8th IUI fail not a fail! (pregnancy ment)

8th IUI fail not a fail! (pregnancy ment)

May 21st, 2012, 7:59 pm #1

Hi everyone,

So, my plain to save myself a lot of anxiety by taking a pregnancy test 2 days before my period was due totally backfired. Clearblue estimated a 97% accuracy rate, and with that single blue line staring at me, I thought it was all over. But here I am now, 3 days late and with a BFP!! Thank you all for your support; please send good wishes and/or prayers for this little one to stick around and be healthy.

Any tips to prevent miscarriage?

Best,
Katherine

May 21st, 2012, 8:03 pm #2

Don't know whether it made any difference or not, but this time I did acupuncture the day before and after the IUI. The acupuncturist told me to eat lots of fat (avocados, butter, eggs, etc.) and avoid wheat, so I did that, too. Also started taking krill oil and a B complex vitamin. I also got a massage, and took the masseuse's advice to have my husband rub my ankles for a few nights to encourage implantation (it's supposed to stimulate the uterus). No way to tell if it's just coincidence, but I'm sure all of this didn't hurt.

Hadas
Hadas

May 21st, 2012, 8:25 pm #3

Congratulations!! Can you please tell me more about eliminating wheat (like what specifically? It seems so hard to do) and the massages... where exactly on the ankles?

Thanks and good luck!!

Katherine
Katherine

May 21st, 2012, 9:55 pm #4

Hi everyone,

So, my plain to save myself a lot of anxiety by taking a pregnancy test 2 days before my period was due totally backfired. Clearblue estimated a 97% accuracy rate, and with that single blue line staring at me, I thought it was all over. But here I am now, 3 days late and with a BFP!! Thank you all for your support; please send good wishes and/or prayers for this little one to stick around and be healthy.

Best,
Katherine
You've graduated to the pink board! (FYI, you should do most of your pg postings over there from now on just to be sensitive to others)

In terms of preventing m/c, I think the only thing you can really do to prevent spontaneous m/c (that is a m/c not caused by a genetic abnormality) is keep your p4 level up. Your RE should test it along with your first beta, so if it's not on the script, then ask for it. Most Drs say above 10 is ok with a natural BFP, but I would ask for p4 support if it's below 20. Also, if you eliminated wheat during this cycle, you should probably keep away from it for at least the 1st trimester, to keep your antibody count low (if you have any sort of real intolerance). Otherwise, there's not much you can do to prevent m/c if it's a genetic abnormality that causes abnormal growth.

Laura
Laura

May 21st, 2012, 9:56 pm #5

Haha! That's my middle name so it didn't feel weird to type it...DS was up all night last night...I'm a bit out of it.

Houston
Houston

May 22nd, 2012, 5:13 pm #6

Hi everyone,

Best,
Katherine
Good luck to you!!

Julie
Julie

May 22nd, 2012, 9:36 pm #7

Hi everyone,

Best,
Katherine
So glad things turned out differently. Big congrats on your good news!!

May 23rd, 2012, 5:13 pm #8

Congratulations!! Can you please tell me more about eliminating wheat (like what specifically? It seems so hard to do) and the massages... where exactly on the ankles?

Thanks and good luck!!
Well, I didn't totally eliminate wheat--just started having eggs or yoghurt for breakfast in stead of my usual big bowl of cereal. And cut down elsewhere--no sandwiches for a while, but still ate quiche with crust,for example. My acupuncturist's theory is that because I have other food allergies, wheat can be kind of a "gateway" food that makes you more sensitive to other allergies, so it couldn't hurt to cut back. He admitted it was a long shot, though.

As for the ankle rub, it was pretty much just all over--not very scientific, but it felt nice. Apparently you can do it yourself, but it's nicer to have a partner do it.

Hope that helps--and good luck!

Best,
Katherine