around thanksgiving and then in january went on to conceive her second child..really set my mind at ease. it was so nice of her to tell me something so personal, too. i adore her.

we had a convo about me going to NJ to do the monitoring with dr c. she told me not to do the TI forever and to have a deadline is good (which i knew)...but we were talking and she thought it would still be a good idea for me to go tomorrow for blood and u/s to see where i am at for day 10- just to have the levels, etc.

so, i get home, call c ooper to have them fax b/w and u/s orders to the appropo places

10 minutes later i get a nasty callback from the nurse who said "im not faxing your orders over, you have a fibroid that needs to come out, youre not cycling" and hung up. WOW. bad taste in my mouth. i still have my callback next week with dr c. so ill discuss things with him.

i think- i HOPE- im doing the right thing. i hate second guessing- but i always do. just praying hard i will have this done right away and it will go flawlessly. and then by the grace of god, go on to have a successful pg.

thanks to everyone for all the words of encouragement yesterday and today. they helped me keep it together and feel better about this whole nightmare.
I'm glad you're feeling better about this:)

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 23rd, 2012, 10:09 pm #5

thanks, i am trying to make my peace with it and trust that i'm doing the right thing. but neithr one of them said "if you want" it was "it needs to come out"
its located in the lining and is creating a large bulge so the uterus actually looks like its caving in. if that makes sense. i wish i could draw it.
I REALLY think you are doing the right thing. Inside the lining and causing your uterine cavity to be distorted is NOT good. I would have made the same exact decision. Like I said earlier today, this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise!! I hope you can relax a bit now. All the best.

teresa
teresa

February 23rd, 2012, 10:13 pm #6

thank you for reinforcing my decision, it means ALOT. as my dr said today, what if i did get pg, i would be a wreck worrying about that fibroid and it would not end well. she was very adamant- remove it. just hoping for the best. thanks again for your support!!!

mel
mel

February 23rd, 2012, 10:13 pm #7

Glad that your OB (whom you adore and trust too, I'm assuming)agrees, so that gives you another opinion. The fact that she has been through the exact same thing AND went on to conceive shortly there after, hopefully that gives you a sense of relief.

It is so easy to second guess ourselves, believe me, I do it all the time. But, with that being said, try to be confident in your decision that this is what you need to do in order to move forward and give yourself the chance at carrying a pregnancy to term. You are in good hands, I'm sure.

Sending you positive thoughts and hugs.

teresa
teresa

February 23rd, 2012, 10:14 pm #8

I'm glad you're feeling better about this:)
thanks AJ im looking forward to having this be over and done.

teresa
teresa

February 23rd, 2012, 10:16 pm #9

Glad that your OB (whom you adore and trust too, I'm assuming)agrees, so that gives you another opinion. The fact that she has been through the exact same thing AND went on to conceive shortly there after, hopefully that gives you a sense of relief.

It is so easy to second guess ourselves, believe me, I do it all the time. But, with that being said, try to be confident in your decision that this is what you need to do in order to move forward and give yourself the chance at carrying a pregnancy to term. You are in good hands, I'm sure.

Sending you positive thoughts and hugs.
Mel, that is a very sweet thing to say. I hate second guessing, it feels like thats all we do sometimes, and agonize over our choices. I guess at the end of the day- we do the best we can and I just hope this goes well and it doesnt make anything worse. Either way, I would be worried. Thanks again for your thoughts and really encouraging words. They mean EVERYTHING to me now!!

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 23rd, 2012, 10:38 pm #10

Glad to hear your visit with OBGYN went well. This is reassuring and very nice of her to share a personal story. I have 3 fibroids, pretty small, but they can't always see them on the u/s. Mine are on the outside and supposedly not an issue. But I don't like knowing they are there grrrrr....

I noticed you said you had problems with faxes getting through...I have been going bonkers with this issue...to be honest, on the verge of a breakdown. Both my local clinic and C say they never get any of the faxes being sent back and forth, so I bucked up and got a myfax.com account like several others have mentioned. It works right through hotmail/gmail or whatever email. I haven't had any issues with it (yet). Everyone sends me a duplicate fax of everything being faxed around to my hotmail, and I can turn around and send it right away...so far everyone gets everything, no issues.

also, I ended up having them fax me an "open" order that I can fill in and carry in with me each time to the local clinic when they need me to do something. Ask if your local clinic accepts this, mine did. That way you don't have to worry about the orders getting through. I had to go in today for a P4 check, and it was a breeze...printed off the form, checked off P4, and voila!

I am happy knowing that perhaps you will sleep better tonight