5dpt... had about 10 minutes of stress and now I'm... stressed!

5dpt... had about 10 minutes of stress and now I'm... stressed!

Anon for this please
Anon for this please

May 2nd, 2012, 2:25 am #1

Please help me think more rationally!

Today is 5dpt and I tried to call DH (who is traveling for work this week) and couldn't reach him for 30 minutes. My creative mind went all over the place and for about 10 minutes, I was totally stressed, nervous, shaking, stomach ache, and then he called.

Now DH is like, "Wow, I hope your stress didn't impact implantation", so now I have that on my head. Logically, I assume most women have brief moments of stress like that and still get pg. Do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks

Laura
Laura

May 2nd, 2012, 4:50 am #2

And dh is a doofus for saying that. Take some deep breaths. Stress delays ovulation, but seeing as how you are doing IVF, this is not the problem. IVF is stressful enough by itself and yet it works for lots of people. You are doing great.

Anon
Anon

May 2nd, 2012, 1:58 pm #3

I'm still so worried that I messed something up. The stress/anxiety literally lasted a total of 10 minutes, so logically, I'm sure this has no impact by itself, but now I can't help but wonder...

Has anyone else here worried about the same thing or am I just a nutjob? Totally possible!

smrc
smrc

May 2nd, 2012, 3:24 pm #4

Today is 5dpt and I tried to call DH (who is traveling for work this week) and couldn't reach him for 30 minutes. My creative mind went all over the place and for about 10 minutes, I was totally stressed, nervous, shaking, stomach ache, and then he called.

Now DH is like, "Wow, I hope your stress didn't impact implantation", so now I have that on my head. Logically, I assume most women have brief moments of stress like that and still get pg. Do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks
and worry about stress too! I recently had success on a FET where implantation occurred sometime when I was helping with a very stressful court trial! As the OP mentioned, I think stress is generally known to just impact ovulation. So take lots of deep breaths and move past the incident - it will be fine!

Anon
Anon

May 2nd, 2012, 3:31 pm #5

Thank you!!! :) n/t

Alli
Alli

May 2nd, 2012, 7:12 pm #6

and worry about stress too! I recently had success on a FET where implantation occurred sometime when I was helping with a very stressful court trial! As the OP mentioned, I think stress is generally known to just impact ovulation. So take lots of deep breaths and move past the incident - it will be fine!
I wiggled my way out of a trial around my IVF. I would have killed someone

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 2nd, 2012, 7:37 pm #7

That's a very supportive comment from you.

May 2nd, 2012, 8:11 pm #8

Thanks
Stress will affect ovulation but not implantation. so sit back, have a wee chuckle at how stressed you were and chalk it up to hormones

Fingers crossed for you!

think on this: if stress affected implantation no one with IF would ever get pg.

good luck!!
Juliemam

May 2nd, 2012, 11:17 pm #9

That's a very supportive comment from you.
I guess its not helpful to know someone else with a LOT of stress was successful.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Anon original poster
Anon original poster

May 3rd, 2012, 1:05 am #10

Stress will affect ovulation but not implantation. so sit back, have a wee chuckle at how stressed you were and chalk it up to hormones

Fingers crossed for you!

think on this: if stress affected implantation no one with IF would ever get pg.

good luck!!
Juliemam
And thank you all for your help and for sharing your experiences!